Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Anderson went from -800 to -450, anyone know WHY????

I was looking at the lines again for today, looks like Anderson went from -800 to -450! Holy cow. Does anyone know if he is injured????? I didn't think so. That is a TON of action on Duckworth. Do they just think Duck can win this match & prob will????? If Kevin is not injured, I don't see that happening. Any comments to maybe help some people out for this match I'm sure would be appreciated. Thanks.

mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

haas line has dropped significantly as well....no clue whats up.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Don't f'ck with the Duck... or the "American"!

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by mrlif1 View Post
    haas line has dropped significantly as well....no clue whats up.
    Yea, the only one going up is Del Potro. Makes me wonder, I have heard nothing of Kevin being injured OR Tommy. I am forced to think that the public is just taking the big dogs hoping DP or Haas is rusty being their first matches. Ya'll agree with that???

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

duckworth giving him a run for his money

PharaohUB

lots of rain tonight, not sure if they will get any more matches in. have duckworth +4 hope they at least finish that match so i can cash

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

My guess is nothing more than value hunters. Lines are outrageous, but broken record style - they've been ridiculous for going on two years now. Prices probably closed realistically around where they should have been all along. I think books have been increasingly cavalier with these lines. Outside of Djokovic & maybe Murray, there isn't a player on tour who isn't immune to a one and done scenario at a tournament these days. I would think this is also a product of chalk parlays burning them a little and them wanting to make sure that parlay players are going to carry increased risk and/or get lower payouts if they set these prices continually high. Just my thoughts. Also taking advantage of names vs. "nameless" ... at least for most of the public when you consider guys like Smyczek and Duckworth who cut their teeth more on Challengers.

Public is gonna see Haas vs. some guy they don't know and think, easy money. Or think Anderson, hey this guy was in a Final last week against who? Flawed logic, but nonetheless not that unlikely.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-31-13 at 07:21 PM.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I saw his buddy lay 50,000 on duckworth..... Seemed kinda odd

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

You must also remember Anderson has played a ton of matches recently. Anything from here he may not care a ton as hes made a bit of cash lately.

EaglesPhan36

Duckworth & Anderson have played about the same amount the last three weeks albeit Duckworth did his mostly in a Challenger, still I don't think overplay had much to do with people who may have tried Duckworth. If anything, it would have been the old letdown angle after losing a Final .... which might explain why the value hunters went in on him.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    My guess is nothing more than value hunters. Lines are outrageous, but broken record style - they've been ridiculous for going on two years now. Prices probably closed realistically around where they should have been all along. I think books have been increasingly cavalier with these lines. Outside of Djokovic & maybe Murray, there isn't a player on tour who isn't immune to a one and done scenario at a tournament these days. I would think this is also a product of chalk parlays burning them a little and them wanting to make sure that parlay players are going to carry increased risk and/or get lower payouts if they set these prices continually high. Just my thoughts. Also taking advantage of names vs. "nameless" ... at least for most of the public when you consider guys like Smyczek and Duckworth who cut their teeth more on Challengers.

Public is gonna see Haas vs. some guy they don't know and think, easy money. Or think Anderson, hey this guy was in a Final last week against who? Flawed logic, but nonetheless not that unlikely.

well said.

PharaohUB

Anyone know if/when they will resume play? Got duckworth and timmy +4

EaglesPhan36

Their Twitter about an hour ago said hoping to resume play shortly, obviously has not happened. If you look at the weather map though there does look like there is a window opening to get some play back in tonight. Maybe at least finish the Anderson and Haas matches. Pretty doubtful the Del Potro match will get done today or probably even start today - then again, I ain't Ollie Williams.

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

few minutes ago on their Twitter page:

"All WTA matches have been postponed till tomorrow, ATP matches will resume once the courts are dry."

Alright, let's get this over with. Took Haas +100 live late 2nd set. Hope he keeps playing like he did before the break.

PharaohUB

what's the twitter link juuso?

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by juuso View Post
    thanks man

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Taking their time. Hope it didn't start raining again.

PharaohUB

play suspended for the night

Dmoneytx

Guess it didn't matter Anderson breaks Duckworth to end the match in 2 mins. Wish I had him at the -450 price in my parlays than the -800, LOL!!! Way to go Kevin!!!

=
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-14-15 at 11:46 AM.