CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maria Sharapova X Serena Williams , Any Picks ?

Hello Guys . Tomorrow in the WTA Doha Qatar 2013 , Maria Sharapova will play against Serena Williams . Serena Odds are just 1.30 and Maria Odds are 3.40 at Bet365 lines ..

What do you think about this game ?? since both are not well lately !

I planned to pick Maria Sharapova with $10 stake ( Return : $34 ) . But Iam not sure !

mtc44380
    mtc44380's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 466

Sharapova has never played Williams well, even though the odds are good for Maria, I dont see her winning! HOWEVER, with that said, I wouldnt stake 25 for 10 on Williams either. If I had to place a small wager, I would place it on both dogs, Sharapova and Radwanska and hope for one of them to pull the upset.
    I do see a Williams v. Azarenka final though. IMHO.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Quote Originally Posted by mtc44380 View Post
    Sharapova has never played Williams well, even though the odds are good for Maria, I dont see her winning! HOWEVER, with that said, I wouldnt stake 25 for 10 on Williams either. If I had to place a small wager, I would place it on both dogs, Sharapova and Radwanska and hope for one of them to pull the upset.
    I do see a Williams v. Azarenka final though. IMHO.
    Well , iam going to bet on Azarenka to win its game but Serena today lost the 1st set while she was plying against Petra Kvitova . that is why iam worried . Also Roger Federrer odds were 1.06 today but he lost the game easily , odds are not the guide for my bets at all ... but what i see that Serena is bad and Maria is better ... !!!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

If Serena plays like she did today then Pova has a great chance.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    If Serena plays like she did today then Pova has a great chance.
    I agree with you and that is why Iam confused about my bet .

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sharapova has a mental block when it comes to Serena and if she can't beat a less than 100% & emotionally spent/aging Serena now, she won't beat her again before she retires. Serena is #1 again and she broke down getting the win and the ranking. She's got the bum ankle still bothering her some and a head cold. Sounds like she should just get absolutely crushed, right?

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

better sit this one out

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

If you wanna take Sharapova maybe a live bet in the first set would be safer. If Serena's serve is on oh boy.

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    If you wanna take Sharapova maybe a live bet in the first set would be safer. If Serena's serve is on oh boy.
    I didn't watch her match against Stosur, but I did watch her against Zakapalova. She didn't play that great. She gave bunch of games away because of double faults and unforced errors.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Don't bet against the streak.

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

def a live-bet action. If serena plays like against kvitova, she will lose. If she plays like she can play, pova will get crushed. Imo serena is now relieved, cos even though she claimed how she doesn't care about the no1 ranking, I guess it was the main reason why she struggled her last match.

swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would stay away from that game!!!!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Small bet on Pova

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

serena is a natural at serving, takes her zero effort/concentration. pova naturally struggles serving and against serena the pressure is amplified. serena will get many cracks at second serves.

swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    serena is a natural at serving, takes her zero effort/concentration. pova naturally struggles serving and against serena the pressure is amplified. serena will get many cracks at second serves.
    thats a good analyse!!!!....i think serena will win feeling relieved getting number one yesterday night or maybe she will be "flat" from yesterday night which was tough on her physiquely and mentaly....once again, i wd stay away from that match!!!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Pova just can't get it done

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

does anyone think serena looked a bit sluggish despite a win?

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

she looked engaged and healthy to me. i watched the entire match and didn't feel that she was sluggish at all. perhaps you saw something i didn't? i'm going to be back her in straight sets against aza-brat.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mental blocks aren't easy to overcome. Sharapova won't beat Serena before Serena retires, she just doesn't have the game to match physically or mentally. That's what makes Serena better on 99% of the days in WTA, from a mental aspect - a lot of these broads come into the match thinking that they'll be lucky if its close. I think Sloane Stephens might be one of the few who actually thought she had a chance and still needed some help from Serena breaking down physically some. Most of the other chicks if they haven't consistently been competitive against her, they might as well start off 0-2 when they step on the court. Azarenka should have some confidence, but she's so flighty that I think despite the confidence she should have ... she negates it with her own negativity.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by mtc44380 View Post
    Sharapova has never played Williams well, .
    Never? I guess you didn't watch the '04 Wimbledon final or the '04 Tour championship final when Sharipova destroyed Serena. You must have also missed their great '05 Australian Open semi. No doubt, she's been dominated by Serena since, with their last 5 matches not even competitive, but to say she's NEVER played her well is just silly. That '04 Wimbledon final was one that I'll always remember, as she played amazing tennis that day, and just destroyed Williams.

I'll grant you that 8.5 year old matches mean nothing when discussing their matches now, but you should be more accurate and say Sharipova hasn't played Williams well in a long time.