h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

A Ivanovic v A Radwanska

Why is Ivanovic big underdog? Is it worth a shot on her? Or take +4.5 game handicap?

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Shes a big underdog because Radwanska has been playing extremely well and Ivanovic has been pretty mediocre. But I do think Ivanovic has a shot to win here and the +4.5 could be worth a play.

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Ivanovic must would be defeated in this match no chances for her

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

1.)temperature
    2.)weak serve
    3.) 4 last losing H2H
    this 3 factors of lose Ivanovic

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

I disagree with Snake about Ivan playing mediocre. She has certainly stepped it up over last year according to the announcers, her trainers and my opinion. I watched two of her matches and she appears to me to be more mature and determined. However, Rad is playing lights out right now and is the better player. So, yes H3da I see value in +4.5.

My prediction is 6-4 6-4 Radwanska, with a possibility of it going to a tie break or a third set giving +4.5 better value.

Note hear, Radwanska has yet to drop a set this year and hasn't really been challenged. Expect Ivan to step up her intensity with this knowledge

Sharp Snake

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    I disagree with Snake about Ivan playing mediocre. She has certainly stepped it up over last year according to the announcers, her trainers and my opinion. I watched two of her matches and she appears to me to be more mature and determined. However, Rad is playing lights out right now and is the better player. So, yes H3da I see value in +4.5.

My prediction is 6-4 6-4 Radwanska, with a possibility of it going to a tie break or a third set giving +4.5 better value.

Note hear, Radwanska has yet to drop a set this year and hasn't really been challenged. Expect Ivan to step up her intensity with this knowledge
    This is a former number 1 player we're talking about here....

Last few tournaments:
    Fed Cup lost to Safarova
    Kremlin Cup lost to Stosur
    Linz lost to Flipkens
    Beijing lost to Oprandi
    Tokyo lost to URSZULA Radwanska

She hasnt looked especially good in Melbourne either. Im not saying shes struggling but she hasn't been playing anywhere near the level of Radwanska.

El Sol

[QUOTE=Sharp Snake;17541952]
    She hasnt looked especially good in Melbourne either. /QUOTE]

This is where I disagree. I think shes playing well enough to present a challenge and past results are far less important than current form which I believe is up to par. In saying that , Rads form is razor sharp but I've seen her go from lazar point accuracy to hitting grapefruits from one minute to the next. Also, wta has a higher degree of unpredictability giving Dogs the edge. I give Ivan a 15 - 20% chance of winning outright which negates any value for her at +365 (current).

I like Ivan's current form and energy enough to take her +4.5 for a unit. I give this bet a 55 - 60% at winning

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

ivanovic is just too inconsistent just like kvitova to be trusted against a-rad, probably the most consistent player on wta atm

doesnt matter what people or she says, she will always stay that way and thats exactly why she loses to mediocre or sometimes even to bad players

she can cover +4.5 but she cannot win this match, she almost lost to chan ffs

Sharp Snake

[QUOTE=El Sol;17542252]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    She hasnt looked especially good in Melbourne either. /QUOTE]

This is where I disagree. I think shes playing well enough to present a challenge and past results are far less important than current form which I believe is up to par. In saying that , Rads form is razor sharp but I've seen her go from lazar point accuracy to hitting grapefruits from one minute to the next. Also, wta has a higher degree of unpredictability giving Dogs the edge. I give Ivan a 15 - 20% chance of winning outright which negates any value for her at +365 (current).

I like Ivan's current form and energy enough to take her +4.5 for a unit. I give this bet a 55 - 60% at winning
    I think we're splitting hairs here. Ive seen 2 of her matches thus far and she hasnt done anything special. She's not playing awful, shes not playing great, which is why I labelled it mediocre. Wasnt a slight to her.

El Sol

[QUOTE=Sharp Snake;17542352]

I think we're splitting hairs here. Ive seen 2 of her matches thus far and she hasnt done anything special. She's not playing awful, shes not playing great, which is why I labelled it mediocre. Wasnt a slight to her.
    You're right.

Both are attractive so it will be fun to watch regardless.

In saying that, Ive been figuring in the "pretty" angle into my figures for years with mild success. Squares like to bet on who they want to win and men in particular like to bet on the better looking women especially when they are playing less than attractive girls. This match doesn't qualify, but in the future, look for reasons to bet the ugly ducklings.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol
    Oh yeah? I'd say facing multiple set points and getting away with 7:6 7:6 against Jamie Hampton not too long ago qualifies for being challenged... That said, Ivanovic can only win if she makes very few unforced errors, and I mean very few... which is a tall order for her in particular.

El Sol

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Oh yeah? I'd say facing multiple set points and getting away with 7:6 7:6 against Jamie Hampton not too long ago qualifies for being challenged... That said, Ivanovic can only win if she makes very few unforced errors, and I mean very few... which is a tall order for her in particular.
    Ok, OK, she was mildly challenged. Going to a tight third set is what I consider a challenge. Regardless, In principle I agree with Ivan has to play her best to win, and personally I do not think she will and give her a small chance. But you cant dismiss that this is the WTA and Rad, however unlikely, can easily turn in a turd. I saw her do it a few times last year after a string of impressive victories.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Ok, OK, she was mildly challenged. Going to a tight third set is what I consider a challenge. Regardless, In principle I agree with Ivan has to play her best to win, and personally I do not think she will and give her a small chance. But you cant dismiss that this is the WTA and Rad, however unlikely, can easily turn in a turd. I saw her do it a few times last year after a string of impressive victories.

nice avatar man