beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

The hell with Lisicki...

Never seen a bigger waste of talent...Supposedly 2nd best serve in the Women's game..Bullshit..Lost to Halep of all people.Suck my hairy nutsack dammit..

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Yea penetrate her. She is a joke now.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Don't flame the person partly responsible for my first win in ages. <3

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Don't flame the person partly responsible for my first win in ages. <3
    Glad somebody won..

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

surprising loss; although I didn't bet on this match, I "started" Lisicki over Kirilenko on the SBR fantasy team lol.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I have to agree with you on this one Beef. Lisicki was once looked at with the potential to crack the top 10! She has SO much talent, but my gosh, has she fallen of the map it seems like!! I remember telling myself that a few months ago, maybe even more, and I saw her lose to a nobody and I said to myself "what the hell happ to Sabine Lisicki"???

But honestly Beef, that is the WTA for ya man. I know there are some guys on the ATP that absolutely waste their talent (Gulbis, Tomic, the list goes on....), but we see that WAY too often in the women's game. Way too often, way too inconsistent from week to week. Even month to month, for MOST, not all the women for sure. Also, that serve was heralded as Sarena-esque, wow......... that could not have turned out farther from the truth huh?? I saw some of her stats for serving, not impressive at all.

Tough loss man, get it back tomm!!! BOL.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Welcome to the club of people who hate Lisicki and don't bet on her. I haven't bet on her in damn near 2 years. I agree that she has a lot of talent but its like she doesn't care.

Michael_Flieger
    Michael_Flieger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Welcome to the club of people who hate Lisicki and don't bet on her. I haven't bet on her in damn near 2 years. I agree that she has a lot of talent but its like she doesn't care.
    No, it isn't like that at all. She fought very hard and was barely overcome at the very end of the match. There were a half dozen points she could have thrown in the towel easily and didn't. She's still coming back from injury, basically. It can take a long time. Look at Del Potro. It was my fault for not waiting a match to see how she would do. Cuz I bet if she got through the one today, she would have won the next couple rounds pretty easily. She couldn't quite do it. There's no greater meaning. Also not giving Halep enough credit. She has played poorly last few times, needed a rebound here, and did. Pretty similar to Peer a couple matches ago.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Flieger View Post
    No, it isn't like that at all. She fought very hard and was barely overcome at the very end of the match. There were a half dozen points she could have thrown in the towel easily and didn't. She's still coming back from injury, basically. It can take a long time. Look at Del Potro. It was my fault for not waiting a match to see how she would do. Cuz I bet if she got through the one today, she would have won the next couple rounds pretty easily. She couldn't quite do it. There's no greater meaning. Also not giving Halep enough credit. She has played poorly last few times, needed a rebound here, and did. Pretty similar to Peer a couple matches ago.
    Im not talking about her not caring about this match specifically. I'm talking about her overall. She's loses to a lot of inferior opponents that she should beat. You put her in Wimbledon and she becomes a different player. I totally question her desire.

Michael_Flieger
    Michael_Flieger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Im not talking about her not caring about this match specifically. I'm talking about her overall. She's loses to a lot of inferior opponents that she should beat. You put her in Wimbledon and she becomes a different player. I totally question her desire.
    This year she's lost to Azarenka, Wozniacki, Kirilenko in final, and Erakovic in final (she was exhausted, partly due to drug testing, retired after first set). Today, she came from behind repeatedly and came up just short. Not to badger it, but I don't see any evidence she's not motivated, at least not this year. I think she'll do well in tournaments ahead.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

2012 was a bad year for her. She had a losing record of 17-21 in singles. That was coming off a year of 48-18 and 2 titles in 2011. She lost to Flipkens (not real bad), Watson, Suarez-Navarro, U. Radwanksa, Parmentier, Mattek-Sands, Erakovic, Dominguez Lino, Benesova. She lost in her 1st match in something like 13 or so tournaments.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

She's got the talent to be a top 5 player but I doubt she'll put it together mentally for a very long time.

See this meltdown begin @ 16:45