Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

4 Player Parlay That Should Hit With Reasons

Berdych- gasquet struggles against good servers and berdych has been on fire and serving well. He is hitting plenty of winners and gasquet playing defense the whole time wont be able to help with how many winners berdych can hit. Also Gasquets serve is not very good. Courts will be dry and hot weather should help berd get hard serves for gasquet to return. Also BErdych has not even had to play a tie break except against federer recently and he still beat fed. Gasquet should not win today. BErd is on another level.

Anderson- He is such a beast on hard courts and wins a vast majority of the time. His serve has been deadly and is almost impossible to return when he gets his first serve in. Simon should of been out already. He's struggled holding serve and getting first serve in. Anderson can hit alot of winners during rallys since simon is so inconsistent. Simon struggled against paire and lorenzi while anderson recently beat ferrer and nieminen pretty easily. Anderson usually struggled against big servers such as berdych and isner but Simon is not a good server at all. Anderson should dominate and if it goes to a tiebreak I still like Anderson to win that with free points from serve.

FEDERER- has a 14-1 record against wawrinka and is just way better. Don't really need to say much he just always dominates him.

NADAL- Nadal has a 4-0 record against Gulbis. Both are on a good winning streak. Gulbis has been struggling though on this surface. Struggled against C harrison,Rochus and Seppi. While Nadal has plenty of rest with Mayer not playing.Nadal just is returning to form and Gulbis played a horrible match against seppi. Was leading 5-2 and still lost the set and just looked frustrated. He's going to need a miracle to beat nadal.

Best of luck in everybodies plays.

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

looking at H2H is such a nonsense. Nadal 4-0 H2H against gulbis? When were the matches played? 3 years ago? When nadal was on top of his play and gulbis like 100ish player? Gulbis is now in his best form ever in his life. Still I agree that nadal should win this.
    Federer-Wawa ...wawrinka beat a quite good playing hewitt (beat isner) in straights. Yes, fed should win but wawrinka is totally capable of pulling the upset. Fed is on decrease lately, lost to berdych and benneteau. Ain't the good old federer no more.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iam going with Federer already , If won I will pick Nadal !!! Good Luck Man

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Under @ 1.3!? :O

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Hawkins View Post
    looking at H2H is such a nonsense. Nadal 4-0 H2H against gulbis? When were the matches played? 3 years ago? When nadal was on top of his play and gulbis like 100ish player? Gulbis is now in his best form ever in his life. Still I agree that nadal should win this.
    Federer-Wawa ...wawrinka beat a quite good playing hewitt (beat isner) in straights. Yes, fed should win but wawrinka is totally capable of pulling the upset. Fed is on decrease lately, lost to berdych and benneteau. Ain't the good old federer no more.
    I disagree with head to head meaning nothing considering it's best how they play against somebody instead of other people. 14-1 for fed is pretty much dominating. Lol when Nadal was on top of his play? He is back to being a top player after his injury in my opinion. Considering he's yet to lose. I don't care if he's in his best form. He has struggled. He freaks out over stupid mistakes while Nadal is cool and collected. Gulbis has trouble having a consistent service game. He get's double faults and chokes at unexpected times. Also it's not a surprise that waw beat hewitt and hewitt beat a crappy player in isner who can only serve well and is horrible at other aspects of his game means nothing. Fed would of detroyed hewitt. Fed on the decrease? He managed to bagel novak djokovic last year on a hard court.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOmar111 View Post
    Iam going with Federer already , If won I will pick Nadal !!! Good Luck Man
    Thanks man best of luck to you too.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I'm close to pulling the trigger on Fed-Nadal-Berdych.... so i'm glad you're thinking the same.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Under @ 1.3!? :O
    477sport offer the line of Nadal @ 1.30 exactly !!! If I won Roger federrer bet , I will go with Nadal if the odds is Ok !!!

Hardcoar

I hope this statement doesn't collapse 'Biiiiiiiiiiiiis odds, but:

Nadal is the weak link of the chain according to me, but any one or all three could certainly lose. I frankly don't find it all that unlikely at all, but Berdych odds have the most value to me by far.

