BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Anyone awake tonight and sweating the women Wimbledon semi matches? Radwanska +145?

Sick price on this carpet muncher.
    Most experience n pedigree by far out of the 4 bulls left.
    +145 seems out of whack here.

Little too much hype on the favorite just cuz Serena lost one match.
    Radwanska OWNED this girl last match they played earlier in the year also.

I watch Men's way more than tennis for obvious reasons. But the price seems tasty to me here.

Anyone else like this play/value??

Shari?????? Vyom??

You awake??

Gonna put a few bucks on it.

Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 07-04-13 at 01:58 AM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Good luck tonight Benny!

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Night Owls unite

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Night Owls unite

Yeh, nothing like some 5am degen action.

I just noticed the price on the dog here and had to see why. Didn't make sense. She has minor nagging injury that's only reason.

I know you won't post who you like until the match is over

ApricotSinner32

I also post pics of me getting buried my burials are well documented. I am not floyd mayweather only posting winning tickets settle down.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Lisicki 28-7 career on grass, the right player is favored. Not just someone who beat Serena, she can play on this surface. Over is the better play imo

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    Lisicki 28-7 career on grass, the right player is favored. Not just someone who beat Serena, she can play on this surface. Over is the better play imo
    Yeah I saw that.
    Radwanska has all the experience and has beaten plenty of the top players before. She's had a couple cracks at majors before.
    I like the price mainly. Seems like a value play on a coin flip if not slight edge to the dog IMO. But I'm not strong in women's tennis because I can't stand watching them.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Yeah I saw that.
    Radwanska has all the experience and has beaten plenty of the top players before. She's had a couple cracks at majors before.
    I like the price mainly. Seems like a value play on a coin flip if not slight edge to the dog IMO. But I'm not strong in women's tennis because I can't stand watching them.
    respect it, I won't be watching this one either. But I played the over so hopefully we both win

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I'm on Aggie but only for small. Trying to predict the winner of these matches now is a crapshoot so anyone who's confident enough with these women to go huge is a fullblown nutter in my eyes. If Lisicki serves like she did against Serena, she has a good shot of winning but Aggie's going to draw errors out of her like she does everyone. Lisicki had 19 against Kanepi in a relatively easy match so that's a real concern for her against a player of Radwanska's consistency, as is her emotional state. If she can't control her errors she's toast. Aggie won't be the physically stronger one on the court but she is by far the smarter one with incredible defence, shot selection and pace so I'm taking the + odds in the hope she plays the same game she did against Li. If she does, she wins.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave shari91 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

It is a 50:50 match, yes. So the value is on Radwanska. I do have a small bet on her.
    (However I hope crybaby Lisicki wins, Germany needs a big tennis title to get more attention again. Days of Stich, Becker, Graf are long over and nobody was able to replace them.)

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    It is a 50:50 match, yes. So the value is on Radwanska. I do have a small bet on her.
    (However I hope crybaby Lisicki wins, Germany needs a big tennis title to get more attention again. Days of Stich, Becker, Graf are long over and nobody was able to replace them.)
    [ ] 50/50

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I'm on Aggie but only for small. Trying to predict the winner of these matches now is a crapshoot so anyone who's confident enough with these women to go huge is a fullblown nutter in my eyes. If Lisicki serves like she did against Serena, she has a good shot of winning but Aggie's going to draw errors out of her like she does everyone. Lisicki had 19 against Kanepi in a relatively easy match so that's a real concern for her against a player of Radwanska's consistency, as is her emotional state. If she can't control her errors she's toast. Aggie won't be the physically stronger one on the court but she is by far the smarter one with incredible defence, shot selection and pace so I'm taking the + odds in the hope she plays the same game she did against Li. If she does, she wins.
    What book?

ApricotSinner32

Root in bartoli

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

lol @ how many times people use the "50/50, value with underdog theory".

You do realize you saying 50/50 doesn't make the match a 50/50 proposition. Books are smarter than any of us and if the match-up truly was a toss-up, the price would reflect it. Vegas isn't stupid enough to offer +145 on 50/50 match-ups.

