PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Stepanek +400

Ferrer's gotta be mentally drained, no? Had best year of his career, and still learned he can't party with the big boys even in his best form. I know dude is a "fighter", but if any game of his career could be a "letdown" this could be it. Lost his chance to be Spain #1, and crapped an egg against top talent when he had all the momentum. I'm not saying Stepanek will win but I'll take 5-1 odds that Ferrer has a let down in this spot.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stepanek had knee problems at the end of the year that led him to skip Paris. Plenty of rest, but he's almost four years Ferrer's senior. The surface will help him some perhaps, but I think he's do better to be playing an Almagro who wouldn't make him work in rallies. I like Over 37 better. I do think The Worm will take a set, but I don't see where Ferrer is drained at this point. The guy doesn't wear down. Not in London when fatigue would have killed about everyone else. He got a nice rest after London. Spaniards really relish playing for country IMO - at least the top dawgs like Nadal & Ferrer. If Steps wins, it's because he played marvelous tennis. I expect 100% effort from Ferrer.