EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hail to the King One Final Time ....

One of the greatest streaks in sports is over.

Roger Federer had made 36 straight quarterfinal apperances at Grand Slams. Amazing streak. Ended today by Sergy Stakhovsky. I'm sure most just want to bury him, but you should really take that achievement in for a second. Today in itself should show you that it's a feat that likely will never be matched.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: horja1

gcd8
    Update your status
    gcd8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

it was a good run, might be time for fed to think about retiring, it has to be frustrating for him not being at the same level he used to be, u can really tell in his return game he used to break people now he can't,

cappoblanca
    cappoblanca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 140

Maybe Rog should start making retirement plans for Switzerland.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by cappoblanca View Post
    Maybe Rog should start making retirement plans for Switzerland.
    LOL, why, he is the second highest paid athlete in the World.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Retire, sleep in late, have twin girls wake you up every morning in you mansion in Switz..what a life..

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he's trying to hold out for the Rio Olympics as his swan song. His work load is likely to be reduced further and further with that in mind, I would think. I'd imagine he will still play Slams, but be even more selective with the other tourneys. He doesn't need ranking or points. He'll get a wildcard into any event he wants, so he can pick and choose what he does from now on.