swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Jose: Karlovic-johnson. karlovic at (1.83). surprising no?Am missing something?

i cant believe Karlovic is at (1.83)...for me he is the BIG(like his serve) favorite..but maybe its because i dont like too much Johnson(not the person of course but his play)..i dont think he is that good of a player..he was great at NCAA tennis but not the level for pro tennis.....i feel like putting good money on Karlovic....any inside on this one???Am missing something? maybe jetlag for karlovic? San Jose has a quick surface no??

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

karlovic dirty player and for this year played too many dirty games and because 1.83

MasterBet
    Tennis betting are exhausting
    MasterBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

What you mean when you say dirty?

swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Djoking View Post
    karlovic dirty player and for this year played too many dirty games and because 1.83
    not in Zagreb last week!!! and played well in San Jose the last 2 years...plus its indoor.....karlovic all the way in my opinion!!!

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely going with karlovic, too. He gives serve away over his dead body, almost impossible to break! Defeated Dimitrov a few days ago as well.

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Karlovic I. (155) - Johnson S.(154) =)

wjwskill
    wjwskill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't see big Ivo struggling here, serve should be too much

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Problem is, a guy like him can lose 7:6 7:6 to anybody. He can also win by the same score against almost anybody, therefore he presents good value when he's a substantial dog, but not otherwise.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Hawkins View Post
    almost impossible to break!
    And its also more impossible for him to break others.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

The problem with Karlovic is the later parts of the match. If the match goes to a 3 setter, his first serve percentage drops big time. If you get him to hit a second serve, you pretty much got the point won because he cant hit more than 3 to 4 shot rally.....his groundstrokes are probably the worst of anyone in the top 100.

With that being said, I dont think Johnson has the return skills to compete.