Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

Wawrinka v Gasquet

Anyone know how Wawrinka has been playing? I remember in Rome he had troubles with a potential back injury

Damn odds on Gasquet just went down a few cents already with my agency to 1.99. People getting in early on Gasquet

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

opposite swing on my book, odds going up on gasquet.

hard match to handicap, but this is clearly the best clay opponent that gasquet has faced, let alone beat, this season. the same cannot be said about wawrinka, who has beaten berdych, murray, tsonga, and now janowicz. wawrinka is simply more proven on clay this year, but hes also had a lot more matches and retired from his last tournament, as you mentioned. he was also fairly lucky to sneak by tsonga and berdych, if you saw those matches.

these guys have such a similar style, i see gasquet more likely to fold when pressed.

should be great tennis. dont ruin it by betting?

samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

I like Wawrinka here, he is in good form and has the more aggressive game on clay. It will be a tight match, but over 5 sets my money is on Stan the man

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2474

Wawarinka will win IMO...Gasquet serving wasn't very good today..Davy had so many chances to break but he was pretty terrible..BOL

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wawrinka's only question coming in was a thigh tear. It has apparently healed enough that it does not hamper him. This seems to be about Gasquet's MAX at the French Open, to get to the 4th round ... this one isn't until Monday, but I can't imagine that Wawrinka's price doesn't drift out. Don't really see why you would want to back Gasquet here at all.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

gasquet will come out with home crowd and will want to break where he usually ends up. my bookies has raised the odds for gasquet which i see worth the risk at 2.13. i still think wawrinka is great when hes in the zone but once he breaks down its terrible, such as the aus open when he v novak, and reccently when he v tommy roberdo. will be a good match. im not saying gasquet has a stronger mentality imo. im just saying its worth a shot at those odds.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Avoid a side and just lay the juice on o3.5 sets. Won't have to worry about which player goes into nut-case mode.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    gasquet will come out with home crowd and will want to break where he usually ends up. my bookies has raised the odds for gasquet which i see worth the risk at 2.13. i still think wawrinka is great when hes in the zone but once he breaks down its terrible, such as the aus open when he v novak, and reccently when he v tommy roberdo. will be a good match. im not saying gasquet has a stronger mentality imo. im just saying its worth a shot at those odds.
    I think you overestimate a home crowd in this one. The French crowd IMO doesn't really get boisterous in their support of their home boys and if they did, they'd be more apt for a showman like Tsonga over Gasquet. The best they do is voice their displeasure for ones they do not like. IMO, Gasquet isn't long enough odds given how well Wawrinka has played on dirt the last month or so. No separation in rankings aside - based on their recent results and track records @ Roland Garros, I was expecting to pay at least -150 for Wawrinka.