Gnutti
    Gnutti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Ferrer +137???

What am I missing here?

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Fatigue...let-down spot after winning his first Masters. Very physically and mentally draining week for Ferrer while Del Potro tanked last week to have a good rest for the final event of the year. He has been very good recently, even beating Federer on IH surface - and I fully expect him to win, but not without a fight put up by Ferrer.

Gnutti

nothing so far

Sport_Fish

Yea I was stupid to think those b/s 'let-down' and 'fatigue' theories would apply to Ferrer.

At the same time, how could u expect Potro whos been solid recently, come out so damn flat.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Yea I was stupid to think those b/s 'let-down' and 'fatigue' theories would apply to Ferrer.

At the same time, how could u expect Potro whos been solid recently, come out so damn flat.
    Potro is playing great tennis. Blame his coach. This isn't the correct game plan needed to beat Ferrer. Del Potro is not gonna beat Ferrer from the baseline on this slow indoor hard. He needs a much quicker indoor court to do that and on this surface should be moving to the net a lot more or trying to end the points more quickly like he did in that second set.

Gnutti

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Potro is playing great tennis. Blame his coach. This isn't the correct game plan needed to beat Ferrer. Del Potro is not gonna beat Ferrer from the baseline on this slow indoor hard. He needs a much quicker indoor court to do that and on this surface should be moving to the net a lot more or trying to end the points more quickly like he did in that second set.
    That's true but I mean its a fact that Del Potro just can't move near as well on teh court as Ferrer. This guy HAS to rely on his power from the baseline, particularly his forehand. And when you've got someone like Ferrer whose moving that well, ppl like Del Potro can't end points quickly like you mentioned, and play well at the net. Exact problem Llodra faced - could not get the job done this way even though he's about as good of a player at the net as any atm and was in superb form.