tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

am i the only one on azarenka tonight?

the world seems to be on Li, as well as the AO crowd in Laver tonight.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big tips in favor of Li @ T.I. Could work in your favor with their record of jinxes on short dogs. I have no opinion on the winner, think it's a toss up. If Li plays another ball busting match like Sharapova match, she deserves to win - but I think both will work hard to win.

tevari

I think Li is having an incredible run - I didn't expect her to make it past Ag-Rad. She's obviously rolling into the final with a tremendous amount of momentum and confidence ...but I've always known her to be an absolute flake in big spots. I think Azarenka plays the better match and takes the trophy. We'll see.

tevari

Great, the line is sinking fast now. She opened up at -145, down to -140, and now sitting at minus a quarter at the greek.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    I think Li is having an incredible run - I didn't expect her to make it past Ag-Rad. She's obviously rolling into the final with a tremendous amount of momentum and confidence ...but I've always known her to be an absolute flake in big spots. I think Azarenka plays the better match and takes the trophy. We'll see.
    exactly my thoughts, i thought a-rad was gonna be in a final
    will be interesting to see how li handles the pressure now that she's got a gs in her pockets and from what ive seen, azarenka's feeling the pressure as well so its gonna come down to who can hold their nerves better

however, i believe azarenka is more consistent of the two(though li seems to be a better shotmaker) and being a good mover, she wont make as many mistakes as sharapova did

imzdeals
    imzdeals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 410

line moves in tennis don't mean much. I'm all over aza -130.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

The "old" Li NA your refering to Had her husband as her coach. That couldnt have been good for the relashionship. She probably had her mind elsewhere for most her matches. Now she has a new coach, im sure theres more of tennis then there is arguments. I see her being more consisant in the future.

tevari

The biggest reason why I'm backing Azarenka is this match is that her defense and in particular, her movement are CLASSES above Sharapova's. Li can hang hit the other big-hitters off the court with her own firepower, but against someone who can play great D and hit winners at any time....I think she'll struggle. BOL to whoever has a play on this match tonight.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Bol to u as well man. Ill probably have a small play on LI NA, but tis should be a very close match

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Definitely see the logic behind backing Li after she spanked Sharapova (recent form), plus she's the crowd favourite which will have an effect on the already fragile psyche of Vika. Vika is still the better player and I will take her. I saw a poll on a tennis forum and 70% think Li will win. Seems like more are on Li here as well. Either way excited for how this will play out!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

All it will take is a few hecklers in the crowd to harass Azarenka and I can see her repeating the last match melt down period again this time.

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Great, the line is sinking fast now. She opened up at -145, down to -140, and now sitting at minus a quarter at the greek.
    still sinking... That many people really on Li here?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by nikossf View Post
    still sinking... That many people really on Li here?
    I think a lot of people are betting with their hearts and/or dislike for Aza after the last match. Plus Li's win over Sharapova. Don't pay attention to line movement in tennis, especially for finals. Everyone becomes a tennis betting expert even if they've only watched 2 matches before this.

tevari - if I bet cash on finals, I'd be on Aza too. GL!!

nikossf

Ohh superwomen!! Always better when you explain...haha..

Yea,..these movements before the last few matches have been wild.. nothing to watch compared to a NCAAB game.. hahaha..

nikossf

and Tevari,..ur not the only 1 buddy.. Im right there with ya... Lets cash!!

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Also on Vika. GL buddy.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

$10 each on Li Na to win the Set 1 / Set 2 tiebreak. +1350 odds on each. Just a little fun on what should be a close match. Don't really care who wins.

tevari

Honestly lucky that I won this wager. Saved by a couple rolled ankles and fireworks. I thought Li played the better match. Oh well, win is a win.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Both played terribly to be honest.

tevari

oh, absolutely. But from an entertainment standpoint, it was pretty good to watch

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

oh, absolutely. But from an entertainment standpoint, it was pretty good to watch
    Indeed.

Hopefully Murray wins tomorrow (doubtful).