Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Nowhere near it. Possibly the most exiciting one though. I'm nominating this for a WTA-award!
    Seconded, they should have been wearing dresses.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nowhere near it. Possibly the most exiciting one though. I'm nominating this for a WTA-award!
    I guarantee even all the best of them Djoker/Murray/Fed/Ferrer has suffered epic WTA-like meltdowns some point in their career. I've seen it happen to all these guys especially early in their careers. It's how they respond that makes them champions.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I guarantee even all the best of them Djoker/Murray/Fed/Ferrer has suffered epic WTA-like meltdowns some point in their career. I've seen it happen to all these guys especially early in their careers. It's how they respond that makes them champions.
    Conspiracy theorist in me believes he wanted it to go to a tie-break.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by STAY STRONG View Post
    Because you are a clown.
    Calm down, fognini still won. It may have been super close but the guy on the 12 match streak won. In the end not really suprised. #1 rule for wagering is that your not supposed to wager against a player, or a team on a long winning streak or losing streak.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I think you're absolutely right, but I haven't actually seen anything quite like that from those four. That doesn't change my opinion on the match at all though.

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Calm down, fognini still won. It may have been super close but the guy on the 12 match streak won. In the end not really suprised. #1 rule for wagering is that your not supposed to wager against a player, or a team on a long winning streak or losing streak.
    Quite the contrary in fact. Not for the sake of "being due" in the slightest. It has to do instead with the mental and physical toll of a lot of wins (in addition to a lot of matches). This of course entirely excludes the factor of the odds which will be increasingly juicy (pun intended) the longer the streak lasts.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Rules are meant to be broken, but it's a generally bad freaking idea to try to time the end of a streak. Just lay off it, 9 times out of 10, if it gets too juicy for you, is the right move imo.

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Rules are meant to be broken, but it's a generally bad freaking idea to try to time the end of a streak. Just lay off it, 9 times out of 10, if it gets too juicy for you, is the right move imo.
    Consistently fading it is certainly a bad idea, but carefully picking your spot is a fantastic one. I'm by no stretch of the imagination implying Monfils was a good such spot by the way...

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quite the contrary in fact. Not for the sake of "being due" in the slightest. It has to do instead with the mental and physical toll of a lot of wins (in addition to a lot of matches). This of course entirely excludes the factor of the odds which will be increasingly juicy (pun intended) the longer the streak lasts.
    This is true.

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    This is true.
    If the point is fading someone simply because they're on a streak I'd be inclined to think that's a stupid FKing idea, I might add.

In the case of this match I'd also agree with MDF. I did not put much faith in Pirate trailing *5-6 after dropping six straight games from the *5-0 lead. Mark of a champion indeed! Especially the way he started cramping and additionally upped his game another notch (from the height of the match speaking) to dominate the tiebreak considering the situation he was in and what had just happened.

Dr.Gonzo

Robredo dished up some rubbish in that second set

Another game completely turned

Dr.Gonzo

Fognini has developed into quite a champion. Most guys other than Djoker/Murray/Ferrer would have folded like a tent in the tiebreaker after that epic meltdown. If you watched the match, those were some unreal shots he made in that tiebreaker. Put so much pressure on Monfils. I'm happy for the italian. This guy has developed into a quite special player on clay.
    Of course he would serve up this effort after wrapping him like that

First 123