AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

F. Lopez vs. Radek Stephanek - Discuss

I'm thinking of baking Lopez here but want to hear some opinions....

Stephanek 8-2 h2h vs. Lopez is the only reason why I'm still debating this... Steph. had a rough match yesterday on a 5 setter ending after 4 Hours. , Lopez only played 1:30 Hours.

What would you think about his match-up ? looking to place a straight wager on Lopez.

Comments?

king_danilo92
    king_danilo92's Avatar Become A Pro!

overrrrr 40.5

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Stepanek played a long game + he might be injured(?)(didn't show up to play against Benneteau on 9th). Nevertheless if he is feeling good this game can be a coinflip. I think Stepanek is a better player but he might not be in the best shape. If I could get like -115 on Lopez, I'd give it a shot.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lopez looks like a public burial sort of play. Everyone on it. Everyone fading Stepanek off a long match. That obviously was not the way Stepanek would have wanted to win, coming back from 0-2 .. but the lack of match play he had in the build-up to the AO with injuries, that match may have been what he needed to inspire confidence. The problem with Lopez is deciphering his effort level from match to match. He can come out and play with anyone - see the Andy Murray match at the US Open in 2012 or he can come out and bend over and take it.

I think you should step back first and ask yourself if you think Lopez matches up well with Stepanek and focus less on how long the matches went in the 1st round. One long match isn't going to burn these guys out. They do this for a living. I think if the injury for Stepanek was a major problem still, it would have flashed during the Troicki match - but he obviously seemed to get stronger in that match. This is tough to call IMO. I think Stepanek's style is tough, but Lopez' power can help negate that if he's engaged early. For me, these are the types of match to avoid where there are a lot of question marks you're trying to answer instead of being able to find an advantage.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando, and face

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Lopez looks like a public burial sort of play. Everyone on it. Everyone fading Stepanek off a long match. That obviously was not the way Stepanek would have wanted to win, coming back from 0-2 .. but the lack of match play he had in the build-up to the AO with injuries, that match may have been what he needed to inspire confidence. The problem with Lopez is deciphering his effort level from match to match. He can come out and play with anyone - see the Andy Murray match at the US Open in 2012 or he can come out and bend over and take it.

I think you should step back first and ask yourself if you think Lopez matches up well with Stepanek and focus less on how long the matches went in the 1st round. One long match isn't going to burn these guys out. They do this for a living. I think if the injury for Stepanek was a major problem still, it would have flashed during the Troicki match - but he obviously seemed to get stronger in that match. This is tough to call IMO. I think Stepanek's style is tough, but Lopez' power can help negate that if he's engaged early. For me, these are the types of match to avoid where there are a lot of question marks you're trying to answer instead of being able to find an advantage.

EP thanks a lot for the comment, love read your posts. if you have a few minutes to spare, I'm thinking of going BIG on this parlay , which do you think is the worst to put out?

JANOWICZ -475
    J. Benneteau -425
    Tipsarevic -600
    Stanislas Wawrinka -600
    Sam Querry -550

Don't care to even play 3 teamer and not 4 or 5... which ones are you the most confidence about?

EaglesPhan36

I'll still skeptical on Janowicz, but Devvarman doesn't seem like the type that matches up well with power tennis. The rest, hard to argue with the favorites.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

I think I'd leave Janowicz out this time for the big fav's parlay... he was the only one that I put ** next to his name...

Would you insert to some parlays Kerber -800 ?

EaglesPhan36

She seems to match up well with Hradecka. If you didn't mind paying more, Na Li looks about as good as you can find on the women's side today.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

my book! like everyon elses likes to fck People!

They came out with these lines today:

3:59p
    Australian Open Enhanced Specials
    For their respected matches starting on January 15th. If any of their respected matches are not completed, all wagers are void
    Janowicz, Wawrinka, Youzhny and Querrey All To Win +130

The above is what my book came out with today. I said to myself, lets see what i got if i parlay them all myself. It was around -115. Ive never seen this on my book befor, where they offer a certain amount of players to win like this.

What do you guys think. It almost looks like a set up for disaster to me.Heres the other 2 lines they have:

For their respected matches starting on January 15th. If either match is not completed, all wagers are void
    Wawrinka and J. Tipsarevic Both To Win 3-0 +275

For their respected matches starting on January 15th. If either match is not completed, all wagers are void
    Berdych and Ferrer Both To Win 3-0 -129

Anyone see anything wrong here?

Thanks

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

It's weird, never seen anything like this... I would prefer to stay away from Youhzny ... I wouldn't touch any of this book offers... make your own plays

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Id take Stepaneck. I backed Lopez in some warm up match just befor this tournament started, and he looked terrible. Iknow this is the Aussie Open, I just dont feel good trusting him. If his serve is off, he is done.

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Man, I like Stepanek. Everytime I watch him, it seems like he's in the match and Lopez is so up and down. Seems like a coinflip to me and I dont think Lopez matches up well with him at all (as you noted with their H2H.)

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

Yep, I totally laid off from this match... and from what I read and felt.. since I opened a thread about it... Steph might be the right play here to whoever wants to play it!

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

also big ML move towards stephanek!