KidSeoul
    KidSeoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

SEOUL TRAIN - Next Stop - ATP TENNIS

Decided to start a new thread since my other one was a bit misleading, with a date and last weeks tournament name in the title of the thread. This is where I will be posting all my future tennis plays. So to continue where I left off, I'm re-posting my last play from the other thread...which is set to start in a few minutes.

TUESDAY 9/25/12:

Well, had a good run last week till Davydenko got floored by Tsonga. But still was a good week overall and looking to keep it going!

Sorry for the late post, only 20 minutes till the match begins, but just won with the Seahawks and so I thought, hey, why not parlay it into more...especially since I thought the Seahawks were done and it was money lost.

So here goes:

Viktor Troicki vs Sergiy Stakhovsky

These two have faced off 4 times in the past. Troicki has won three of the four matches. Stakhovsky won their first meeting in 2008, but since then in 2009 and twice in 2011, Troicki has beaten Stakhovsky in straight sets all three times.

Simply put, I see Troicki continuing his dominance over his recent doubles partner at the US Open and winning this in straight sets. The ML for Troicki looked good at -182 but the UNDER 22.5 (-112) look like a much better value, so here it is:

Wager Type : Straight Bet

Sport : ATP Tennis
    Selection : S STAKHOVSKY/V TROICKI 9/25/2012 1:10 AM - (EST)
    Total Points UNDER 22½ -112 for Match
    Amount : Risking 225 To Win 200 USD

Current Record: 10-4 +9.75

Feel like I'm playing with the houses money after the MNF game so time to go in for the kill! Let's get this people! BOL to everyone!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stak's form is much better since the last meetings against Troicki. He's also a big server so taking the under is very risky. Troicki doesnt have enough weapons to straight set Stak again.
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 09-25-12 at 02:11 AM.

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Any thoughts on GGL over tomic fellas. I realy want to fadw bernie here

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Stak's form is much better since the last meetings against Troicki. He's also a big server so taking the under is very risky. Troicki doesnt have enough weapons to straight set Stak again.
    Good call Magic!

kobee24
    kobee24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just missed your play bro, sorry for your loss, I'm sure you'll get back on track. My two cents is to stay away from over under right now, as Stosur went on to three sets as did Verdasco now, but huge favorites at start. ML play is much more safe..BOL!

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty107 View Post
    About to do a short write up.

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by kobee24 View Post
    Just missed your play bro, sorry for your loss, I'm sure you'll get back on track. My two cents is to stay away from over under right now, as Stosur went on to three sets as did Verdasco now, but huge favorites at start. ML play is much more safe..BOL!
    Thanks Kobe! And yeah, it seems like all the matches are going the distance. GL to you as well!

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty107 View Post
    Actually, after a bit more research, I'm not touching this one. It certainly is a coin flip and both have been playing decently as of late. I like the fact that GGL has made it to the second round eleven times out of the last fifteen so as the dog, there is some value there but not enough for me to lay down anything. BOL!

kobee24

What do you think of a A. Radwanska, Gabashvili and Wozniacki parlay? I think it should cash in.

KidSeoul

What do you think of a A. Radwanska, Gabashvili and Wozniacki parlay? I think it should cash in.
    They all look good to me! I'm on Wozniacki too. About to do the write up! BOL !!!

KidSeoul

ADDED PLAY:

Argh!!! Just did a nice write-up and then I hit submit but it refreshes and I lose it. So annoying!

Caroline Wozniacki vs Daniela Hantuchova

So in essence I explained why Wozniacki is playing great tennis and how Hantuchova isn't. How Woz has beaten Hantuchova 4 out of 5 times that they've met. How Woz beats her in straight sets, etc.. Sorry but I'm frustrated and need to get a few zzz's before work.

And as per Kobe's advice, sticking to the ML:

Sport : WTA Tennis
    Selection : C. WOZNIACKI 9/25/2012 6:55 AM - (EST)
    Money Line -402 for Match
    Amount : Risking 804 To Win 200 USD

Current Record 10-5 +7.5

BOL everyone and let's get this train back on track!

