EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday Night T-Ball

Marking these early so I don't forget when they snap off during MNF.

[Tokyo] Robredo +140
    This isn't just about the head-2-head which is what will probably draw a lot of people in with Robredo leading 7-1 all-time. I have made my point known that head-2-head older than two years doesn't offer that much help and that was the last time they played. What I am looking at here is motivation and surface switches. Robredo has been hammering the clay Challengers to work his ranking back up. Since June, he has cut off 300 some odd ranking spots which is phenomenal. Nieminen will get plenty of love after a good week indoors, but he's been a really underrated/solid indoor player over the years. Shifting back onto the outdoor courts though is where some weakness lies in his game. He's also have a bit of a wrist issue that he says effects some of his serving options, but not enough to be overly concerned perhaps for a whole match. Robredo for me is still more motivated to drive his ranking as close to 100 as possible and that means he needs wins.

[Beijing] Youzhny +130
    I'm a Youzhny mark for sure, but this is an interesting match with Haas. Haas draws the bigger favorite's tag by verge of a fantastic summer run. He hasn't played since the US Open, I think both bad and good. He needed a break, but he is a rhythm guy. His best results came when he was playing a lot of tennis back-2-back. He's certainly more than capable of coming out firing right away. Youzhny meanwhile got his best result since Wimbledon at his home tourney in St.Petersburg, losing in the semis to Klizan. It was a needed confidence boost after a run of poor results since the QF @ Wimbledon. Youzhny has the added bonus of playing on these courts before whereas Haas has not + Youzhny doesn't have Ljubicic to boot him out [2 straight years]. This for me is probably going to be a fairly entertaining match if Haas hits the courts in decent form ... but I think the potential rust on his game could give Youzhny an opening to steal a W if he plays at a high level.
    Points Awarded:

PharaohUB gave EaglesPhan36 60 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kobee24
    kobee24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for your insights. I don't know why but I've always had something against Nieminen, seeing the fact that you're on Robredo also made me lean towards him. Hopefully he'll cash in ..

EaglesPhan36

I like Nieminen generally. Anyone who blogs and gives out info on how they view their last matches, etc. is aces.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Agree on Haas being a rhythm guy. GL tonight. I'll be studying for my management science exam while scoreboard watching.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Love Robredo here as well...Nieminen is not very consistent and he should be in for a slight letdown here after a fairly decent performance in Bangkok.

EaglesPhan36

You can get Robredo at almost +180 @ 5Dimes right now in case anyone gives a shit.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I give a shit..
    Points Awarded:

EaglesPhan36 gave beefcake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Marking these early so I don't forget when they snap off during MNF.

[Tokyo] Robredo +140
    This isn't just about the head-2-head which is what will probably draw a lot of people in with Robredo leading 7-1 all-time. I have made my point known that head-2-head older than two years doesn't offer that much help and that was the last time they played. What I am looking at here is motivation and surface switches. Robredo has been hammering the clay Challengers to work his ranking back up. Since June, he has cut off 300 some odd ranking spots which is phenomenal. Nieminen will get plenty of love after a good week indoors, but he's been a really underrated/solid indoor player over the years. Shifting back onto the outdoor courts though is where some weakness lies in his game. He's also have a bit of a wrist issue that he says effects some of his serving options, but not enough to be overly concerned perhaps for a whole match. Robredo for me is still more motivated to drive his ranking as close to 100 as possible and that means he needs wins.

[Beijing] Youzhny +130
    I'm a Youzhny mark for sure, but this is an interesting match with Haas. Haas draws the bigger favorite's tag by verge of a fantastic summer run. He hasn't played since the US Open, I think both bad and good. He needed a break, but he is a rhythm guy. His best results came when he was playing a lot of tennis back-2-back. He's certainly more than capable of coming out firing right away. Youzhny meanwhile got his best result since Wimbledon at his home tourney in St.Petersburg, losing in the semis to Klizan. It was a needed confidence boost after a run of poor results since the QF @ Wimbledon. Youzhny has the added bonus of playing on these courts before whereas Haas has not + Youzhny doesn't have Ljubicic to boot him out [2 straight years]. This for me is probably going to be a fairly entertaining match if Haas hits the courts in decent form ... but I think the potential rust on his game could give Youzhny an opening to steal a W if he plays at a high level.
    I'm on both too! Let's put Tevari's book out of business! :-D

tevari

In all honesty, I probably will be out of points in about a week. Someone's going to hit me big.

PharaohUB

Haha it could go either way

tevari

Well, if I amass a huge mountain of points which I doubt, I'll eventually give them away to those on the forum who helped me, were kind to me, or lent a hand in any way. When (if) I start a family, I won't be handicapping sports anymore and my account here will be deleted...but we're talking 5 or 6 + years or so....so yea. Derp.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Well, if I amass a huge mountain of points which I doubt, I'll eventually give them away to those on the forum who helped me, were kind to me, or lent a hand in any way. When (if) I start a family, I won't be handicapping sports anymore and my account here will be deleted...but we're talking 5 or 6 + years or so....so yea. Derp.
    hope you can hold to that. i'm 28 and said that a few years ago. but for me its only got more fun as time goes on and becomes kind of a hobby.

PharaohUB

Good start for Robredo!

tevari

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    hope you can hold to that. i'm 28 and said that a few years ago. but for me its only got more fun as time goes on and becomes kind of a hobby.
    I hope you're betting real money w/ Robredo, as you bet your balance on Stepanek & Youzhny. And I agree w/ the above sentiment, but then again, I don't have an addictive personality and I don't think I'll miss any aspect of handicapping other than the short high it can give you when you hit a big play.

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Nice hit on robredo EP.

EaglesPhan36

I hope you're betting real money w/ Robredo, as you bet your balance on Stepanek & Youzhny. And I agree w/ the above sentiment, but then again, I don't have an addictive personality and I don't think I'll miss any aspect of handicapping other than the short high it can give you when you hit a big play.
    Masterbating with a cheese grater. You always miss that.

PharaohUB

Actually you are correct it was real money! I took real money Step + Robredo. Your book Step + youzhny. No rhyme or reason. Just don't like betting real money on a match happening while I'm sleeping. betpoints could care less .

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Follow Yohunzy

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Great call on Robredo man, tailed both ..Pullin for Youz

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Big break for Youhgnzy

kobee24
    kobee24's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I had said earlier I was leaning on Robredo and Eagles made me decide for sure, good call bro, thx again . You are the dog knower .

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was lookin' to buy a dog but didn't know which one. Got Robredo. Thanks EP.