beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Hopman Cup Futures...

From 5 dimes..
    Obviously Novak and Ana are there for Serbia which is why they are that price.

Here are the rest of the teams..http://hopmancup.com/teams

Anyone see any value on a team besides Serbia..?

Here are my quick 2 cents on the other 7 teams..

USA..Isner can do damage but Dont trust venus coming off a year she barely played..

Germany..Could be some value here..HAAS can bring it and Georges is recovered from injury in 12'

France..yeah Tsonga but Johannson is shit.

Spain...All depends if Nando has form..Garrigues has veteran savvy..Shot in the dark?

Aussies..Would not trust Tomic with a ten foot pole..

Italy...Seppi much improved and could have a even better year than last...AHHH HEE I dunno.

South Africa...Anderson can bring it and Scheepers has gotten better..You could make a case that SA could beat Italy,aussies,spain and france...Maybe wait and let all the money flow on the favs and take em late for value!

Hopman Cup Winner
    Fri 12/28 9:00PM
    all wagers have action
    Serbia -140
    USA +400
    Germany +800
    France +1200
    Spain +1400
    Australia +2000
    Italy +2200
    South Africa +2200

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I have rarely bet on these exhibitions, they usually have alot of dropouts. I took Serbia this year for these ridiculously low limits but I had Serbia (Djokovic/Ivanovic) in 2011 and they were in the finals playing the US but Ana had an abdomen injury and they withdrew. Exhibitions, even for decent prize money, dont always bring out the greatness in players. lol. Look at some of the past winners http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopman_Cup

Hyundai is putting on a good show it seems and they have some great names, first year in Perth arena, and I am dying for some tennis. This is the first hopman cup for Venus so who knows, may be worth looking at.

Ladbrokes has Serbia at 4/6 /-150. BWin has Serbia at 1.8/-120. Does anybody know much about Luxbet? 2.0/+100 Serbia

Past champions

This years groups

GROUP A
    (1) Serbia - Ana Ivanovic & Novak Djokovic
    (3) Italy - Francesca Schiavone & Andreas Seppi
    (5) Germany - Andrea Petkovic & Tommy Haas
    (8) Australia - Ashleigh Barty & Bernard Tomic

GROUP B
    (2) USA - Venus Williams & John Isner
    (4) Spain - Anabel Medina Garrigues & Fernando Verdasco
    (6) S.Africa - Chanelle Scheepers & Kevin Anderson
    (7) France - Mathilde Johansson & Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Winner USA - Venus Williams & John Isner or Spain - Anabel Medina Garrigues & Fernando Verdasco its 100%. Serbia havenot chances to win this Cup, Ivanovich too weak.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Ladbrokes has Serbia at 4/6 /-150. BWin has Serbia at 1.8/-120. Does anybody know much about Luxbet? 2.0/+100 Serbia
    I use Luxbet frequently, good Aus book.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    I use Luxbet frequently, good Aus book.
    Thanks domestic. Great number for Hopman. Alot of fun to be in the aussie/ asian world pretty soon. I will have to tivo so many matches, time difference is a pain. Very little live betting and not as much tennis to watch for people in my hemisphere.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Thanks domestic. Great number for Hopman. Alot of fun to be in the aussie/ asian world pretty soon. I will have to tivo so many matches, time difference is a pain. Very little live betting and not as much tennis to watch for people in my hemisphere.
    Yep, the Australian Open will roll around in no time.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Might be worth taking a shot at South Africa to win Group B. If Venus phones it in, in group rounds particularly, any of those other 3 teams could win the group. And chances are Saffies will be the one up near 10/1 if money comes for USA.

MakinItHappen
    MakinItHappen's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Hopman cup will be between two sides this year, clear and straight, Serbia and the States. The bookies are predictably over-estimating the Serbian's chances on the simple basis they have the World number 1 and Grandslam champion in the team. There is very little separating Ana Ivanovic and Venus Williams on a singles court, so that in itself is a sheer toss up. Both John and Venus are seasoned doubles player's, John having had the experience of College Doubles tennis and Venus only with her multiple Grandslam titles with Serena. lol With John superior serve Venus being accomplished @ the net, there really isn't a reason why they should not beat Ivanovic and Djokovic in a doubles matches, especially considering neither plays doubles period. On-top of this, John beat Novak earlier mid this year, albeit he was serving ridiculously well and squeezed the result in tie-breaks, it is something that should be noted.

Never-the-less, I genuinely believe this tie will come down to who wins the singles rubber between the females. For me 5.5 on Venus to beat Ivanovic is too good to pass up on.

USA to win the Hopman Cup (+450, $5.5 Unibet) 2.5x

Djoking

its too easy with usa - serbia
    Williams - Ivanovic 1-0
    Isner - Djokovich 1-1
    mixed doubles 2-1

overcome
    overcome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

im with you makinithappen! GL

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Luxbet is owned by tabcorp who owns the tab. Money is 100% safe

Optional

Well the Spanish sure looked more committed than i expected. If not convincing in beating the Saffies.

I'm going to take a pop on the Aussies to be more committed than the Krauts and scrape in their tie on the back of that too.

Ashleigh Barty* +300 vs Andrea Petkovic
    Bernard Tomic* +110 vs Tommy Haas

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Nice winners! Hope you played Barty at a 1set book!

Optional

Yes. And got Aussies to win tie at +350 too on betfair. Nice evening for me.

MakinItHappen

I really feel the Hopman cup will be decided by whoever wins out of Venus and Ivanovic. Cannot see how the Serbian's will get the better of the American pair in doubles, it's jus unforeseeable to me. Ana's serve is too weak and Novak's net skills are the weakest component to his game.

MakinItHappen

Schiavone on hard-courts at this moment is jus not working, her serving is all over the place and nothing seems to be working. She's been comfortably dispatched by relatively sub-standard player's in the ending to last season and really hasn't shown any sort of form since Wimbledon.

Ivanovic's game has always been a problem for Franny, for whatever reason or another. They've played on 4 occasions and Ana has won all 4 times.... One of those times being even on Franny's beloved clay. Their last two meetings have been comfortable victories in straight sets for Ana and I don't see why this time should be any different.

HYUNDAI HOPMAN CUP - Ana Ivanovic to beat Franny Schiiiiiiaaavvoooonneeeee 2-0 (-121.07 $1.826, Pinnacle)x2.5

What's everyone else's take on a straight sets sweep?

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by MakinItHappen View Post
    Schiavone on hard-courts at this moment is jus not working, her serving is all over the place and nothing seems to be working. She's been comfortably dispatched by relatively sub-standard player's in the ending to last season and really hasn't shown any sort of form since Wimbledon.

Ivanovic's game has always been a problem for Franny, for whatever reason or another. They've played on 4 occasions and Ana has won all 4 times.... One of those times being even on Franny's beloved clay. Their last two meetings have been comfortable victories in straight sets for Ana and I don't see why this time should be any different.

HYUNDAI HOPMAN CUP - Ana Ivanovic to beat Franny Schiiiiiiaaavvoooonneeeee 2-0 (-121.07 $1.826, Pinnacle)x2.5

What's everyone else's take on a straight sets sweep?

Djoking

See post #3. Yes =)

Djoking

Great tournament for Medina Garrigues!!!!!!!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Well the Spanish sure looked more committed than i expected.
    Too bad i didn't grab a future when i thought that. Think that where +2200 at time.