EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rafa

Give me a break. 6-0, 6-2 over Ferrer. Guy is maybe 80% and whipping the #4 player in the world. By the time Roland Garros rolls around, if he manages himself smartly - only Djokovic has a chance in my opinion.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

The king is back!!!

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Score line was more of a result of ferrers play then nadals IMO Ferrer had no chance mentally from the first point

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Ferrer never had a chance. He never got into the match at all. My boy got his ass straight kicked.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

No disrespect to Ferrer but he doesnt have no where near the firepower of any of the top 3. Just like what happened with Djoker, Ferrer's groundstrokes can't generate enough pace to bother any of the big boys. He's throwing darts out there compared to the top 3's cannon blasts on the forehand/backhands.

Rafa had an awesome tournament , no doubt ....but the true test is when he goes up against Djoker/Fed/Murray.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Federer has a prayer on clay. He's already struggling with consistency on his better surfaces. I also think in a best of five on dirt, Murray would need help via the injury or something to beat Rafa. Murray competes well on clay, but his technique is not great as far as positioning, etc. His sliding technique has been broken down quite a bit over the past few seasons. Where Djokovic & Nadal use the slide to get into position for the next shot, Murray finds himself sometimes taken out of longer rallies with a slight mis-step here or there.

I just think if Rafa's knee continue to improve, there's obviously two guys with the highest motivation @ RG. Rafa & Djokovic.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

A great match that explains how wrong people were to judge Rafa's condition after 1-2 tournaments.

Although even now its not certain how close he will get back to being himself, but we have seen enough to know its certainly a possibility. And yes Ferrer has a mental disadvantage based on the history of the two, but this match and the scoreline clearly tells you Rafa is going no where, atleast not on this surface.

And I agree with EP - looking at the tour, Djoker is really the only person who has a solid chance against Rafa at RG and other clay surfaces. And I seriously think if Nadal grabs the FO title again this year, he's going to get great confidence and be able to transition back into other surfaces.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Djoker and Rafa meet up in the finals, my money will be on Djoker. Rafa will most likely be a slight favorite over Djoker if they meet in the finals at the FO. I believe this will be Djoker's year that he finally grabs a title at the FO. He's gonna be prepared for Rafa this year on clay. Djokovic's movement has been the best I've seen of any player the last ten years possibly ever. Rafa will need much more than his heavy topspin groundstrokes to beat Djoker this year at the FO.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I think you make some good points.

I also think people are too quick to call RG and in particular, Nadal's future.

swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Give me a break. 6-0, 6-2 over Ferrer. Guy is maybe 80% and whipping the #4 player in the world. By the time Roland Garros rolls around, if he manages himself smartly - only Djokovic has a chance in my opinion.
    dont forget Berdych also!!!

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you saw Fognini match against David , and Nicolas Almagro match against Rafael , you will know easily that Rafa will win straight easily !!! I hate myself because I did not bet !!

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i would not bet against rafa in the french. he will want that major BAD

baylis_27
    baylis_27's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't see Djokovic stopping Rafa in that kind of mood, my money's on him for the French

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

Quote Originally Posted by swissbank007 View Post
    dont forget Berdych also!!!
    He just chokes too much. He won against Fed, but he isn't what he used to be physically and mentally.