Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Goffin v Belluci

If you are like me and have an opinion of Goffin maybe you should watch this match from Auckland.

He just choked at 5-2 and 5-4 serving for the first set. Double faulted last point to get Belluci to 5-5.

Damn I hate betting on chokers...

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was close to putting something on Goffin but couldnt pull the trigger. His hardcourt game is decent against players outside the #50 but his mental game sucks. I've seen him choke away a 5-1 set earlier this year. Looks like Bellucci has all the momentum now. The strong wind is affecting Goffin's game.

Best of luck

Optional

I didn't realize he was known for it

Optional

Props to Bellucci. He fought back from a big hole and never looked phased when asked to serve for the match.

Neither was all that impressive though.

Need Klizan -1.5 to square me up now.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

If you need a comeback bet, take Granollers over Ebden.

I dont see how Ebden can stay in the match, he absolutely sucks on hardcourts.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post

He beat Granola Bar at this same event last year, and Ebden is 66-50 on Hard not awesome but not terrible. Not saying Marcel won't win but it may be tough

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post

?? His whole entire game is based on hardcourts, he clearly grew up on hardcourts.. Although obv his game translates well to grass sometimes

Optional

Is everyone thinking about the same Ebden?

He only plays hardcourts. It's Granollers who prefers clay.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Ebden just flat out sucks on any surface the last 6 months. I don't even think the home friendly crowd can help him either.

Granollers on the other hand has been the opposite. He's notched some wins over quality opponents on hard the last few months including impressive wins over Youzhny and Simon.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ebden gets straight setted.

Optional

Yeah agree Granollers should roll him. But the surface is one thing in Ebdens favor really.

FML, Klizen loses to the X Man He choked trying to serve for the 2nd at 5-2 as well. Although came back to win it at least.

I really look out for strong mental skills, and the ability to finish it out. Better get back to the study as I got that wrong with those two today.

Now it's all up to the huge dog Sousa to save me from a losing day.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

penetrate goffin. Never betting him again.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the #1 lesson for us all .... remember it's 2013. Doesn't mean shit-all what anyone did in October or September. Guys like Klizan & Janowicz have to prove themselves all over again from the start of a season. No one is going to come in fearing them based on a good month or two from last year IMO. If anything, guys will look to knock them off to get their own name out there.

These first couple weeks can be rough if you go too heavy. It's a time where you have to put some time in on reading up on what players did for off-season preps because that's about all you have to go on and it's still mostly guess work before the Australian Open as to most player's motivation. Look deep for things like players maybe defending points or players who can work into a seeded spot in the Aussie Open with a good run this week. I also think by the time these tournaments get to the quarterfinals - we probably shouldn't assume anyone is going to tank to save themselves. A title is a title and when they're within a round or so of winning, I think it's tough - especially for mid level players - to not go for it.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

No amount of work in the off season and a new 2013 year isnt going to change the fact that Ebden sucks.

Granollers started off slow but Ebden shows his true colors in that 3rd set....got smoked.

Cash that Granollers