frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Wimbledon injuries

I was wondering if we could pool together our knowledge about the player injuries. Case in point: Petrova today could barely move and lost easily while being a +400 favorite. She said she had that injury since the French open, so if anybody could see her play at Eastbourne than he could make a killing betting against her. Kirilenko had a leg injury, Pavlyuchenkova twisted ankle in Paris. Puchkova won but she said after the match she has a shoulder injury that hampers her serving. I tried googling but it seems that this info is not easily available so it would be good to share what we might know.

At Wimby itself, Youzny and Ferrer had nasty ankle twisters. Anybody knows how players perform with twisted ankles ? Personally, I will stay away from Youzhny ML, and probably play only the GL tomorrow. Azarenka might have a knee injury after the fall (discussed elsewhere as well). Anybody else ?

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I heard Nadal has bad knees. Oh wait too late for that one too . Problem is half the tournament comes in complaining about something, but it doesn't become news until after they lose. I like the idea of the thread though. This is the kind of info that we need to beat the bookie.

frugalgambler

I know what you mean. After losing, a lot players would try to explain their loss by an injury. But Petrova today literally could not move forward and to the right. Actually, it might be a good idea to fade her in the doubles (she will continue to play doubles).

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Tomic, Kvitova, Tsonga, Stepanek, Azarenka, Sharapova, Flipkens, Wozniacki, Isner, Darcis, Youzhny, Benneteau, Cilic.

Those are the ones I know.

Oh, and tell me please: Was there an injury present in the case of Ivanovic?

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    I know what you mean. After losing, a lot players would try to explain their loss by an injury. But Petrova today literally could not move forward and to the right. Actually, it might be a good idea to fade her in the doubles (she will continue to play doubles).
    Petrova was Tuesday...

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I posted this in an earlier thread. My opinion on all the injuries this year:

I'm almost certain the slips/injuries today are caused by this different grass service. If you look at how the ball is bouncing off this surface, it looks hard as hell, like cement. There is no way that you have all these top tier players with Fed being the icing on the cake struggling like this. It's because they are not used to this harder grass surface. This harder surface also evens the playing field for lower tier players that normally struggle but have big serves.

Case in point Stakhovsky who's always known for having nothing but a big serve.....pulls off the greatest upset in slam history. This upset is way worse than the Nadal upset of last year because this is Fed's best surface.

Maybe they did it thinking it will give Murray a slight edge since his best surface leans more towards hardcourts , who knows.....but there's something going on with this year's surface imo.

Hardcoar

I forgot:

Ferrer, Anderson (incoming, status unknown), Cibulkova (incoming, status unknown).

Also, wasn't there something about Kerber?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

For Thursday ...

Tomic - Hamstring, withdrew from doubles on Wednesday, flared up during Querrey match
    Sijsling - Stomach illness last week, reported his conditioning was not what he wanted, but did not effect him in Round 1.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    For Thursday ...

Tomic - Hamstring, withdrew from doubles on Wednesday, flared up during Querrey match
    Sijsling - Stomach illness last week, reported his conditioning was not what he wanted, but did not effect him in Round 1.
    Youzny played today after taking painkillers, still have problems moving after that fall in the 1st round.