Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Fade Ryan Harrison for 2013 Project - Dmoneytx

The point of this thread is to FADE Ryan Harrison for the remainder of the 2013 tennis year. I am FIRMLY convinced that Ryan Harrison is turning into the new Donald Young, guy can't win a match consistently to save his life. I SHOULD have started this a few weeks ago when I had the idea.

The reason I think this will be a lucrative project, is because Harrison will continue to be high valued based on name recognition alone. He is an average player, now ranked around 75, with a sometimes really good serve. Other than that, he gets very impatient in the rallies & his mental game is falling to pieces. I want to try to capture the value on his opponents before the books catch on & adjust his lines (which they will do soon enough).

The plan is simple, EVERY single match that Harrison plays for the remainder of 2013, I will play 0.5 units ($50) on his opponent on the money line. There is NO way that Ryan will have a successful year and win more matches than he loses & with his bullcrap name recognition and his lines being high, the value on his opponents will be decent to good to really good.

The way I figure it, when Ryan is favored around -250 range, those matches are almost coin flips! So getting his opponent at +200 range at a coin flip is a great value. The matches where he is valued at -110 or almost even with his opponent, actually means that his OPPONENT should be the one at -200 or more range! This means we get his opponent in that situation at a coin flip when he should be a decent favorite. Either way, this SHOULD be a money maker for the rest of 2013.

I value anybodys input on this project, as I always do, and if anyone decides to tail, I wish us both or all of us the Best of Luck!!! VAMOS!!!
    Points Awarded:

MasterBet gave Dmoneytx 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dmoneytx

I just want ev1 to know, that this record and plays in this thread are not linked with my other big thread. I will post my plays to fade Harrison on this thread and I will keep a running accurate record, like in my other thread, every time he plays a match. BOL ev1!!!

MasterBet
    Tennis betting are exhausting
    MasterBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

lets kill this beach lol

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBet View Post
    lets kill this beach lol

Glad to have you on board MB!!! It's only $50 a match, but I bet my record is up around 300 to 400 by the end of the year, maybe even more when he chokes that big match at -500 or -600, LOL!!!

MasterBet
    Tennis betting are exhausting
    MasterBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

Say ... possible add more losers to the Project?

RapaQues
    RapaQues's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

All Portuguese players;
    All USA female players except the Williams;
    Brydan Klein;
    Michael Russell;
    Donald Young;
    Alex Bogomolov Jr.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Donald young is the worst I have seen. Ryan Harrison should be good fade material too. Good Luck.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I used to really like Harrison. Now the guy is just atrocious tho. This is the same guy that said he had a good chance to beat Djokovic in the Aussie Open . I'm gonna keep starting him on my fantasy team to help ya out.

Dmoneytx

Rapa listed a few more players. I don't mind fading some of the guys that lose consistently, but what I WAS looking for with this thread is that we need to find players that really are NOT that good & get tremendous name recognition to boost their lines really higher than what they should be.
    For example, fading Bogo is prob a good idea for the rest of 2013, but you will usually see his matches at -130's or he is a slight dog. Harrison will CONTINUE to get love, not sure why now, and his lines will be seriously inflated just bec of his crappy name.

If we can find ANY players that fit that criteria, I WANT to add them to this thread!!!!

Help me out ya'll, this could end up being a great money maker on the punks that get high chalked and freaking lose on a regular basis anyways. Thx ev1!!!

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Donald young is the worst I have seen. Ryan Harrison should be good fade material too. Good Luck.
    Thanks D! Hey man, where's ya new cell??? Hit me up when u get it working, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    I used to really like Harrison. Now the guy is just atrocious tho. This is the same guy that said he had a good chance to beat Djokovic in the Aussie Open . I'm gonna keep starting him on my fantasy team to help ya out.
    I remember that Herd, what a laughing stock that statement would be now. If Harrison played Novak now in a major, Novak prob -1500 or more, LOL!!!
    Thanks for keeping him on your team for me, it will only help this thread out

RapaQues

Gilles Mugller in any challenger.

I have no idea how he did well in the last atp tourney. He is super bad. Lost today in SS against Axel Michon, lol. On indoor.

Was the letdown match and it will continue. Any rally he hits the let.

Dmoneytx

I will start checking the lines on Muller. The big server from Luxombourg is VERY VERY streaky. I have seen him play hot before when he serves huge, but his rallies on average are terrible! The serve is the only thing that keeps him in matches. If his serve is off, he can lose to anyone!

Good thought Rapa!

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Vamos!!!

swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jonathan Eyserric!!!! the biggest bump of tennis this last few years....he was supposed to be the next Federer!!! the big hope of french tennis!!!he had a few millions euros of endorsement when younger and since then he has never done anything!!!!a complete joke!!!