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

I parlayed Woz & A. Rad. To bad about that write-up. Next time!

kobee24

And we cash in . My parlay came also Gabashvili, A. Rad. and Woz ). Good way to start the day!

bane

I put a small amount on Tomic, only b/c he is 15-9 on hard courts YTD. Too nervous to do a serious wager after he tanked US Open and seemed cavalier about it.

KidSeoul

And we cash in . My parlay came also Gabashvili, A. Rad. and Woz ). Good way to start the day!
    Nice start!! Keep it going!

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by bane View Post
    I put a small amount on Tomic, only b/c he is 15-9 on hard courts YTD. Too nervous to do a serious wager after he tanked US Open and seemed cavalier about it.

I could see this match going both ways too so I stayed away. Good job on your play!

bane

Thanks! On the flip, Dimitrov is about to bury me.

Just saw he squeezed out a win. Lucky me.
    Last edited by bane; 09-25-12 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Slow Internet- damn hour behind "live" scores

KidSeoul

WEDNESDAY 9/26/12

Jarkko Nieminen vs Philipp Petzschner

These two have squared off once before in 2009 on indoor hard courts. Petz took that match in straight sets.
    Fast forward two years later, and both haven't really done much. Neither have gotten very deep into any tourneys recently and both seem consistent against top tier opponents. Only difference is Petz has seemed to face stiffer challenges overall this year and even won a few.
    I know Nieminen is ranked #38 in the world while Petz is ranked #86 but this year, which also might explain the ML for this match. But seeing how both are playing rather similarly and Petz playing the better matches in the past 6 months, I like the value Petz brings at +132:

Selection : P. PETZSCHNER 9/26/2012 9:20 AM - (EST)
    Money Line +132 for Match
    Amount : Risking 100 To Win 132 USD

Current Record: 11-5 +9.5

Looking to keep this train on course! BOL to everyone!

kobee24

It was risky going on Petz against Nieminen, although I didn't follow the match guess he gave up after the tie-break. Anyway let's look forward, I'm thinking of going with Errani and Sharapova for later on, you have any thoughts for those matches Seoul?

bane

I really like Errani after comparing Errani & Petrova's last 2 opponents.
    Errani just handled a more skilled player (Bartoli) in 2 sets. While Petrova slogged through one too many break points over 3 sets with a lesser player like Martic. Errani has better stats than Petrova but it's their last 2 matches that make me think Petrova doesn't have the juice to hang.

Take that worth a grain from a noob. I like hearing what you guys have to say so I'll try to contribute once in a while.

KidSeoul

Hey fellas! I'm actually going to Singapore for work the next four days. I will be back monday and will continue then! BOL guys!

nosaij
    nosaij's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7131

Quote Originally Posted by KidSeoul View Post
    Hey fellas! I'm actually going to Singapore for work the next four days. I will be back monday and will continue then! BOL guys!
    nice. if you have time, visit Marina Sands Bay, top floor pool

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by nosaij View Post
    nice. if you have time, visit Marina Sands Bay, top floor pool
    Thanks for the recommendation! I will try if I have time.

kobee24

Quote Originally Posted by KidSeoul View Post
    Have fun bro, hope you have a great time! See you in a couple of days.

KidSeoul

TUESDAY OCTOBER 2, 2012

So I just flew back in last night. And wow, what a unmemorable trip. Albeit, it was for work, I was sick for 3 out of the 4 days that I was there. I had food poisoning and literally was stuck in the hotel due to feeling extremely weak and also having to run to the bathroom any moment. Totally sucked. I was really looking forward to exploring but instead just watched a bunch of channels that I couldn't understand and couldn't eat for the fear of feeling worse.

Oh well, I'm back now in the good ol US of A and ready to continue where I left off!

Yen-Hsun Lu vs. David Ferrer

These two faced off once on hard court two years ago at the exact same venue, the China Open, that they are facing each other today. And Lu gave Ferrer quite a good battle taking the match to the 3rd set. And today most of the matches are going to the third set so I don't see the trend changing. The Over/Under for this match is 19.5, with the favorable value sitting on the, you guessed it, Over at +102.