Anderson not included, obviously.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I like Simon... but other than that Berdych, Nadal, and Federer are all pretty reliable.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

, very flawed handicapping right there,

H2H is one of my important stats when capping tennis,you have to look at recent H2H matches (within a couple of years), of course you don't look at matches played 10 years ago

Good Luck with the parlay Demonata

Sam_Hawkins

Nadal lost to zeballos. on clay.
    Have you seen the hewitt match? Have you seen how he played? I don't think so, otherwise you wouldn't speak that way.
    "Fed on the decrease? He managed to bagel novak djokovic last year on a hard court." - please read what I wrote. New year -> new form, looking at year old stats is as irrelevant as looking on 3 years old h2h's. I said LATELY which means last month or so. He dropped a set to a 200ish player. That wouldn't happen to him year or two ago. He is still great, one of the top 5 definitely, he just aint that sharp anymore.

Btw, just tried to make my points pretty much agreeing with you telling what to be aware of and I got this offensive-mannered reply? Thank you very much, I thought you made this thread to see different points of view, not just for everyone else to totally agree with you.

Sam_Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    , very flawed handicapping right there,

H2H is one of my important stats when capping tennis,you have to look at recent H2H matches (within a couple of years), of course you don't look at matches played 10 years ago

Good Luck with the parlay Demonata
    matter of opinion but I would definitely say that matches played even last year have like 5-10 percent impact. Form is what is it about.

Demonata

Have you seen the hewitt match? Have you seen how he played? I don't think so, otherwise you wouldn't speak that way.
    "Fed on the decrease? He managed to bagel novak djokovic last year on a hard court." - please read what I wrote. New year -> new form, looking at year old stats is as irrelevant as looking on 3 years old h2h's. I said LATELY which means last month or so. He dropped a set to a 200ish player. That wouldn't happen to him year or two ago. He is still great, one of the top 5 definitely, he just aint that sharp anymore.

Btw, just tried to make my points pretty much agreeing with you telling what to be aware of and I got this offensive-mannered reply? Thank you very much, I thought you made this thread to see different points of view, not just for everyone else to totally agree with you.
    Fed has not changed from last year too much in my opinion.. Also was not that long ago. Yes I watched the Hewitt match. Hewitt is not that good. NAdal lost because he was getting his form back. Now that his form is back he wins most in 2 sets. I just disagree with your reasoning. I don't care if people agree or not just when i totally disagree with someone I let them know.

Demonata

matter of opinion but I would definitely say that matches played even last year have like 5-10 percent impact. Form is what is it about.
    So the fast that Fed is 14-1 against Wawrinka means little?

Hardcoar

What did you find so agressive? I don't see anything too bad.

You've got the right idea though – generally people want others to confirm their perception of things for reassurance – not the truth, or anything that contradicts said perception.

My input in all of this is that H2H certainly matters, but the current situation and circumstances matter (dare I say "far") more. The H2H being so one-sided is certainly nothing to be dismissed, however.

Wawrinka may be at a clear deficit, but in my opinion his chances have likely never been better, and @ 5 (+400 for you crazy Americans) seems pretty fair to me, with slight value on Wawrinka.

Edit: The reassuring version:

Federer won't lose. In fact, he'll win in straights with good spread coverage and Wawrinka should be more like @ 10 (+900 for you crazy Americans).

Sam_Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    exactly.

edit: which does not mean fed wil lose. Just sayin'

Hardcoar

I think such a decisively one-sided H2H means plenty.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    I think such a decisively one-sided H2H means plenty.
    Certain players just know their opponents game.

Example.
    why has Sharapova been so successful vs Stosur?

because Stosur kick serve is ineffective vs Sharapova, it goes directly into Maria hitting zone

Demonata

1 down 3 to go and also for the fed bet i just took him to win the first set because better value and most of the time he wins in straights against wawrinka anyway.

Hardcoar

Not to mention Federer usually comes out strong, while Wawrinka is erratic and can go either way (if he does compete well in the match).

Good choice if you want to bet Federer, IMO.

