Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Anyone else think Azarenka medical timeouts were wrong?

When asked why she needed 2 back to back medical timeouts at a critical stage of the match she basically said she was choking and falling apart mentally.

How is it fair that she gets almost 15 minutes to recover as a medical timeout?

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

I think it was a head game...and Sloan fell for it...broke her whole momentum...nice move Aza

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Just lost any respect for her with that display, weak sauce Vika!

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    When asked why she needed 2 back to back medical timeouts at a critical stage of the match she basically said she was choking and falling apart mentally.

How is it fair that she gets almost 15 minutes to recover as a medical timeout?
    Dude how is it not fair?.......... Sloan coulda done the same thing. Sloan sat there for 15 mins and didnt move. she didnt deserve to be in this match anyways. A healthy Serena would have drop kicked here lol

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

im glad she did it

Li-Stephens would be an awful final to watch...

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Didn't break the rules but not very ethical. ESPN killing her for it.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Redfoo is gonna give it to that B later tonight to celebrate!

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Stephens would've choked that game away, either way. Not the best sportsmanship, but I think people are seriously overreacting.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

Optional

I haven't heard anyone else say anything about it all yet to be influenced.

I'm very surprised if it isn't against the rules, but she is a hairline away from me saying she cheated to win even if some lawyer can explain how it is allowed.

Scumbag move. I hope she never wins another tourney. If she was too nervous to play retirement was the only option. She wasn't injured at all. Let alone being able to justify 2 separate injury timeouts back to back.
    Last edited by Optional; 01-24-13 at 02:38 AM.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

They should def have 2 wait till its her service game, not fair that Sloane had 2 wait 10 min in one of the biggest moments in her career to serve to stay in the match. I no you have to wait till the changeover for a MTO but that rule should be changed!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Tournament officials have come out to say she was actually injured so I guess there's that. But you can see why people are caning her for it... rule needs to be changed. If the rule is there, then there's always the chance people abuse it. Players pull these stunts quite regularly unfortunately.

Optional

I'd like to hear her say what the two injuries were.

Well for a second time, and see if she changes her story from the post match interview.

I hope the crowd gives her some curry if tries the same thing again in the final.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'd like to hear her say what the two injuries were.

Well for a second time, and see if she changes her story from the post match interview.

I hope the crowd gives her some curry if tries the same thing again in the final.
    Did you catch the press conference they played right before the men's match? From the parts I saw she said it was her rib and then her rib injury started to mess with her breathing. Or something like that. The AO site always puts up transcripts of the pressers so you should be able to find it up there soon if you missed it earlier.

Optional

I guess i should read it before crucifying her. Still I doubt I will believe a word after seeing it all for myself live.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Tournament officials have come out to say she was actually injured so I guess there's that. But you can see why people are caning her for it... rule needs to be changed. If the rule is there, then there's always the chance people abuse it. Players pull these stunts quite regularly unfortunately.
    Yep.

But I don't know what they can do about it, aside from enforcing the length.