beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Which one of these 3rd tier players has a chance to make a major semi..

Just a hunch, but the big 4 seem to always take up the semis/finals and the scraps are left for delpo,ferrer,bird-shit and Tsonga. With nadals injury woes,fed's schedule, and djoker never going to repeat '11, except for Murray who I think is going to dominate this year.The next 4 seem to have had their chance and would have done something by now...So which one of these has the best shot..

Obviously these are dark-horses and cant trust these fags with an ounce of salt, but an injury or two,rain delay or upsets happen and low and behold one of them makes a major semi.

Tippy
    Gasquet
    Alamgro
    Monaco
    Isner
    Cilic
    Raonic
    Nishi

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd give Almagro the bump if he can get a good draw the French. Three of the last five years he was denied in the QFs by Nadal. Not sure exactly where he will be in the rankings, but if he avoids Nadal in his draw - Almagro will be a danger to anyone not named Djokovic IMO. I think he could push and/or take Federer on this surface potentially. Solid, solid dirt baller.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Tippy - Overrated in my opinion. Great forehand, not enough variety in his game, too inconsistent.
    Gasquet - Super talented but a headcase.
    Alamgro - EP nailed it.
    Monaco - Best days are behind him?
    Isner - Forget Isner. Querry is the future of American men's tennis
    Cilic - Way too inconsistent. Glipses of his talent are all we get. A tennis bettor's nightmare.
    Raonic - I'm sick of waiting for this kid to live up to his potential.
    Nishi - Winner. As long as the knee injury is not significant then just watch him explode this year...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Bottom two. But really just because we don;t know their real potential as yet.

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Cilic Raonic Nishikori Isner Monaco 100% no
    Other may be

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

dimitrov if he can improve his mental aspect

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Those guys are all third tier players for a reason. I agree that Almagro could make a French semi with a perfect draw, but no chance for the rest of those guys, at least not this year. Even if a big four falls on a major, Ferrer and the boys will be there to take a third tier player down. If a major was played indoors, Raonic would have a chance!

JayDelight729
    JayDelight729's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Almagro and Gasquet. I'd argue Almagro is top 6 in the world on clay.

Gasquet made 4th Round at all majors last year. He's consistently very good, just hasn't gotten to next step yet. Depending on draw... let's see.