gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Australians, Asians or Europeans- what matches can you watch

In the states, only getting this on espn3.

- Ivan Dodig (CRO) vs. Di ** (CHN) (First Round)
    ESPN3
    Marinko Matosevic (AUS) vs. Marin Cilic (CRO) [12] (First Round)
    ESPN3
    - Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) [6] vs. Adrian Mannarino (FRA) (First Round)
    ESPN3
    - Tommy Haas (GER) [19] vs. Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) (First Round)
    ESPN3
    Gilles Simon (FRA) [14] vs. Filippo Volandri (ITA) (First Round)

Espn is useless. I dont have access tonight to direc tv. Even first row sports and livescorehunter only have these matches on. Can you watch any of the womens matches? Pliskova, Davis, Babos, or Rybarikovas matches being played right now?

gregm

Bedene match?

They blanked out Wus last name, like western u. Asians are going to have a tough time on these boards.

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

I think for the most part, the matches being played on Courts with higher numbers dont have many options when it comes viewing it. Not sure if there arent camera set up or what the deal is, but I was trying to catch a match on Court 19 earlier and I couldnt find it anywhere.

gregm

Thanks ss. Are you in australia sharpsnake? I thought there might be more viewing options but it seems to pretty much be universal, if its not streamed on livescorehunter, its not anywhere. I really want to see some of these womens matches.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Rybarikova/Mugoruza at 12/12 in the third set and no video stream that I can find....

Completely absurd you can't at least get a fixed full court web stream shot going of all courts...

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Nope, I'm in the US. Philly actually. There are tons of options online and generally ESPN3 and Firstrow have the same matches available and Firstrow streams EuroSport I believe.

gregm

Really wanted to see this Pliskova match. Zemlja match as well

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Really wanted to see this Pliskova match. Zemlja match as well
    I want to watch Klizan too.

Television broadcasting is still in the stone age down here.

The primary broadcaster doing this is only using one of it's 3 free to air channels for it, therefore only showing 1 match at a time. And the pay TV company who paid them off to do such a shitty job, Foxtel, is only running it on 2 channels themselves.

No incentive for cameras on all courts.

It's an effing travesty.
    Last edited by Optional; 01-15-13 at 03:44 AM.

gregm

I feel the same way about the states opti, the US has the technology but wait until the tour gets into the US and see how many tournament matches dont even have any streams anywhere. I think with the US , its more about greed than not utilizing the technology, espn3 hasnt been bad at all this tourney and direc tv is always the best, but it seems like the European part of the swing always seems to have the best coverage when the tour makes its way through Europe. Eurosport, Bet365,etc. The tourneys in europe seem to have a larger amount of matches available to view, even from the smaller courts. I may be wrong about that but it seems to be the impression.

If broadcasters dont want streams to show up on livescorehunter,first row, just make them available for a fair price. I hate first row and all the pop ups and crap , I would pay a subscription for good quality streams if the matches offered were worth the price. Tennistv is 130$ a year and the amount of matches offered is really limited.