beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Yeah youre right...tied for 5th..my bad..

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Congrats to the winners..Murray gave it a good run but the joker is just too tough..

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

thanks for all the work you put into the contest Shari

AKATDOG
    AKATDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

thanks for the contest shari!

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by AKATDOG View Post
    thanks for the contest shari!
    Thanks Shari! Wonder who wins the tiebreakers between us? Nice job either way

AKATDOG
    AKATDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Thanks Shari! Wonder who wins the tiebreakers between us? Nice job either way
    you too bud

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Shari, thanks for the contest. I know it is a lot of work, it is a shame SBR has not an automated script (as jjgold would have said).

Suggestions:

- Ties share prizes. Much easier than checking underdogs.
    - Suggest a bracket site, and picks must be copy & pasted from it. I tried tennischannel and it was a waste of time, I hope there are other options.

Again, thanks for your effort.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Shari, thanks for the contest. I know it is a lot of work, it is a shame SBR has not an automated script (as jjgold would have said).

Suggestions:

- Ties share prizes. Much easier than checking underdogs.
    - Suggest a bracket site, and picks must be copy & pasted from it. I tried tennischannel and it was a waste of time, I hope there are other options.

Again, thanks for your effort.
    Thanks for the suggestions Cookie. A couple of years ago I tried ties sharing prizes a few different ways and people weren't happy with it for various reasons - usually because they were ending up with barely more than a person who finished below them or they didn't feel it was fair to share with someone who picked the overall winner but didn't do well in the early rounds. So the tiebreaker is set up in a way that puts the emphasis on making good choices in the first two rounds. As for TC, this time they introduced several new features which messed up the format. Before that though it was very easy to use and the majority of posters used it for their entries. I suspect they received a lot of backlash so I assume it'll be fine for the French but if not I'll find another site.

shari91

FINAL SCORES:

*freeplays will be credited during business hours1.

1. tto: 274

2. akatdog: 274

3. shock11: 273

4. Shari: 271

5. stefan: 271

6. betab: 270

7. yisman: 270

8. Jnic: 269

9. vladfan: 269

greg: 269

brandoc: 267

aeiou: 265

gaebiskon: 261

heehaw: 259

tcarv, tsonga: 257

xpl41n: 255

boner: 252

noles: 248

cross: 246

empire: 245

po69: 243

short6r: 241

balla: 239

cookie, santo, miklos: 238

ttwarrior: 230

EP36: 226

Russian: 224

iifold: 217

beefcake: 213

delpiero: 209

Goat: 202

optional: 200

laurin: 196

chaz: 190

aca: 185

realmadrid: 174
    Last edited by shari91; 01-28-13 at 04:11 AM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

thanks for the great contest Shari...looking forward to the next one

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions Cookie. A couple of years ago I tried ties sharing prizes a few different ways and people weren't happy with it for various reasons - usually because they were ending up with barely more than a person who finished below them or they didn't feel it was fair to share with someone who picked the overall winner but didn't do well in the early rounds. So the tiebreaker is set up in a way that puts the emphasis on making good choices in the first two rounds. As for TC, this time they introduced several new features which messed up the format. Before that though it was very easy to use and the majority of posters used it for their entries. I suspect they received a lot of backlash so I assume it'll be fine for the French but if not I'll find another site.
    Well, sharing 1st place would mean adding 1st and 2nd place prizes, and dividing by two. So, no way they would won barely more than 3rd. Only situation to consider is ties for lowest prizes, as it could mean very small prizes. If most people do not like tying with a "lucky champ" pick, giving less weight to later rounds is the solution.

Current tiebreak is hard to compute. I know I picked a few slight dogs, but some of them maybe were favored by gametime. Ideally you should post all the faves at contest closeout, (disregarding closing line), but that would be even more work on you. At the end, I did not know if I would be 1st or 2nd place had Murray won, so I did not hedge
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 01-28-13 at 10:39 AM.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Thanks again for the contest Shari, won me some points, and got me to wander into the tennis betting sub forum looking for this thread, where I found some picks that made me money

Looking forward to the next major.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Well, sharing 1st place would mean adding 1st and 2nd place prizes, and dividing by two. So, no way they would won barely more than 3rd. Only situation to consider is ties for lowest prizes, as it could mean very small prizes. If most people do not like tying with a "lucky champ" pick, giving less weight to later rounds is the solution.

Current tiebreak is hard to compute. I know I picked a few slight dogs, but some of them maybe were favored by gametime. Ideally you should post all the faves at contest closeout, (disregarding closing line), but that would be even more work on you. At the end, I did not know if I would be 1st or 2nd place had Murray won, so I did not hedge
    Current tiebreak is actually quite easy: As it always is in my contests, the prices are based on closing odds at Pinny which are found at TennisInsight. People are free to check themselves at any point if they want to know before I post the results. Thanks again for the suggestions. Hope to see you back for the French.

And thanks RussianRocket and congrats tto! Happy to hear you spent some time in the Tennis Forum as a result... my favourite place on SBR. Hope you both had fun!
    Points Awarded:

gregm gave shari91 30 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First ... 3456