tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I have to take a shot with Rus +385 tomorrow

I know she has no confidence and is a double fault machine, but she showed me some decent fight against JJ in Germany this week, and she should have extra motivation playing in her home country. Quick turnaround for Rybarikova who lost to Vekic in the semis @ Birmingham, but this match should be closer than the line indicates. Most likely a loser but stranger things have happened. The line currently sits at -480/+385, with Rus getting 5 & 1/2 games @ minus a quarter.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    I know she has no confidence and is a double fault machine, but she showed me some decent fight against JJ in Germany this week, and she should have extra motivation playing in her home country. Quick turnaround for Rybarikova who lost to Vekic in the semis @ Birmingham, but this match should be closer than the line indicates. Most likely a loser but stranger things have happened. The line currently sits at -480/+385, with Rus getting 5 & 1/2 games @ minus a quarter.
    You might be overthinking this. I like Ryba to cover the spread. Rus never did well at that tourney, and Ryba will try to spend as little time on the court as possible.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I can get +500 right now, but I'm too scared!

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rus used to be decent.. Just shows you how important confidence, or lack thereof, is in tennis

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you want me to direct you towards some charities? They could use the money better than the books

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Well, she had set point at 5-4, didn't get it, and obviously gets broken to 15 at 5-5 leaving Rybarikova to serve for the set. I guess when you're 3-15 on the year, the mental breakdowns off of not converting big opportunities still get to ya. Tennis is a funky game like that. Thanks for playing, Rus.