Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ferrer v Nishikori

Well this is gonna be hella interesting, both guys with not very strong serve but extra solid baseline tennis with practically no UE.

IMO those are really strong bets:
    1st set over 9.5 @1,72
    Total games over 35.5 @1,72
    Nishikori +6,5 evens
    Tie break in match YES @1,8

what do you guys think?

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ferrer rolls.

delpiero7
    delpiero7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1720

As much as I am a big fan of Ferrer, Nishikori could make this a close one and may even win.

mdfizzle

Nishikori is overrated. Why would you take a lite lite version of Ferrer himself?

Sam_Hawkins

cos he's much younger, more motivated and on the rise while ferrer has (even though in a great form) a peak of his carrier behind...
    also, nishi beat him on olympics...

delpiero7
    delpiero7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1720

Ferrer looked scratchy against Baghdatis in the last round. The lopsided scoreline was more due to Baghdatis being useless rather than Ferrer being great. Also, a 2-1 H2H in Nishikori's favour suggests he has a fighter's chance in this one aswell.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero7 View Post
    As much as I am a big fan of Ferrer, Nishikori could make this a close one and may even win.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Nishikori +2.5 games (-143). Ferrer will win this match, IMO. However, Nishikori has demonstrated that he has the skillset and gameplan to beat Ferrer, making this a fairly tough match for Ferrer.

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

If you're confident Ferrer will win, 2.5 games seems awfully small to bank on to win the wager.

Nishikori isn't 100 % and I think Ferrer will just patiently work him. Ferrer wins in 3 or 4 sets in my opinion.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nishikori still isn't fully healthy. He was getting treatment on his knee multiple times in his last match. Over at TennisInsight, this looks like a potential bloodbath in the making ... 67% tipping Nishikori to win.

Sharp Snake

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Nishikori still isn't fully healthy. He was getting treatment on his knee multiple times in his last match. Over at TennisInsight, this looks like a potential bloodbath in the making ... 67% tipping Nishikori to win.
    Wow, thats crazy. How?

EaglesPhan36

I'm shocked honestly at the # of tips on him considering his health. I'm guessing most people assume since he has won with convincing scorelines that he's good to go, but I watched some of the Donskoy match and he was dominating a lot of that with his serve. He won't be able to do that against Ferrer IMO. It's 45 tips for Nishikori and 20 for Ferrer - that to me is insane.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Fully healthy, I agree with Tennis insight, Nishi could win. But I agree Eagles also, Nishi is not 100% and Ferrer, like Nadal, has that never give up mentality. Ferrer was my work horse last season so I Cant bet against my gravy train but I also Cant take him at -490. This match is an easy pass

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I like Nishikori +2.5 games (-143). Ferrer will win this match, IMO. However, Nishikori has demonstrated that he has the skillset and gameplan to beat Ferrer, making this a fairly tough match for Ferrer.
    that would be sets not games

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    that would be sets not games
    Apparently I need to proofread more. However I backed out. If Nishikori comes to play today, a live Ferrer line might appear, but otherwise no play. Still think Ferrer in 4 is the most likely.

EaglesPhan36

Ferrer 6-2 1st set. Had some dicey service games early, but held and then gradually wore Nishikori down on his serve. Intersted to see if and how Nishi responds

Sharp Snake

Ferrer 6-2 1st set. Had some dicey service games early, but held and then gradually wore Nishikori down on his serve. Intersted to see if and how Nishi responds
    Nishikori looked great in the first 2 games but he's looks worn down already and we're only in the 2nd set.

EaglesPhan36

Still early, but he's down a break again already - I really think people who backed Nishikori today didn't do their homework.

mdfizzle

This will be done in straights

EaglesPhan36

Looking like it at this point. I really thought there was a chance Nishikori wouldn't finish this match.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Looking like it at this point. I really thought there was a chance Nishikori wouldn't finish this match.
    he still might not, hes not looking healthy. I had a feeling this could be a blow out due to Nishis knee, and being the Aussie OPen, he would gingerly play it all the way through out of respect for the tournamrnt, but the question marks scared me away. should of went with my gut on this one and took a handicap

EaglesPhan36

Just keep remembering, when the folks @ TennisInsight go consensus on an underdog ... it rarely works out where the dog wins. I tracked this some last year. Not a perfect method of blind fading, but it's one of those things like the Madden Curse where it defies logic.

Sam_Hawkins

oh wow my bad...props to ferrer tho. Nishi go to a fuckin hospital already.