PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11464

Gulbis

This guy is going to have a year.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree but if he faced Roger Federer If he wins tonight , U see he can beat him !!! Can not see that !!!

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Kid might.

Hardcoar

No, but I'll jizz all over Federer @ evens.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    No, but I'll jizz all over Federer @ evens.
    What do you think the line would be? It couldn't be better than -300 (1.33)?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's March. Two good weeks does not a season make. He's still got to prove he can stay motivated/consistent for an entire season. He's certainly done some good things with getting more serious about the game, etc. - but I'm not quite ready to say Gulbis is going to be some break out stud for the year because he won a 250 tourney and stayed hot through qualis and the 1st few rounds this week.

Best thing I can say is he has started beating players he always should beat. That is the the sign of a player who could be on the rise, if he consistently beats players who are at best equal to him. Seppi, Nieminen - those guys fall into that category to an extent. He's actually got better all-around game than both those mentioned, but all-around game without the mental/physical prep is what has gotten him in the past.

Let's see him stay solid and keep beating beatable guys through the clay season to the French and then I think he's got something going.

PharaohUB

i agree. he is no top 5. but is going to take care of business outside of that. going to be +ev guy this year. head is in it. JMO

PharaohUB

this next set win or lose will show he is mental fortitude

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    It's March. Two good weeks does not a season make. He's still got to prove he can stay motivated/consistent for an entire season. He's certainly done some good things with getting more serious about the game, etc. - but I'm not quite ready to say Gulbis is going to be some break out stud for the year because he won a 250 tourney and stayed hot through qualis and the 1st few rounds this week.

Best thing I can say is he has started beating players he always should beat. That is the the sign of a player who could be on the rise, if he consistently beats players who are at best equal to him. Seppi, Nieminen - those guys fall into that category to an extent. He's actually got better all-around game than both those mentioned, but all-around game without the mental/physical prep is what has gotten him in the past.

Let's see him stay solid and keep beating beatable guys through the clay season to the French and then I think he's got something going.
    Precisely.

You must be growing weary of rejecting "definitive" conclusions drawn from one instance, using elaborate, pragmatic, logical reasoning put into text.
    Personally I'm calling Melzer to win Wimbledon because he won a match the other day.

PharaohUB

this guys got some game

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not buying into the Gulbis hype. There's a reason why this dude is ranked #67. Temper tantrums like an adolescent and that sort of weak mental game which can crumble at any moment.....this will never get you within the top twenty.

So what if he won a rinky dink Delray tourney against another mental midget Querrey. Also take note that Gulbis has a very poor record in Grand Slams which means the guy has weak fitness and can't last on a four/five setter.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Precisely.

You must be growing weary of rejecting "definitive" conclusions drawn from one instance, using elaborate, pragmatic, logical reasoning put into text.
    Personally I'm calling Melzer to win Wimbledon because he won a match the other day.
    bla bla bla. its easy to hate on outside top 5 players. takes some balls to say it. think the guy is ready for a good year. i could be wrong, but eventually someone will step up. just like this guys attitude this year

PharaohUB

hanging with nadal, and nadal playing well. watch the match

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

People were saying the same thing about old man davydenko a while back....just one spurt of 'good tennis' doesn't mean all that much.

I still think the guy is way too mentally weak to perform at a high level consistently.

PharaohUB

im not calling him as next world number one. but maybe a tipsaravic 2012 type kind of year

PharaohUB

ill put up betpoints right now he will be top 20 by end of year even money. anyone want it? up to 200 pts ill post up

PharaohUB

thats what i thought

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    ill put up betpoints right now he will be top 20 by end of year even money. anyone want it? up to 200 pts ill post up
    I'll take you up on that. I've got quite a few points to spare.

He has to be ranked #20 or better by 12/31/2013.
    Points Awarded:

PharaohUB gave MagicDiceFlow 200 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PharaohUB

deal

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

deal
    You got it......it's a bet.

Good Luck Pharaoh

PharaohUB

to confirm is it by 12/31/2013 or ON 12/31/2013. big difference

PharaohUB

i believe i say "by" but if your assumption was on 12/31 i'm okay with that. your call

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

to confirm is it by 12/31/2013 or ON 12/31/2013. big difference
    If Gulbis achieves #20 ranking or better anytime before or on 12/31/2013, you win the bet.

PharaohUB

okay if that happens you owe 400 pts. my 200 pt stake plus the 200 pt return

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

okay if that happens you owe 400 pts. my 200 pt stake plus the 200 pt return
    That's correct.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i agree. he is no top 5. but is going to take care of business outside of that. going to be +ev guy this year. head is in it. JMO
    +1
    I rode that kid all the way to the bank, he made me some good cheese this year but yea top 10, prob not, but wasnt he ranked in the 75-100 range lol....kid clearly has more talent than a player like querry and look where he is ranked. this will be a great year for gulbis imo

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    What do you think the line would be? It couldn't be better than -300 (1.33)?
    Had he actually come through, I'm guessing about -200, at least after the market odds drift. Consider his performance and the fact that he beat Nadal, then make the odds.

bla bla bla. its easy to hate on outside top 5 players. takes some balls to say it. think the guy is ready for a good year. i could be wrong, but eventually someone will step up. just like this guys attitude this year
    I'm very impressed by him and he could well break the top 15 or even top 10 this year – if he can keep shit up.. The kid acts like a spoiled, childish bitch though. Actually, I absolutely agree with what you've said. I was poking fun at people who call matches after half a point in general, and Eagle in particular for his excessive effort sometimes. It was only to a very small extent directed at you, and not directly.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I'll take you up on that. I've got quite a few points to spare.

He has to be ranked #20 or better by 12/31/2013.
    Ouch.

Crash and burn, my friend.

What odds did you get on that? <3

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Just took out Murray