Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

My First Thread <3 – ATP and WTA picks

I figure I should try contributing something. At any rate it will be an interesting experiment.

My thread will feature mainly dogs, predominently match lines and some set betting. It's unlikely to include all bets I make but will only include bets I place myself. There will be no live bets for now.

Unit measurement will be in standard 1-10 format for understandability, but will only apply even numbers.

No 'crazy American' lines format. You'll just have to adjust to the outside world for once and learn the logical nature of decimal odds.

Simply put though, decimal odds specify total payout (stakes + winnings). Think of the decimal as a multiplier for your stakes:

Betting one unit at odds of 3.0 means the total payout is three times the initial stake (1 unit stake + 2 units profit), which would of course equal +200 in 'crazy American' odds. Betting one unit at odds of 1.5 means the total payout is one and a half time the initial stake (1 unit stake + .5 units profit) which would of course equal -200 in 'crazy American' odds. This causes evens to occur at odds of 2.0, which should (?) of course equal +-100 in 'crazy American' odds.

Please feel truly free to criticize and discuss! "Ask... and learn!", Or teach me a thing or two!

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 03-13-13 at 08:07 PM.

Hardcoar

Gulbis @ 4.5 6 units

With Pinnacle.
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 03-14-13 at 01:00 PM.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to see you finally opened your personal thread !!! I will now ask in your thread , not chatting with you at others threads LOL , Have a good luck man !!!

Hardcoar

Luck only matters so much, but in the short run no doubt.

Thank you!

Michael_Flieger
    Michael_Flieger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Luck only matters so much, but in the short run no doubt.

Thank you!
    Good luck, Hardcoar! Do you claim any particular expertise or focus?

Hardcoar

Expertise: Absolutely not. Logical thinking: Yes.

Focus: Elaborate please.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Help

@ Hardcoar - did Pinny asked any documents from you ?? I just joined and afraid they do not accept my arabic documents , also I contacted them and they told me they can not identify my documents but they said

" Note that your withdrawal options are Neteller, WebMoneys and Banks wire. Withdrawing funds through these payments DOES NOT require ID documentation. We hope that the matter is clarified now, and that it will not be raised again in the future. "

what should I do in your opinion ? I know it is not your thread idea , but sorry for that I should end this case

Michael_Flieger
    Michael_Flieger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Expertise: Absolutely not. Logical thinking: Yes.

Focus: Elaborate please.
    Like swiss on doubles. Any particular thing, like totals, or ML or games, or players you have a particular bead on.

Hardcoar

Contact them and solve everything before making any deposits. Make sure you suffer no restrictions on free withdrawals (one per calendar month by their rules) or your bankroll or risk anything. They are a serious company though for all I know so I would trust them if they made a promise. Just be sure to ask for confirmation if it's something important.

Start by asking them if you get free withdrawals without ID documentation, and what restrictions you suffer from it (lack of ID-documentation).

My exceptionally neutral and non-violent driver's license was all I had to provide them with IIRC, although I may have also uploaded a bank statement/utility bill. I'm not quite sure, as it was a long time ago. In fact I don't even know if they asked me for anything. Some bookies are more troublesome than others, but they could differentiate between different nationalities for sure. That's reality for you unfortunately...

Oh, and also I should warn you: DO NOT USE PINNACLE FOR PARLAYS. Parlays, while fun, are a bad idea in general, but Pinnacle have massive odds deductions when building parlays of any size. They have a 98 % payout on ML and set betting, however...

You might also want to check taxation laws and regulations for Egypt when betting outside the country.

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Flieger View Post
    Like swiss on doubles. Any particular thing, like totals, or ML or games, or players you have a particular bead on.
    Ah like a niche.

I never engage in doubles betting to be specific, and the rest is in my OP.

If you have any more questions about focus or otherwise after reading it, I'd be happy to answer them at that point!

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Contact them and solve everything before making any deposits. Make sure you suffer no restrictions on free withdrawals (one per calendar month by their rules) or your bankroll or risk anything. They are a serious company though for all I know so I would trust them if they made a promise. Just be sure to ask for confirmation if it's something important.

Start by asking them if you get free withdrawals without ID documentation, and what restrictions you suffer from it (lack of ID-documentation).

My exceptionally neutral and non-violent driver's license was all I had to provide them with IIRC, although I may have also uploaded a bank statement/utility bill. I'm not quite sure, as it was a long time ago. In fact I don't even know if they asked me for anything. Some bookies are more troublesome than others, but they could differentiate between different nationalities for sure. That's reality for you unfortunately...

Oh, and also I should warn you: DO NOT USE PINNACLE FOR PARLAYS. Parlays, while fun, are a bad idea in general, but Pinnacle have massive odds deductions when building parlays of any size. They have a 98 % payout on ML and set betting, however...