Selection : Y. LU/D. FERRER 10/2/2012 8:45 AM - (EST)
    Total Points OVER 19½ +102 for Match
    Amount : Risking 150 To Win 153 USD

Current Record: 11-6 +8.5
    Bol gentleman! And it's good to be back home!

KidSeoul

Awww...Ferrer retires after being down 5-4 to Lu in the 1st. So my bets a wash. That's the only thing I can't stand about wagering on tennis!

KidSeoul

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 10, 2012

Tipsarevic vs Troicki

Last minute write up so my apologies fellas. These two faced each other twice before. Each won once at the same venue, with Troicki winning in straight sets in 2008 and Tipsy returning the favor of winning in straight sets in 2011. Both have been playing average tennis as of late. Troicki is coming off a nice victory against Youzhny and I like the chances of him continuing that play against Tipsy today. And with Troicki at +325, I thought this was great value for the circumstances. Playing half a unit on this:

Selection : Viktor Troicki 10/10/2012 7:30 AM - (EST)
    Money Line +325 for Match
    Amount : Risking 50 To Win 162 USD

Current Record: 11-6 +8.5

Took a short break from tennis, basically due to football and baseball, but have to get back to my bread and butter!

Just the first stop on today's schedule. Looking at a bunch of other matches as well. Write ups to follow shortly. BOL everyone!

kobee24

Welcome back Seoul, I'm still trying to digest the Gasquet loss, Stepanek basically played the match of his life, incredible. BOL on your play!

KidSeoul

Welcome back Seoul, I'm still trying to digest the Gasquet loss, Stepanek basically played the match of his life, incredible. BOL on your play!
    Hey Kobe! Thanks! I basically know Troicki will most likely lose but I had to take him with all that value.
    And yeah that was truly a surreal match for Step. I'm curious to see what odds makers do in his next match.

KidSeoul

ADDED PLAY:

Azarenka vs Rus

Well, we have #1 vs #69 in the world. Azarenka is devastatingly good on hard courts, 154-49, and is 28-17 on indoor hard courts. She is coming off a win on indoor hard courts, at the China Open last week, in which she did not lose a single set and totally annihilated Sharapova in the final 6-3, 6-1. Rus is 6-18 on hard courts and 0-1 on indoor hard courts. Her last match, nearly three weeks ago at the Hansol Korea Open, was a massacre at the hands of Wozniacki 2-6, 1-6. I expect more of the same today. The young Dutch will not be able to win but a few games against the #1 player in the world.

Sport : WTA Tennis
    Selection : Victoria Azarenka 10/10/2012 9:30 AM - (EST)
    Spread -7½ -114 for Match
    Amount : Risking 114 To Win 100 USD

BOL everyone!

KidSeoul

UPDATE:

Troicki was broken twice in the first set and Tipsy took advantage winning 6-2.

Hope Troicki can hold service and get the second set!

KidSeoul

UPDATE:

Troicki is a nice fella. It's the second time he's had to say something to the linesman about someone in the crowd disturbing the match. But this time he asks the patron directly, "please sir, could you not disturb the match...thank you, shay shay, thank you."

Good sport.

KidSeoul

UPDATE:

Well it was certainly and entertaining match between Troicki and Tipsy. Troicki certainly had his chances to win the second set with 6 set points but Tipsy played well and was relentless. Troicki goes down 6-2, 7-6.

Current Record: 11-7 +8

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I don't play the Asian swing very much Kid. Too many upsets I have seen year after year. Trying the bigger dogs are not a bad idea. I hope you do well though sir in all your plays for the tennis.

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    I don't play the Asian swing very much Kid. Too many upsets I have seen year after year. Trying the bigger dogs are not a bad idea. I hope you do well though sir in all your plays for the tennis.
    I know what you mean Dmoney, hence my Troicki play today. Thanks though! I will keep on truckin through until basketball season gets here!

12 Last