MakinItHappen
    MakinItHappen's Avatar Become A Pro!

LMFA0 - BREAKING NEWS: Rafael Nadal withdraws from Australian Open

News jus broke on SkySports news. This guy still wants further rehab.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there something wrong with wanting to be 100%?
    Seems pretty logical to me.
    But what do I know.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

injuries are hilarious.

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Is there something wrong with wanting to be 100%?
    Seems pretty logical to me.
    But what do I know.
    He's been out rehabilitating since his loss to Rosol in the second round of Wimbledon man, it's been almost half a year. He is 100% fit, but jus not a 100% match-fit, my thoughts are he doesn't want to give-away any psychological edge to his rivals going into the Clay season, he wants to hit the ground running and surge on from there. I personally think it's the sissy boy's approach, he should compete in the Aussie Open and give it his best go.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Good call on his part. His body is fragile as it is... no point in travelling all the way here to play a Slam when you're not 100% physically or mentally ready. And selfishly as a bettor I'd much rather him out now before the draw, future bets placed and contests entered only to see a replay of him vs Ferrer a couple of years ago.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Op is a real idiot

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

Bad news, but he would be crazy to do anything else if he isn't fit.

Wonder why they used the story about pulling out of Abu Dabi with a stomach virus though...

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Op is a real idiot
    6th post down is a real muppet and probably has no idea how long he's been on the treatment table for now. He's acting like he's made of glass.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Good for him he knows his body best. So quit whining kid

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Bad news, but he would be crazy to do anything else if he isn't fit.

Wonder why they used the story about pulling out of Abu Dabi with a stomach virus though...
    He is fit, he's jus not match-fit. Call me a cynic but I believe the "stomach bug" was a cover story and he and uncle Toni watched Novak today against Roadrunner and completely demolish him, so sort it best as he jus pulled out of the Aussie open. Chances were he'd meet Novak in the semi finals and it'd have been a huge psychological edge for him going into the clay season. I know I am going deep here, but this really does happen.

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Good for him he knows his body best. So quit whining kid
    Yawns.

Have you anything insightful to say?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

Quote Originally Posted by MakinItHappen View Post

He is fit, he's jus not match-fit. Call me a cynic but I believe the "stomach bug" was a cover story and he and uncle Toni watched Novak today against Roadrunner and completely demolish him, so sort it best as he jus pulled out of the Aussie open. Chances were he'd meet Novak in the semi finals and it'd have been a huge psychological edge for him going into the clay season. I know I am going deep here, but this really does happen.
    I don't know if you are right or wrong, but i kind of hope you are correct.

Much better scenario than him still carrying injury, and the chance he will be retiring.

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

Wow, I think this will drop him down to at least #5?

It'd just be wrong to see Djokovic/Fed/Murray and Nadal in the same quarter for the French or Wimbledon.

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by Blax0r View Post
    Wow, I think this will drop him down to at least #5?

It'd just be wrong to see Djokovic/Fed/Murray and Nadal in the same quarter for the French or Wimbledon.
    Not if he comes back mid-feb and reaches quarters/semi's in 250/500 events and then dominates the early opening to the Clay season, winning or reaching the final of the masters 1000s, should jus about keep him in-front of Ferrer.

MakinItHappen

Rafa Nadal has been forced to pull out of the Australian Open.
    Nadal has not played since losing in the second round of Wimbledon to Lukas Rosol back in June because of a knee injury.
    He had been expected to make his comeback at the ongoing World Tennis Championships in Abu Dhabi, but pulled out because of a sickness bug.
    And he says the combination of sickness and injury means he will not be fit enough to compete in the opening Grand Slam of the year.
    "I am sorry and very sad to announce that I will not play in the Australian Open," he told the tournament's website.
    "My knee is coming along okay, but a stomach virus has left me unable to get ready in time to tackle the rigours of a grand slam.
    "Because of the virus, I have been unable to get any match practice and simply would not be doing myself or my friends in Australia justice if I went down there so unprepared.
    "You need your body to be at its best for the Australian Open. It was a difficult decision and I am extremely disappointed to be missing
    such a great event.
    "I love coming to Melbourne and playing on Rod Laver Arena before the Australian crowds. It brings out the best in me.
    "It hurts to have to wait another 12 months before I get another chance. In the meantime, the focus is now on desperately trying to get back on the tour."
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-24-16 at 01:29 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

