WAR BUCKS
    WAR BUCKS's Avatar Become A Pro!

how can u not take stevens at +670??

im mean come on shes stronger more athletic she just beat her "ideal" and serena was fine the final set she just got outplayed simple as that i mean am i missing something i dont wanna here the fatigue bullshit either shes 19!! she played 3 sets she can do that her sleep. At +670 value here this might be the best +600 wager since illinois at +700 earlier this year lol i think she wins tonight and loses to maria in final

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy answer for me. Value doesn't mean anything if they don't win. Last night was a good spot considering Serena's question marks with injuries coming into the match. This spot, not so much. Good luck, but I think Azarenka wins. I'm not betting anything on this one at all.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

I like her better +385 first set

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

No doubt, this is worth a small play. She has to be riding high with confidence right now, who knows what could happen.

WAR BUCKS
    WAR BUCKS's Avatar Become A Pro!

stevens ml plus stevens 2-0 and 2-1 both plus +1200 to good to pass up

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Aza 2-0

Wont even break a sweat.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

My basis for finding a way to bet Aza today was more mental than physical. Not many believe that Stephens could have beat Serena without the injury. I don't.

Stephens deluged by press and celebrities...for the first time in her young life ...and playing back to back in this kind of heat.

Untied

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

She's hot

Untied

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by WAR BUCKS View Post
    im mean come on shes stronger more athletic she just beat her "ideal" and serena was fine the final set she just got outplayed simple as that i mean am i missing something i dont wanna here the fatigue bullshit either shes 19!! she played 3 sets she can do that her sleep. At +670 value here this might be the best +600 wager since illinois at +700 earlier this year lol i think she wins tonight and loses to maria in final
    u must not watch much tennis. Serina woulda stomped her on a healthy day. Azerenka -5.5 was an easy day lol

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Easy answer for me. Value doesn't mean anything if they don't win.
    If you want to be a winning gambler, you'll learn that value means everything, and the end result of any one contest is irrelevant.

Of course, since determining value on a sporting contest is subjective, instead of a fixed math ratio in a numbers bet, the sum of all results will mean everything to determine if one was betting value to begin with. But to counter variance, many results must be played before that can be determined.

Untied

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    If you want to be a winning gambler, you'll learn that value means everything, and the end result of any one contest is irrelevant.

Of course, since determining value on a sporting contest is subjective, instead of a fixed math ratio in a numbers bet, the sum of all results will mean everything to determine if one was betting value to begin with. But to counter variance, many results must be played before that can be determined.
    6 - 1, 6 - 4

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post

I'm not getting into this argument again. The term value is one I don't use and I know, I'm an idiot, yadda, yadda. In tennis more than most other sports, you will learn if you watch that oddsmakers set these lines ridiculously off in terms of where they should actually be ... but it doesn't mean you should be jumping on a big number because it's "value." You can make a case for a lot of the lines set being "value" by whatever terminology it is that you use. I'm sure someone thought David Ferrer had "value" last night too.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-24-13 at 06:04 AM.