theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Almagro vs Fognini Discussion

Thought I'll start this up seeing that the lines are up. Fognini started at 2.50 at Pinny! Rapidly dropped to 2.31.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I was waiting to pounce on the opening after I saw the 2.50 at a different book. Fk exercising! But what's .20 to a mofo like me can you please remind me? I luuuuv Fabio here after seeing both matches today.
    Last edited by ohumad; 07-19-13 at 02:54 PM.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fognini is possessed. I will not bet against him again until he comes off this high.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I dont get this line at all. +120 for Fognini wtf. Should be -130 Fognini he destroyed hass. Djokovic style

theballsflop
    Fish

I always felt that books overvalue Almagro on clay when he's playing against anyone other than the top 5. Sure he's good but not that good nor consistent. He huffed and puffed against Monaco who played so erratically. If Fognini is even close to what he was today against Haas, ship it holla balla!

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Think I still feel almagro wins this. Haas looked really bad. Almagro is still real good.

187732526-1 7/20/13 1:52am $140.00 $116.67 Pending 7/20/13 6:00am ATP Tennis 121 Nicolas Almagro -120* vs Fabio Fognini

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    I dont get this line at all. +120 for Fognini wtf. Should be -130 Fognini he destroyed hass. Djokovic style
    The line is down to +100 now. I still do not think Fognini necessarily wins this, but he should be the favorite. So this is (was) a good line to bet on.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Again, the line is fair IMO. If books always knee jerked to a hot player for a week or two, they'd hate themselves. Prior to Stuttgart, Fognini had not done anything exceptional on clay this year since Monte Carlo. At this, point it is a coin toss - so giving the guy with better results overall on dirt for the year and the ranking advantage (not that it means shit) the slight edge ... I mean seriously, what do you shit bags expect? If you think Fognini is such a bargain, you should be thanking the books for making him a dog for you.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    The line is down to +100 now. I still do not think Fognini necessarily wins this, but he should be the favorite. So this is (was) a good line to bet on.
    Fognini absolutely made Hass look stupid. Almagro hasnt had that stiff of a challenge. Hass forced Fognini to be creative. Once almagro is frustrated he mentally shuts down. Fognini is in a super mental uforia right now. Almagro will get some points from serve but i dont see his drop volleys or creativity helping being greater then Fognini. Fognini looked like Nadal out there today

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Fognini absolutely made Hass look stupid. Almagro hasnt had that stiff of a challenge. Hass forced Fognini to be creative. Once almagro is frustrated he mentally shuts down. Fognini is in a super mental uforia right now. Almagro will get some points from serve but i dont see his drop volleys or creativity helping being greater then Fognini. Fognini looked like Nadal out there today
    Let's not exaggerate here. Fognini has not beaten any top-20 players over the past two weeks apart from Haas, who is clearly tired and not matching up well with Fognini. The odds are more or less fair.
    Novak Djokovic Fabio Fognini 6-2 6-1 here is a fun scoreline from the tourney in Monte Carlo where Fognini was also on a tear, just a few weeks ago.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Fognini ML seems value here, although it does not mean he necessarily wins.

Fog +1.5 sets is the best bet. Over 22.5 also seems good. I also took Fognini ML @2.15

MasterBet
    Tennis betting are exhausting
    MasterBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Let's not exaggerate here. Fognini has not beaten any top-20 players over the past two weeks apart from Haas, who is clearly tired and not matching up well with Fognini. The odds are more or less fair.
    Novak Djokovic Fabio Fognini 6-2 6-1 here is a fun scoreline from the tourney in Monte Carlo where Fognini was also on a tear, just a few weeks ago.

You right,anyone who saw the game yesterday could see that Tommy was tired, distracted, and he was just trying to finish points quickly.
    However, Almagro could easily throw away the second set and lose the game, but unlike is poor mentality Almagro came back with a sweep set in the 2nd, in the decisive set Monaco did not give up on anything and broke and held to lead 3-1 but Almagro is not pressed, held and broke back. game after this,he way back from 40 love down , to hold and break right after that.and its look like in long ralies Almagro have more chance with his one BH than other one BH players(Tommy,Koli).

BOL to all.

theballsflop
    Fish

Nice start to the match

theballsflop
    Fish

Ship it holla balla

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Again, the line is fair IMO. If books always knee jerked to a hot player for a week or two, they'd hate themselves. Prior to Stuttgart, Fognini had not done anything exceptional on clay this year since Monte Carlo. At this, point it is a coin toss - so giving the guy with better results overall on dirt for the year and the ranking advantage (not that it means shit) the slight edge ... I mean seriously, what do you shit bags expect? If you think Fognini is such a bargain, you should be thanking the books for making him a dog for you.
    Fognini should have been a -150 or higher favorite today. Clearly the dominant player. Books were off on this one.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Fognini should have been a -150 or higher favorite today. Clearly the dominant player. Books were off on this one.
    Judging from this one match that took place today, yes. However only one of many possible outcomes was derived. There is no way of possibly knowing what the line should have been simply by looking at this match.

matt1216

Omg common Delbonis!!!!

theballsflop
    Fish

Omg common Delbonis!!!!
    lol thought u were in Fed's camp brah.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    lol thought u were in Fed's camp brah.
    Took delbo live when i knew fed was gonna shit the bed on the handicapp " brah" ill post my tickets

matt1216

I know when to fold tent when im wrong

theballsflop
    Fish

Took delbo live when i knew fed was gonna shit the bed on the handicapp " brah" ill post my tickets
    None needed, it's good that you won. Just wanted to give u a subtle jack for the 'roger isn't losing' reply in the other thread, heh.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    None needed, it's good that you won. Just wanted to give u a subtle jack for the 'roger isn't losing' reply in the other thread, heh.
    Ya i know lol, i was very suprised by delbonis winning, now what.... Fck me. Now what. Fognini or delbonis? I think i have to go with foggs