PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Jack Sock -115 today in Challengers

Thoughts? He is -115 over Bobby Reynolds. He has been playing better quality opponents than Bobby and has been playing pretty well. I liked what little I've seen of him. Is this line simply that the makers looked at rankings and made Reynolds a slight favorite? (-125).

I am thinking of "unloading" on Sock. And by unloading I mean laying $100 my limit bet at 5 dimes before they move the price 5,000 points.

PharaohUB

Decided to put a hundo on him and Bradley Klahn -165

PharaohUB

LOL my bets moved Klahn to -200 and Sock to -145.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I think Sock wins...

PharaohUB

Available at -110. Still think its a great pick. People in this forum were all over Socks nuts a few weeks ago. Surprised more people are not on this.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Neither guy has played since the US Open, so there's a lot of guesswork involved in taking anyone. Sock has more talent, but Reynolds on any given day beats guys like him @ Challengers. Think it's a coin flip. Any result here would not be shocking.

PharaohUB

I don't see it as a coin flip. A younger guy trying to build a career not to mention he has been playing greet tennis lately is a huge advantage over a 30 year old of similar talent. I just think sock is not only more talented but will have more motivation to win. We will see I guess

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Problem is his "great tennis" was a month ago and if you look at his whole body of work this year, the US Open was the highlight in a fairly subpar year. Playing a small tourney like this at the end of the year - I do question motivation whereas Reynolds is in the same mode he is always in, working for a paycheck. Sock's biggest challenge is going to be figuring out how to grind through a full season. He's going to need to play more to build up his stamina and ranking so that he can get to the point where he isn't playing qualis to get into main draws or sucking up wildcard entries.

Match is about what you'd expect, lots of serving and no breaks so far.

PharaohUB

Lesson learned. Glad limits at five dined were only 100. Been doing extremely well capping tennis lately but understand it'd probably a lot of luck and really appreciate the advice from the experts. Doing my best to try to judge motivation. Sometimes u get it right sometimes you don't. Just trying to figure it out right now. Kahn won so my losses on challengers today was minimal.

PharaohUB

Ep thanks for Robredo pick last night btw!