And even if you think a particular match is 50/50, you can't just assume ur doing urself good by betting the underdog at + money. This would mean that not only would u need to place thousands of bets to make sure u get the benefit of the 'price value' by winning half of those bets, you would also have to make sure that ALL those bets are infact 50/50 match-ups that you bet (an impossible task to say the least).

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i think i just threw up ^^^

and radwag's injury will come into play imo, lisicki wins in 3

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post

You do realize you saying 50/50 doesn't make the match a 50/50 proposition. Books are smarter than any of us and if the match-up truly was a toss-up, the price would reflect it. Vegas isn't stupid enough to offer +145 on 50/50 match-ups.

And even if you think a particular match is 50/50, you can't just assume ur doing urself good by betting the underdog at + money. This would mean that not only would u need to place thousands of bets to make sure u get the benefit of the 'price value' by winning half of those bets, you would also have to make sure that ALL those bets are infact 50/50 match-ups that you bet (an impossible task to say the least).
    and even after all of that you need to hope the site is not down for maintenance.............

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Books are setting the line to get close to even action on both sides. So what's the point of your tirade dude ? You on Lisicki then ?

BennyBigNuts

Root in bartoli
    Wow......If anyone ever looks like a possible former man she's a prime candidate.
    does she have kids?

ApricotSinner32

This guy gets it

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Wow......If anyone ever looks like a possible former man she's a prime candidate.
    does she have kids?

I wouldn't hesitate to hit it bennay

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    What book?
    365. Trying to clear out the scraps in my account after withdrawing everything after live betting Murray too much last night. I put the rest on Bartoli.

ApricotSinner32

Shari mushed bartoli fuk.

shari91

Shari mushed bartoli fuk.
    Sure did even though I was on her in her last match. As I was Radwanska. And Flipkens.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Lisicki v Fat-oli final.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Got 3.5 units on Radwanska. In my opinion she's a 60-65% favourite over Lisicki. Yeah I'm watching the match. It's 930pm local time for me.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Books are setting the line to get close to even action on both sides. So what's the point of your tirade dude ? You on Lisicki then ?
    It is so fcking funny that so many of these wise guys don't understand that.....

Same with "Vegas is setting up a trap". No, wrong. Books are evening out their action. They don't give a flying fukk who wins, because they win anyway.

ApricotSinner32

It is so fcking funny that so many of these wise guys don't understand that.....

Same with "Vegas is setting up a trap". No, wrong. Books are evening out their action. They don't give a flying fukk who wins, because they win anyway.
    Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Pound the over
    And pound the first set over 9.5 should go tie break IMO

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Keep thinking that pal.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Especially for our special kid here, enjoy pal....

"By adjusting the odds in his favour or by having a point spread, the bookmaker will aim to guarantee a profit by achieving a 'balanced book', either by getting an equal number of bets for each outcome, or (when he is offering odds) by getting the amounts wagered on each outcome to reflect the odds. When a large bet comes in, a bookmaker can also try to lay off the risk by buying bets from other bookmakers. The bookmaker does not generally attempt to make money from the bets themselves, but rather by acting as a market maker and profiting from the event regardless of the outcome. Their working methods are similar to that of an actuary, who does a similar balancing of financial outcomes of events for the assurance and insurance industries."

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

After further research, I am laying off A-Rad and keeping the over only. A-Rad has spent 50% more time on court and the average rating of her opps was only 69 vs 29 for Lisicki. I do not like these stats. As much I like A-Rad, I think Lisicki probably wins. I see more value in Flipper vs the beast. Since, I bet on A-Rad at the book that cancels the bet if the player retires, I am hoping A-Rad retires after the 1st set

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post

At long fukking last – two individuals who aren't utterly ignorant of bookmaking. THANK YOU!!

Hardcoar

No, it is in fact the exact, absolute, undisputable truth.
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 07-04-13 at 06:02 AM.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave Hardcoar 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    No, it is in fact the exact, absolute undisputable truth.
    Isn't the ignorance incredibly funny?

Hardcoar

It's both amusing and frustrating, because it seems people never understand the very basics of bookkeeping, regardless of how many times I try to teach them. : (

12 Last