You might also want to check taxation laws and regulations for Egypt when betting outside the country.
    I do not make parlays at all !!! Iam on ML only at Tennis !!!

but this message means they will not ask me for documents !!! Iam sure you used CC or DC

" Note that your withdrawal options are Neteller, WebMoneys and Banks wire. Withdrawing funds through these payments DOES NOT require ID documentation. We hope that the matter is clarified now, and that it will not be raised again in the future. "

Hardcoar

I have nothing to add. Please for your own sake read what I wrote in my last post.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

I have nothing to add. Please for your own sake read what I wrote in my last post.
    Ok , I contacted them again !!! what method did you use to deposit ?

Hardcoar

Debit-card. No fees, but there may be a built in currency exchange rate charge by your bank or the card issuer (or both). No, actually – just the bank. Pinnacle is the one taking it in the ass from the card conglomerates.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Debit-card. No fees, but there may be a built in currency exchange rate charge by your bank or the card issuer (or both). No, actually – just the bank. Pinnacle is the one taking it in the ass from the card conglomerates.
    Ok cool , sorry about Gulbis !!! I wonder if you bet on +1,5 Gulbis @ 2.50 ... but anyway Good luck tomorrow specially with Federer against Nadal

Hardcoar

No I did not.

Where were those odds? Rofl...

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

No I did not.

Where were those odds? Rofl...
    10bet.com !!! anyway , I wanna ask for your opinion today for Nadal X Federer !!! Nadal said yesterday after the match that he is not in that strength to win Roger tonight but he will do his best !!!

Hardcoar

Nice odds in any case!

Doesn't Nadal always say he can't beat anyone? That statement doesn't mean much to me.

I'd give the slight edge to Federer and @ 1.85 I find value in him. Haven't decided on a bet yet, if I'll make any at all. I'm also considering Federer 1:st set if the odds appeal to me.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Nice odds in any case!

Doesn't Nadal always say he can't beat anyone? That statement doesn't mean much to me.

I'd give the slight edge to Federer and @ 1.85 I find value in him. Haven't decided on a bet yet, if I'll make any at all. I'm also considering Federer 1:st set if the odds appeal to me.
    If fed wins its because he wins firsts et in my opinion. He wont win a 3 setter in this match if nadal wins firsts et.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Nice odds in any case!

Same is here !!! Did not decide till now but thinking to take Roger Federer +1,5 Sets so if he wins any set , I hit it !!! @ 1.34

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    If fed wins its because he wins firsts et in my opinion. He wont win a 3 setter in this match if nadal wins firsts et.
    I agree that would be much less likely. However, I think he is quite a lot likelier than Nadal to win 1:st.

Federer takes first and third sets is my call.

Hardcoar

Gulbis @ 4.5 6 units

With Pinnacle.
    0-1
    -6 units
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 03-14-13 at 01:00 PM.

Hardcoar

Anderson @ 4.92 – 2 units
    Federer 1:st set @ 1.91 – 4 units

With Pinnacle.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

With Pinnacle.
    Why it is not better ??? I agree that If Roger lost his 1st set , getting back will be hard but still it means any set should be OK !!! I will search more since last meeting between them was in here in Indian wells 2012 and Rafa without Injury LOST 2-0 !!!

Hardcoar

That is correct.

(I believe) it is worse because there is less value in the odds.

Hardcoar

With Pinnacle.
    F-f-f-failure.

0-3
    -12 units.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

I do not know what is happening to Federer !!! I just watched the full match after my internet connection got back !!! horrible play !!! Hard Luck , Man

Hardcoar

After getting one hour of sleep the night before I went to bed at a somewhat reasonable time last night, so I was unable to watch the match.

Perhaps Federer's back troubled him.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

After getting one hour of sleep the night before I went to bed at a somewhat reasonable time last night, so I was unable to watch the match.

Perhaps Federer's back troubled him.
    My connection lost before the game starts with 9 hours or more so I did not bet !!! and I slept also but woke up when 1st set was 4-4 !!! so I did not bet and Iam praying because of that !!! I was going strongly @ 1,5+ sets for Roger but the GOD saved me !!! Thanks God

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOmar111 View Post
    My connection lost before the game starts with 9 hours or more so I did not bet !!! and I slept also but woke up when 1st set was 4-4 !!! so I did not bet and Iam praying because of that !!! I was going strongly @ 1,5+ sets for Roger but the GOD saved me !!! Thanks God
    LOL! You gotta be good to be lucky and lucky to be good.

Hardcoar

Tsonga to win first set @ 5.5 – 2 units

With Bet365.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Tsonga to win first set @ 5.5 – 2 units

With Bet365.
    You really are a gambling man BOL

Hardcoar

I am, but I don't mind as long as the bet isn't bad value, even though that's a matter of opinion as one may never know in the short run.

My reasoning is Tsonga can be really, really good, and it's hot as hell out there. Djokovic hasn't exactly been his usual gargoyle of stability in the last few matches either. In addition to which the odds are very high, of course.

Unfortunately, it appears Tsonga fails to impress tonight, while Djokovic looks like he is bashing noobs.
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 03-15-13 at 08:20 PM.

Hardcoar

Nadal @ 1.58 – 10 units
    Nadal 2-0 @ 2.47 – 8 units

With Pinnacle.

Hardcoar

Del Potro @ 2.87 – 6 units