beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

French Future Discussion...

Odds have been up for a while, but does anyone see someone breaking through to a SF this year.Would it even be possible to arb out vs Nadal or Joker at insane prices to be sure that far in?

In no way am I betting anybody yet unlike the WTA. But here are a few that with the right draw could make a run.

Odds from 5 dimes..

Wawrinka 140-1
    Almagro 145-1

Also i guess that win over Novak has propelled Dimitrovs odds to drop to 95-1!!

Long shot from hell if gets his act in gear in Madrid could make the QF..Verdasco at 1000-1

Thoughts guys + gals..

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

I got a very good price from by bookie.

Bought it on April 18th

$600 on Nadal @2.4. This price cant be any better

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well figuring the fact that nadal is likely to be in the same quarter as djokovic or federer.. It does leave one quarter up for grabs, especially since ferrer is in bad form lately

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Great point Brian..

kenz

Only guy who can beat Nadal is Djokovic and he is more vulnerable than Nadal for an upset from an underdog

Djokovic has a bad ankle. Other than that Nadal vs Djokovic is always a very very tight match. But @2.4 for Nadal is way over market price, so I bought it

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Odds have been up for a while, but does anyone see someone breaking through to a SF this year.Would it even be possible to arb out vs Nadal or Joker at insane prices to be sure that far in?

In no way am I betting anybody yet unlike the WTA. But here are a few that with the right draw could make a run.

Odds from 5 dimes..

Wawrinka 140-1
    Almagro 145-1

Also i guess that win over Novak has propelled Dimitrovs odds to drop to 95-1!!

Long shot from hell if gets his act in gear in Madrid could make the QF..Verdasco at 1000-1

Thoughts guys + gals..
    Nadal cant lose to Wawrinka, Verdasco, Dimitrov, Murray, Federer, Almagro or anyone whose name is not Djokovic in Roland Garros

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think you understand the point of a future

kenz

I took a win French Open outright bet.

If the OP meant who will be in the Semi Final, it is a wide open question and one that I am not interested in. It all depends on the draw. Nadal can still be world number 4 with points here and Rome but I am pretty sure mathematically he cannot be 2 or 3. And for all the underdogs it is still about the draw and the matchups

If that was the discussion, sorry then...

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

The "discussion" (point) is hedging.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under utilized future to bet at Slams is picking a certain player to win their quarter.