frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

tomic vs blake ? tomic is only -180 ?

I do not understand why Tomic is only -180. I thought Blake looked completely washed up a month ago. Anybody seen him play at Wimby or Tomic ?

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Tomic sustained some sort of injury in his match against Queermo FKface. All I know is that there was an MTO towards the end of 4:th.

I haven't seen Blake play, but judging by results in his Wimbledon matches he can't be completely washed up, can he?

I'm likely staying the FK away from this one, but you could try Tomic games HC or set betting to avoid a retirement loss (depending on your bookmaker's rules, naturally).

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tomic retired from his doubles match today boys.

Remember he had the hammy injury that he suffered at Roland Garros still as a bother coming in. Even though I don't like strictly playing injury angles, I am going to jump in on Blake for a little bit tonight before that news gets out even more. Might not matter if Tomic can't go at all.

Hardcoar

Oftentimes they try to go regardless just because it's a GS and if 1:st finishes you could be golden...

EaglesPhan36

Off the board @ 5Dimes. Still listed at pinnacle. Will monitor because I will take some JB!

frugalgambler

Thanks guys. Will also stay away from betting on Tomic.

EaglesPhan36

It's back up at 5Dimes, already diving down. Tomic -155. Blake +135. I'm in the J-Block for half a unit. More info on Tomic. The problem against Querrey was a "dizzy spell" in the 4th set. He blamed it on not eating enough at breakfast. Also believed that he tweaked his hamstring problem during the same match and that may have been what forced the retirement in doubles today.

The intrigue begins at on Court 18 tomorrow, 2nd match up.

Hardcoar

Sounds like BS to me. Maybe kid's all in on Blake. That'd explain the unreasonable line movements...

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    It's back up at 5Dimes, already diving down. Tomic -155. Blake +135. I'm in the J-Block for half a unit. More info on Tomic. The problem against Querrey was a "dizzy spell" in the 4th set. He blamed it on not eating enough at breakfast. Also believed that he tweaked his hamstring problem during the same match and that may have been what forced the retirement in doubles today.

The intrigue begins at on Court 18 tomorrow, 2nd match up.
    I am pretty sure this Tomic dude does not care about doubles anyway and probably did not want to get injured playing those. I like him over Blake at these odds. Blake IS washed up.

EaglesPhan36

I'm sure he doesn't, but the point is he went out to play and couldn't finish with the hamstring reportedly flaring up - why you would want to take a shot on a guy who has a definite injury that he has been carrying for a month is your choice obviously ... me, I'm oppo taco and won't fret on the outcome wherever it goes.

EaglesPhan36

Tomic won in straights. Not particularly great win as he let Blake back into the 2nd and 3rd sets, but he won. Anyone get to watch a lot of this that can tell me how Tomic looked physically?

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Physically, he looked fine.

They mentioned on Aussie coverage withdrawal from doubles game was just precautionary to focus on singles.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Tomic won in straights. Not particularly great win as he let Blake back into the 2nd and 3rd sets, but he won. Anyone get to watch a lot of this that can tell me how Tomic looked physically?
    I watched the whole thing. Mat's right - he looked completely fine. Personally I think he withdrew from the doubles to stick it to the organisers because yesterday was supposed to be the day he went to talk to them about getting his dad let in to watch the Blake match. Since his dad wasn't there I assume they told him to piss off.

Mat - Are you watching the DelPotro match on 7? I'm trying to figure out who the American is commentating. He keeps pronouncing Juan's name DelPohhhhtro and reminds me of a stoner. Driving me nuts who it is.

EaglesPhan36

That sounds like something Justin Gimelstob would say.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

That sounds like something Justin Gimelstob would say.
    Damn, his voice sounds a bit familiar so maybe that's who it is! Horrible commentating but figure I'm better off watching this than witnessing my bets go up in flames.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I watched the whole thing. Mat's right - he looked completely fine. Personally I think he withdrew from the doubles to stick it to the organisers because yesterday was supposed to be the day he went to talk to them about getting his dad let in to watch the Blake match. Since his dad wasn't there I assume they told him to piss off.

Mat - Are you watching the DelPotro match on 7? I'm trying to figure out who the American is commentating. He keeps pronouncing Juan's name DelPohhhhtro and reminds me of a stoner. Driving me nuts who it is.
    yeah watching 7 Shari but no idea who the commentator is.

EaglesPhan36

If it's not Gimelstob, I'd put money on one of the Jensen brothers who used to play doubles.