RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bogomolov Jr loses a point, shakes the hand of the ump & retires down 3-1 in the 3rd

WTF?

Anybody else see this?

Here's the story:

"BP for Klahn at 2-1 in the third. Long rally when Klahn hits a floating backhand slice. Lands near the baseline and bounces up, Bogomolov doesn't hit it assuming it was called out. Neither the line judge nor the chair said anything. The chair announces "Game, Klahn" and Bogomolov goes up to the chair and says he heard an out call. The chair says it must have come from the crowd as there was no call. At this point Bogomolov reaches his hand up for the umpire, who realizes that Bogomolov is retiring and awkwardly shakes his hand. Bogomolov packs his rackets up and quickly leaves the court."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHiff...ature=youtu.be

Obviously had some choice words for the umpire... what an odd ending.

RichardGeorge

And the ball was obviously in.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

HAHAHAHAH

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Fortunately for me, I had Bogolomov, and bovada 'No Action's all matches if a player retires. lol. Saved myself 90 bucks.

SlaytheBook
    SlaytheBook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2575

Sore loser syndrome. Not proud to say it, but I know it well.
    The rush Bogomolov got from telling off and cursing at the umpire while storming off seemed justified and worth it at the time.
    A thought process of "F this - this court is stacked against me, I'll right-size this clown umpire by patronizing him with a handshake and leaving the court after his terrible call."
    Too bad his King Baby behavior was unfounded as it appears the replays showed the correct call was made.

I'm sure after he cooled off, he wished he handled things differently ... like remembering that he should be swinging at borderline shots to the baseline, and especially when defending serve on BPs in a rubber set.

He won't be replaying that sequence to his kids. But someone should.

Found these quotes from earlier in his career:

"After a loss back in the day, I would go into hiding for three days, got depressed, did not talk to anybody, turned my phone off, and just basically went in hiding until the next tournament," he said.

"Now I deal with the losses as professionally as it gets. I have a beer at night and next day it's back to work, reassess, re-evaluate everything I have to do."

Comedy. It appears there is still room for improvement.
    And I'm not finger pointing - my experience is that once a sore loser, always a sore loser.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Should have never have changed countries..the traitor..

RichardGeorge

That is true.. Ever since he changed countries nothing's going right for him.. Even though I was surprised to see his as high in the rankings as he is again (81)

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He had been rolling in Challengers this Spring. Three titles. Let's face it, that's his niche. He had his one year in 2011, but I don't think anyone expected him to keep that up.

"Go F yourself" .... awesome way to leave the court.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Interesting...but not the first time we see a total nut-case in pro sports, and won't be the last.

Although, I don't understand the cussing to teh chair. I could see if he did it to the crowd, but wtf did the umpire do wrong? Russian nut-case.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Speaking of nut-cases ... This reminds me of a story from my days as a young baseball player that I have shared many times. I sucked, but I digress about that part.

Our team was playing in the second game of a doubleheader one Sunday afternoon, and I lost my cool when the third-base umpire ruled me out on a tag. I attempted to advance from first to third on a hit. I swear I got my hand on the bag WELL ahead of the tag, but the ump saw it differently and called me out. Who was right doesn't matter much.

Now, keep in mind that I was a teenager with raging hormones and a poor disposition ... not a grown man who has played professional tennis for year. But I let this umpire have it. I mean, we got face to face and tore each other apart verbally. Finally, after a couple coaches grabbed me and tried to calm me down the umpire points at me and yells, "NUMBER 14, YOU'RE OUT OF THIS BALL GAME!" Then, he does his little hand gesture. I think that was one of the most joyful moments of his life. haha.

Before I started walking toward the gate next to our dugout, I had to get in a walk-off jab like Bogo ... I screamed, "I WAS JUST LEAVING ANYWAY, YOU BLIND A**HOLE!" Then, I left the ball park.

Needless to say, I gave up on baseball soon after.

Before you ask, no, that umpire is not Angel Hernandez.