MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't get fooled into taking Bartoli today ......BARTHEL is the better player

Don't let Bartoli's higher ranking and that enticing line fool you today. The book's are overvaluing her ranking and the home crowd. I don't believe this will be enough to beat Barthel. Public burial in the works with Bartoli's marquee name....I like Barthel in this spot. If Barthel shows up with the same form she's played the last few days, Bartoli won't have an answer for her. Barthel is a shot maker and her pace on shots severely limits Bartoli's movement. It matches up with Bartoli's game very nicely.

In addition , I have a nice 4 team parlay pending with Barthel as the last leg. My money is on the German today.

Ticket # Accepted Type Risk To Win Short Description
    2/1/2013 1:04AM Parlay 200.00 1,226.63 Tennis - 4754 S. Cirstea -200 for Game/WIN
    Tennis - 4756 M. Kirilenko -175 for Game/WIN
    Tennis - 4849 S. Errani -210 for Game/WIN
    Tennis - 4853 M. Barthel +105 for Game/PENDING

Good Luck Everyone

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Line on Bartoli moved from -163 to -120!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

^^^^^^Yep, sharp bettors know who the value is on this one ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    Line on Bartoli moved from -163 to -120!
    Late surge of money coming in ........Barthel is the favorite -115 at Heritage & pinnacle now.....lol.

ohumad

Two set points two double faults for Bartoli lmao

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    Two set points two double faults for Bartoli lmao

that's a game.. in wta stuff like that means u will lose the next set 6 to 0,1 or 2... gg

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Barthel had Bartoli running ragged that whole set. Bartoli was lucky to keep it close with a tie break.

Nevertheless, Barthel takes the first set.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

i wish i waited on taking her, but i just followed my friend who said take her. fak.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

fuk me

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Was gonna take Barthel but when the odds had gone down I thought it was a lure.. Oops...

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Straight sets winner winner fellas!!!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Tmuston Beltics View Post
    Was gonna take Barthel but when the odds had gone down I thought it was a lure.. Oops...
    Please ignore line movement in tennis. It only takes a relatively small amount of money to move lines in tourneys like this. And in Slams you have wackadoos who are betting their houses because Federer is the best of all time and won't lose to Murray or Djoko can't possibly win 3 titles in a row since no one ever has in the Open Era. There are so many tennis matches on any given day that books aren't trying to trap you into anything... they can barely set proper lines half the time. And if you bet it for awhile you'll see crazy line fluctuations that make no sense. I can't remember the match during the Aus Open but I think it was Fed/Murray and people were getting 40 cent differences in their bets if they placed them 5 minutes later. But then 5 minutes after that, the lines went back to where they were and continued to bounce. Tennis isn't like US sports where line movement or chasing steam can help... the only time I'd say it *might* is in Challengers if there's an obvious fix. But even within the 4 years I've been on here books are quick to cancel those bets or at least halt betting. Just remember, you can make a $500 bet because you like a chick's ass and move the line everywhere on any given day if no one else has paid attention to that match.

Great job MDF- love Barthel and it's always awesome to see Bartoli pay out. A bit of consolation for all the times I bet on her a few years ago and she just bounced her sweaty ass into yet another loss. I'll do a dance when she's finally out of the top 20.

ohumad

Nice hit MDF! I was actually on Bartoli. Disappointing to see how ineffective her one dimensional game is against someone who can run the court and mix it up.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Please ignore line movement in tennis. It only takes a relatively small amount of money to move lines in tourneys like this. And in Slams you have wackadoos who are betting their houses because Federer is the best of all time and won't lose to Murray or Djoko can't possibly win 3 titles in a row since no one ever has in the Open Era. There are so many tennis matches on any given day that books aren't trying to trap you into anything... they can barely set proper lines half the time. And if you bet it for awhile you'll see crazy line fluctuations that make no sense. I can't remember the match during the Aus Open but I think it was Fed/Murray and people were getting 40 cent differences in their bets if they placed them 5 minutes later. But then 5 minutes after that, the lines went back to where they were and continued to bounce. Tennis isn't like US sports where line movement or chasing steam can help... the only time I'd say it *might* is in Challengers if there's an obvious fix. But even within the 4 years I've been on here books are quick to cancel those bets or at least halt betting. Just remember, you can make a $500 bet because you like a chick's ass and move the line everywhere on any given day if no one else has paid attention to that match.

Great job MDF- love Barthel and it's always awesome to see Bartoli pay out. A bit of consolation for all the times I bet on her a few years ago and she just bounced her sweaty ass into yet another loss. I'll do a dance when she's finally out of the top 20.
    Shari is correct. I think Bartoli is vastly overrated. She's cute to look at but all that sweaty ass jumping around amounts to little.

I'll also add that in the WTA, quite a few public bettors will move the line on marquee names just because of their looks. You'd be surprised but I've seen it happen with players like Cirstea, Kirilenko, etc.....sweetheart favorites. Pick your spots and you can gain a good advantage on a public line like today.

Barthel may not be the best looking of players but she's got mad skills on the court which is all I care about. She has a potent serve and excellent shot making abilities. I can see her making the top 15 within a year.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

nice

can i trust her vs MLADENOVIC, ML under -250

or Barthel beats her 2-1 set betting is +260

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    nice

can i trust her vs MLADENOVIC, ML under -250

or Barthel beats her 2-1 set betting is +260
    I'm taking Barthel also tomorrow against Mladenovic. Mlad is playing decent but I think Barthel is in a nice form groove right now.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

I'm taking a stab at the set betting 2-1 win for Barthel +260, half unit only

GL