Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Benoit Paire

What a fruit loop! What an embarrassment to tennis and waste of talent. Seriously, he is going to get fined for that appearance, hopefully more than the 27 gs he got for losing tonight. Fed should have punched him in the face instead of shaking his hand!

DoubleRedDragon
    DoubleRedDragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

why so harsh

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleRedDragon View Post
    why so harsh
    You must not have watched the match. No full effort from that Frenchie.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    What a fruit loop! What an embarrassment to tennis and waste of talent. Seriously, he is going to get fined for that appearance, hopefully more than the 27 gs he got for losing tonight. Fed should have punched him in the face instead of shaking his hand!

what the hell outcome were you expecting??? straight sets sound about right .....its Paire vs Fed dude .....cmon now.

DoubleRedDragon
    DoubleRedDragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

I saw him trying hard... just can't beat the Fed monster

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    what the hell outcome were you expecting??? straight sets sound about right .....its Paire vs Fed dude .....cmon now.
    The outcome was never in doubt, but the guy should ar least respect the game, that's all. He was trying to get his volleys to bounce on Fed's side and come back to him, and he attempted a between the legs volley. Should have let someone else take his spot in the draw IMO.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a shock, a French player playing like a pussy. I watched the better part of two sets and he definitely gave less than 100% effort. Not the first time someone has ever done that against someone like Federer. When nothing goes right for you, feels like you've got a Volvo up your ass in third gear and you can't get it to drive through and finish the job.

But I also think Paire has been guilty of this before. Fukk him.

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Think about it this way though...Paire knows he has zero shot he can win. But if he nails some trick play, or gets people talking about him (we are!) it raises his profile a little bit. Federer gave him a big smile (maybe it's just because he's a class act) and handshake and didn't seem to have a problem with it, so why should we?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Paire can be a jerkoff but I can't really blame him... as soon as you see you have Fed in the first round and then find out it's going to be a bloody hot day on top of it, why bother trying? Take the money for showing up and head to the beach as quickly as possible.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Paire can be a jerkoff but I can't really blame him... as soon as you see you have Fed in the first round and then find out it's going to be a bloody hot day on top of it, why bother trying? Take the money for showing up and head to the beach as quickly as possible.
    Or you could fight your hardest and improve from your experience of playing the best player of all time.

shari91

Or you could fight your hardest and improve from your experience of playing the best player of all time.
    Would you? It's a bake sale here today. And for all we know he did try his best... it's not like he's a consistent player and this result is some strange anomaly for him. He actually won more games than I thought he would.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Would you? It's a bake sale here today. And for all we know he did try his best... it's not like he's a consistent player and this result is some strange anomaly for him. He actually won more games than I thought he would.
    I guess the heat should give a professional athlete an excuse for not trying their best, the heat didn't bother Fed.

shari91

I guess the heat should give a professional athlete an excuse for not trying their best, the heat didn't bother Fed.
    You can't compare Fed and Paire nor should they even be in the same sentence as far as athletes go other than the fact they play the same sport. Federer lives and trains in Dubai - heat will never bother him. Many people were expecting Paire to maybe win 4 games total. The fact he kept one set close is a pretty good effort. Not sure what else you were expecting of him.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

You can't compare Fed and Paire nor should they even be in the same sentence as far as athletes go other than the fact they play the same sport. Federer lives and trains in Dubai - heat will never bother him. Many people were expecting Paire to maybe win 4 games total. The fact he kept one set close is a pretty good effort. Not sure what else you were expecting of him.
    Sure he one a few games, I don't really care how many games he got. My point is only that he gave up, the rallies were not grueling and it was only about 84 degrees, not too hot really. I didn't expect him to push Fed and nobody did, but I am just saying he was making a mockery of the game by some of the shots he tried.