swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is the biggest mistakes to avoid when betting on tennis?

personally is to bet too many units on one game. i think 3 units should be the max.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Rankings, dont put to much stock into them, the ranking system is flawed.

Money management is always key in sports betting

swissbank007

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Rankings, dont put to much stock into them, the ranking system is flawed.

Money management is always key in sports betting
    i disagree with you with the ranking system but i agree 100% with the bankroll management!!

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

as well as betting on any other sports - the most crutial think is discipline. If you lose, get on with it, don't try to chase back.

swissbank007

also never bet on Benoit Paire to win the match when he is leading 6-0 5-0 40/0!!!....its too dangerous!!!

swissbank007

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Hawkins View Post
    as well as betting on any other sports - the most crutial think is discipline. If you lose, get on with it, don't try to chase back.
    yes...can say the same with poker!!

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

Quote Originally Posted by swissbank007 View Post
    i disagree with you with the ranking system but i agree 100% with the bankroll management!!
    It is flawed. Kerber, Kvitova, and Stosur are in top 10, but this year they played like they don't belong in there.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

well, don't bet on huge favorites on women's matches and to some extent, it is true for men as well.
    you will get ****** over time and time again

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Here's a thread I started 2 1/2 years ago with tips for new tennis bettors which had a lot of amazing contributions from fellow posters who do this for a living. All of the info is still absolutely relevant but beware it's a bit of a lengthy read. Also point #2 involves a bit of basic maths but if you're not familiar with what I'm talking about when I mention the implied probability of odds then do a search for a thread by a poster named Ganchrow as he explains it wonderfully or send me a PM and I'll explain it to you tomorrow when I log on again (my time). GL everyone

swissbank007

Quote Originally Posted by gaebiskon View Post
    well, don't bet on huge favorites on women's matches and to some extent, it is true for men as well.
    you will get ****** over time and time again
    it depends on the players....for example Azarenka is pretty safe in my opinion....Sharapova less!!

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    It is flawed. Kerber, Kvitova, and Stosur are in top 10, but this year they played like they don't belong in there.
    That could well be, but what we can conclude is that it's delayed, and that a lot of players are inconsistent.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

small tournaments with low prize money, sometimes some expensive players don't care

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing i must avoid while betting on Tennis , is the ( Points winner ) such as in Bet365 . you get options to bet on who will win the next point so if a Player made double faults , you lose your money easily ...

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

betting the top players a week before a grand slam event, avoid them like the plague, most of the time they are tanking

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by swissbank007 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis...2691--ten.html

Another reason why ranking in tennis is not relevant.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

What is the biggest mistake to avoid when betting on tennis?

Unlike other sports, beating closing line, line movement, dropping odds don't mean a thing in tennis specially in small tournaments. Don't give too much credit on line movement.

Another critical mistake is, betting too much money on short favourites. Since heavy favourites don't pay big, (low odds) people bet BIG amounts in order to get a decent payoff. According to betting public, Star Players like Serena, Federer, Djokovic are unbeatable. They're immportal. However, upsets/surprises happen. Remember how Rosol stunned Nadal in Wimbledon? In football, your rightwing player may have a good day but your star midfield player can save your ass. Same goes for basket, hockey, handball, volleyball too. However, There's only 1 player in tennis (Singles). You're on your own. If you're not a good day, then you're fukked up. Noone will cover your ass, you're on your own. It makes tennis betting a different animal then other team-sports.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gaebiskon

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Unlike other sports, beating closing line, line movement, dropping odds don't mean a thing in tennis specially in small tournaments. Don't give too much credit on line movement.

How so?