MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Analysis on Errani .........Errani is the Ferrer of the WTA

I don't know about you guys but I love Errani's game. She has been so money for me this year. I've been pretty much backing her almost every match she's played over the last 3 months and she has made me some very nice profit. The only time I dont back her is when she goes up against one of the big three's(Serena,Azarenka,Sharapova), but vs anyone else on clay, she's a beast. She's been rolling everyone in straight sets too thus the set betting on her has been very successful.

Some people might feel uneasy about her serving but I'll tell you, she makes up for it twice fold with her stellar groundstrokes. Even with the slow serving, it's hard to break her because she's so mentally tough. She has incredible upper body strength for a woman her size and its evident in her physique. Nice speed to go along with it too. The only people she cant beat is the power game of the big three. I would even go out on a limb and say Errani is the fourth best player in the WTA right now, better than Radwanska in my opinion.

Errani is the Ferrer of the WTA. You can always count on her to be mentally strong and gives you 110%.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Tough match against Lisicki next though. Thats the kind of player that beats someone like Errani, she should be able to control most of the rallies so Errani better hope shes off!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by gators0708 View Post
    Tough match against Lisicki next though. Thats the kind of player that beats someone like Errani, she should be able to control most of the rallies so Errani better hope shes off!
    It will be a tough match but I'm still rolling with my girl Errani. All it takes is a break or two to send Lisicki into a free fall mentally. Even if Lisicki wins the first set, I know Errani will still give me 110%.....not the same for Lisicki.

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

cibulkova is the same way.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    cibulkova is the same way.
    Cibulkova might have a similar physique but no where near the complete game as Errani. I've noticed over the last several months that Errani has developed a Djokovic-like backhand. Been killing her opponents on the baseline rallies with that backhand.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

PED:s kid...

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Nice! I like the Ferrer comparison. Both are rank 5 and both will never be a top 3 player, or if that does happen it will be a sad day. They both don't really have any "weapons." Both are somewhat short as well compared to the other players. I liken them to gatekeepers separating the truly gifted from the scrubs. Errani is like a wall and it's funny watching her expose just how inconsistent some of the WTA players are when she draws the UEs.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    Nice! I like the Ferrer comparison. Both are rank 5 and both will never be a top 3 player, or if that does happen it will be a sad day. They both don't really have any "weapons." Both are somewhat short as well compared to the other players. I liken them to gatekeepers separating the truly gifted from the scrubs. Errani is like a wall and it's funny watching her expose just how inconsistent some of the WTA players are when she draws the UEs.

It was funny watching that match today. Putintsova tried to overpower her and got rejected back on every shot. Putinstova hits hard too, just couldnt get it past the Errani wall.

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

I actually hate Errani's game and I'd venture to say that her game is more similar to Gilles Simon. I could see the Ferrer comparison a few years back but Ferrer has improved so much with his serve and ability to actually hit winners. Errani has no such talent. She relies purely on her opponent making mistakes, which is identical to Simon.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with Snake on this one. I don't think anyone in WTA works 60% as hard/plays as much D as Ferrer does in a match. If anyone would be somewhat similar to Ferrer in the WTA, I would think Ag-Radwanska would be a more appropriate comparison than Errani.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Agree with Snake on this one. I don't think anyone in WTA works 60% as hard/plays as much D as Ferrer does in a match. If anyone would be somewhat similar to Ferrer in the WTA, I would think Ag-Radwanska would be a more appropriate comparison than Errani.
    This new 2013 Errani hits with more pace especially on the backhand side.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Agreed. C-Moon is a much better comparison. There's nothing wrong with that though, except the massive PED abuse going down...

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Crushed Lisicki , wasn't even close.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Told ya guys, this new Errani is better than Radwanska. Another straight sets winner. She's having a similar year to what Ferrer did in 2012. Unreal what this mighty mouse has been accomplishing this year.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Told ya guys, this new Errani is better than Radwanska. Another straight sets winner. Unreal what this mighty mouse has been accomplishing this year.
    I was actually gonna bring that post up! Hope you followed your own advice. She's better than ARad on clay, at least today anyway!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    I was actually gonna bring that post up! Hope you followed your own advice. She's better than ARad on clay, at least today anyway!
    Yep, sure have. Took her every match this tourney and also on the set line. She's been so money. Of course I'm not laying on her against any of the big three especially Serena. She's done more than enough for me this tourney.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Wauk-ee!!!