RapaQues

Mattew Ebden ( Bad Moment )
    David Goffin ( Bad Moment )
    Alejandro Falla ( Has awful matches )
    Marinko Matosevic ( Has awful matches sometimes )
    Matteo Viola ( Against any big server )
    Dustin Brown ( Against any solid player )
    Andrej Martin
    Jesse Huta Galung
    Benoit Paire ( In any non important tournament, depending on opponent too )
    Eva Birmerova ( Has quite an awful serve. Betting on her to get broken is gold most of the times )
    Irina-Camelia Begu ( Dunno if she is just bad or in an awful form, probably both )
    Mathilde Johansson

I love fading many of those players

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do not forget Sam Querrey , he is bad this days so I think I will fade him in 2013 too !!!

Dmoneytx

Can't wait until I put my first $50 bet down against Harrison.....

Dmoneytx

Ok, well here we go. I am not necessarily recommending that people tail this thread religiously. I do expect to be a winner by the end of Dec 2013, but each match I am blindly throwing $50 on Harrison's opponent. I am SO mad at his game & demeanor on the court, I am fading him for EVERY match (doesn't matter who he plays) until the year is over.
    So tail if you want, but I am not researching any players in this thread like I do in my BIG thread. It is real money for me, but 50 isn't much & I honestly think by the end of this year, this thread will be in the positive.
    BOL!!!

Dmoneytx

Play #1

Soeda ML +160

Total = +160
    0.5u / 0.8u

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Here we go!! Is he the next Donald Young or can he snap the streak 2night?!?!?

Dmoneytx

He might win tonight. But I think by the end of 2013, his record from here will be around 10-15. No way he ends up over .500 on the year. I just don't see it happening, no way. Go Soeda!!!

Dmoneytx

Wait, I meant GO Soeda! But his name is Actually Go Soeda!! LMAO!!! To me, that was funny as hell. Haha...

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

I saw him play in Delray and saw his name on the scoreboard and it had me thinking about that hahah! Go Go Soeda!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was thinking taking Soeda with ya Dmoney but man.....I cant do it. Even though Harrison has been straight up putrid, Soeda just doesnt have enough weapons to beat Harrison. The books might be on the money on this one. That line looks very tempting but I think the books might be on the sharper side on this match.

Good luck though.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Threw a 20 spot on the Japman to keep me entertain while I look at Friday card

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Wait, I meant GO Soeda! But his name is Actually Go Soeda!! LMAO!!! To me, that was funny as hell. Haha...

Clown Shoes
    Clown Shoes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

When is this match taking place? Whats the delay?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I was thinking taking Soeda with ya Dmoney but man.....I cant do it. Even though Harrison has been straight up putrid, Soeda just doesnt have enough weapons to beat Harrison. The books might be on the money on this one. That line looks very tempting but I think the books might be on the sharper side on this match.

Good luck though.
    You only really need one weapon to beat Harrison right now on most days, a brain.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I knew Harrison was due for a breakout match. Soeda has absolutely nothing for him....up 5-0.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    You only really need one weapon to beat Harrison right now on most days, a brain.
    True but sometimes his occasional "flashes of brilliance" comes through. I just think Soeda and the heavy home crowd is the perfect spot for him to get it going again. I put a few units on Harrison -1.5 sets +130

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't/didn't play Soeda ... but I wouldn't count out Harrison from absolutely blowing this after winning 6-0 in the 1st LoL.Other than being American, the crowd I don't think really gives a penetrate about Harrison. He's personable enough in interviews, but his on-court play/tantrums really don't see to jive with pumping the crowd up as of yet IMO.

MrGambler
    MrGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

GO SOEDA....U CAN DO IT!!!!

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I wouldn't/didn't play Soeda ... but I wouldn't count out Harrison from absolutely blowing this after winning 6-0 in the 1st LoL.Other than being American, the crowd I don't think really gives a penetrate about Harrison. He's personable enough in interviews, but his on-court play/tantrums really don't see to jive with pumping the crowd up as of yet IMO.
    You fail to understand just how much Americans think they love America.

USA! USA! USA!

bigdrov1x
    bigdrov1x's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Are you going to lay whatever it is to take Nadal vs Harrison? That would take some balls, but the only reason Nadal would lose is if he had another injury. I could not take that chance, but its probably free money. My favorite fade is to wait until Wozniacki faces anybody decent with any game. I just cannot stand Wozniackis game, I think she is horrible. She is like a Radwanska, but without the brains. Anybody that hits with any power, can crush her. Anyways, that is my take.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

The -5 on Nadal seems like a decent spread. It seems razor sharp with a 6-4, 6-3 very likely but I just can't back Harrison here. Even if the first somehow finishes 7-5, I could easily see a 6-2 close.

12 Last