Personally I'd worry more about Nadal. You don't know with Nadal, and you never know with Gulbiiiiiiiiiiiis. : P

Hardcoar

Example.

because Stosur kick serve is ineffective vs Sharapova, it goes directly into Maria hitting zone
    Yup.

Just to make sure: You do realize what I said, don't you?

Sam_Hawkins

Example.

Of course, in this particular example. Also because sharapova is successful against prety much any other opponent (excluding only a few).

The point I am trying to make is that looking at H2H as it was something to base my opinion on is irrelevant particularly in those matches as nadal's injury means a milestone in his career (concerning not only his physical play but also affecting him mentally - I am sure he watches over his movement 100% more than before his injury and he is far from being at the same level as before the injury) while gulbis made his bigger appearance just lately, getting more solid and confident literally just within a few weeks, slowly climbing out of the "challenger player" frame. Just look at the odds - todays match started around 1.3 for nadal. 2010 roma nadal around 1.04 against gulbis.
    Similarly with wawrinka - federer. Wawrinka has been playing increasingly good since his epic appearance against djoker at AO. He lost at the beggining of the year against Bedene in straights...unthinkable now, right? Also, last match between those two (waw/fed) october 2012 shanghai, fed at 1.06...what was the starting prize today? Like 1.15?

Demonata

Of course, in this particular example. Also because sharapova is successful against prety much any other opponent (excluding only a few).

The point I am trying to make is that looking at H2H as it was something to base my opinion on is irrelevant particularly in those matches as nadal's injury means a milestone in his career (concerning not only his physical play but also affecting him mentally - I am sure he watches over his movement 100% more than before his injury and he is far from being at the same level as before the injury) while gulbis made his bigger appearance just lately, getting more solid and confident literally just within a few weeks, slowly climbing out of the "challenger player" frame. Just look at the odds - todays match started around 1.3 for nadal. 2010 roma nadal around 1.04 against gulbis.
    Similarly with wawrinka - federer. Wawrinka has been playing increasingly good since his epic appearance against djoker at AO. He lost at the beggining of the year against Bedene in straights...unthinkable now, right? Also, last match between those two (waw/fed) october 2012 shanghai, fed at 1.06...what was the starting prize today? Like 1.15?
    I got fed to take the first set in my parlay at -380.

Demonata

Letssssssssssss go berdychhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hardcoar

Let's go 'Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!

It is... too late... for me. :'(

Demonata

Need one more to hit it. Come on nadalllllllllllllllll

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

Need one more to hit it. Come on nadalllllllllllllllll
    i need nadal to win to close out a parlay too. hes making us sweat it out.

Hardcoar

At least if I lose my bet I can be happy on behalf of 95 % of the forum and its lovely favorites parlays. <3

Demonata

Hell ya Nadal wins. Congrats everybody that tailed me. Nice.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

very nice

Atleast Nadal was the last leg of that parlay...Can't imagine u'd wanna sweat out another match after that one

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

WooooooW , congrats Man !!! you got it !!! Iam happy for you and happy for me because I picked nadal to win but did not play it ( just in my mind ) and that gave me more power and experience !!! good luck and I think all the forum will go tomorrow with Federer against Nadal LOL

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    very nice

Atleast Nadal was the last leg of that parlay...Can't imagine u'd wanna sweat out another match after that one
    Thanks man. Yea was tough especially since it took so long to start. Tomorrow should be some more good tennis matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOmar111 View Post
    WooooooW , congrats Man !!! you got it !!! Iam happy for you and happy for me because I picked nadal to win but did not play it ( just in my mind ) and that gave me more power and experience !!! good luck and I think all the forum will go tomorrow with Federer against Nadal LOL
    HAHAHA yea thanks man. Yea tomorrow I think Fed should definitely be the favorite. I probably will be on Federer.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Thanks man. Yea was tough especially since it took so long to start. Tomorrow should be some more good tennis matches.

HAHAHA yea thanks man. Yea tomorrow I think Fed should definitely be the favorite. I probably will be on Federer.
    will not place a bet on Federer if his line under 1.40 !!!

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

wow u guys really like Fed against Nadal??

I'm all but ready to pound Nadal as an underdog in this spot.

12 Last