Not if he comes back mid-feb and reaches quarters/semi's in 250/500 events and then dominates the early opening to the Clay season, winning or reaching the final of the masters 1000s, should jus about keep him in-front of Ferrer.
    Yea, he'll have to grind through those 250/500's, but to be fair, he's going to win anything on clay and will go far in the others. Making the finals of the march masters will be tougher, but he needs them to make up for the 1290 point loss from Australia and Doha.

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by Blax0r View Post
    Yea, he'll have to grind through those 250/500's, but to be fair, he's going to win anything on clay and will go far in the others. Making the finals of the march masters will be tougher, but he needs them to make up for the 1290 point loss from Australia and Doha.
    Also depends on how Ferrer and Birdshit do.

MoYaL
    How bad do you want success
    MoYaL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

It just open the draw for TTwarrior .
    go get some TT !

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Why don't we all just admit that Rafa's body is breaking down from all his years of Juicing.Uncle tony has been the one sticking needles in him for years.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

OP, you have absolutely no idea how Nadal is feeling or how much his body has recovered from the injury. Your opinion is literally meaningless.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why is this funny? If he is not physically able to compete he shouldn't take a spot of a healthy player.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Jeff sachmann was talking about this in his blog. Rafa might stick to a predominately clay schedule, hard courts are where most of the ranking points come from but he could still dominate Paris and the clay season.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Everything i said here is more true by the day.

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    OP, you have absolutely no idea how Nadal is feeling or how much his body has recovered from the injury. Your opinion is literally meaningless.
    Listen. Did you read the reports? The quotes in the reports given are of him saying he's pulling out because of a virus. IT IS NOT AN INJURY, OR ANY PHYSICAL REGARDING. English comprehension my friend, English comprehension.

Now this "apparent" virus is a health issue, not a fitness one, him and his team IMO are most likely what we call in England, "blagging it" (Lying) in order to buy extra time to prepare. Aspects such as muscle memory for technique and footwork are things you can't jus get back from being "fit again". The intensity of being in a match situation is something that you also need to consider. It's not quite as simple as; "his body is not ready".. this is a dumbed down way of understanding it.
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-28-12 at 12:34 PM.

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Jeff sachmann was talking about this in his blog. Rafa might stick to a predominately clay schedule, hard courts are where most of the ranking points come from but he could still dominate Paris and the clay season.
    “Hard courts are very negative for the body,” he said. “I know the sport is a business and creating these courts is easier than clay or grass, but I am 100 per cent sure it is wrong. I may have to play more on clay than before but there aren’t that many options.”

After contending for the No. 1 ranking earlier this tear, Nadal is now ranked No. 4, a position he should be able to hold on to entering the Australian Open.

www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2012-09-25/10739.php

It could also partly be down to one of those "prevention before cure" scenario's here for Rafa. Does he really want to risk missing the bread and butter to his season?

If this is the reason ^ and he is looking to maximize his career then fair enough by him. I am caught in two minds. Is it because he feels he would be too ring rusty in terms of his game to compete and thus give away a psycological edge? You don't want to instil belief into player's and allow them to think "we can beat Rafa". Or is he jus avoiding what seems is like a 50% chance of him getting injured again?
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-28-12 at 12:33 PM.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Listen. Did you read the reports? The quotes in those reports what reason he's given to pulling out? IT IS NOT AN INJURY, OR ANY PHYSICAL REGARDING. English comprehension my friend, English comprehension. He inverted comas, "apparently" has a virus. That is health, not fitness, him and his team IMO are most likely what we call in England, "blagging it" to buy extra time for preparation before competing. Aspects such as muscle memory for technique and footwork are things you can't jus get back from being "fit again". The intensity of being in a match situation is something. It's not quite as simple as; "his body is not ready".. this is a dumbed down way of understanding it.

All the dude said was you have no Idea how Nadal is feeling...
    Then you say the bolded part, just going ahead and proving that you really don't know what exactly is wrong.

Nadal will be back when he's ready...Who really gives a fukk if he's pulling out of tournaments. Whether it's physical or mental, Nobody really knows besides him and his team...It's all just speculation for us, as we don't have a fukkin clue, because all we want to do is just assume it's one thing or the other.

Just like we can assume here, that you're not a fan of Nadal...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    All the dude said was you have no Idea how Nadal is feeling...
    Then you say the bolded part, just going ahead and proving that you really don't know what exactly is wrong.

Nadal will be back when he's ready...Who really gives a fukk if he's pulling out of tournaments. Whether it's physical or mental, Nobody really knows besides him and his team...It's all just speculation for us, as we don't have a fukkin clue, because all we want to do is just assume it's one thing or the other.

Just like we can assume here, that you're not a fan of Nadal...
    So all I am doing is speculating right? Jus like all you you're doing is speculating about him and his team being "genuine" about "the" so called "virus". It's pretty much the same thing. They're not even required to provide a doctor's note to the ATP.

“Hard courts are very negative for the body,” he said. “I know the sport is a business and creating these courts is easier than clay or grass, but I am 100 per cent sure it is wrong. I may have to play more on clay than before but there aren’t that many options.”

After contending for the No. 1 ranking earlier this tear, Nadal is now ranked No. 4, a position he should be able to hold on to entering the Australian Open.

www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2012-09-25/10739.php

It could also partly be down to one of those "prevention before cure" scenario's here for Rafa. Does he really want to risk missing the bread and butter to his season?

If this is the reason ^ and he is looking to maximize his career then fair enough by him. I am caught in two minds. Is it because he feels he would be too ring rusty in terms of his game to compete and thus give away a psycological edge? You don't want to instil belief into player's and allow them to think "we can beat Rafa". Or is he jus avoiding what seems is like a 50% chance of him getting injured again?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Needs to roid up again.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Tennis players are pussys.

Cant believe roddick retired at 30. What a disgrace

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

You were a mediocre player that won at the highest level, you have more money than you know what to do with and you're banging one of the hottest broads in the world. I fail to see a problem. Why bang up your knees, shoulders, and hips anymore?

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Remember more courts were faster "back in his day" and his game revolved around big serving and flat forehands.

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You were a mediocre player that won at the highest level, you have more money than you know what to do with and you're banging one of the hottest broads in the world. I fail to see a problem. Why bang up your knees, shoulders, and hips anymore?
    Roddick was mediocre? LOL!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

For the love of the game.

Pussy is pussy.

Dont put the pussy on a pedestal

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Roddick was mediocre? LOL!
    Yes

He was solid in 2003 when he won his one and only GS.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I never "speculated" anything.

I said he's not 100% and he'll be back when he is.

Yes you're trying to make too much out of nothing, that's why you're making all the assumptions as to why he's not participating...When someone is injured it takes time for them to get back in there...He'll be back when he feels 100% it's pretty simple to understand...We don't need to know if he's unable to perform at 100% or if his mind just isn't ready...He'll be back when he's ready to perform at the level he wants to be at, physically and mentally.

I don't follow tennis enough to read articles about the guys...I just know Nadal has been out quite a while and I didn't understand why this thread needed to be titled "LMFAO"...Guys fun to watch and sucks he's not playing, nothing really to giggle about.

But have fun speculating on why he's not playing. It's fun to read the guys that have inside info and like to tell us what's wrong with players...They usually turn out being correct!

12 Last