Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Laura Robson +1200 to win WTA Guangzhou

I actually bet this at pinnacle about an hour ago and it's down to +1050, still +1200 at Bet365 though. Why not? This kid is a future top player (in my opinion obviously) and has had her breakthrough at the USO. Absolutely love her game. The only player I see in this draw whom I really consider better than her is Marion Bartoli, so I hedged on her a bit at +351. They can only meet in the final which suits me just fine.

£50 to win £600 on Robson
    £15 to win £52.65 on Bartoli

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

i feel zheng, robson's potential next round opponent, is a very bad match up for robson.
    she can draw lots of ue from the kid playing her usually consistent groundies and also bartoli usually goes out in either 1st or 2nd round in tourneys played right before/after slams

however, if she can get by zheng, she can go far

as per bartoli, she's focked people repeatedly in the ass by losing from a seemingly impossible position to throw a match

Seto

i watched zheng during the uso and she looked awful. very lucky that razzano got injured halfway through that 1st round match and started to fold because zheng was getting bullied. although i will admit i did not see the next match she won pretty easily.

let's put it this way - if robson is on her game, she will beat zheng imo. way better serve, big shots, and has finally seemingly got that ability to come up in the clutch at the USO. if she's going to have a sam stosur like fukk up and have 50 unforced errors, then so be it.

the bartoli hedge is just in case they meet in the final. i would not want to be in a position where if i hedge i have to hedge on -200 odds or so.

statdude
    always sweating
    statdude's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Robson as underrated. GL

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by statdude View Post
    I like Robson as underrated. GL
    thanks

Seto

holy fukk down to +637 at Pinny. this is already a first victory as far as i'm concerned. +1000 still at bet365

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Good bet, it's usual for players to have let downs after major breakthroughs though, either in beating top ranked players or doing well in a big tournament. Interested to see how Robson goes.

gaebiskon

as expected, fartoli retired in today's 1st round match, what a retarded french feck

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    Good bet, it's usual for players to have let downs after major breakthroughs though, either in beating top ranked players or doing well in a big tournament. Interested to see how Robson goes.
    That's true especially in WTA. However, I think Robson really is a stud and this is a great opportunity to get a tournament win for her. She probably will go cold eventually, but I don't think it happens straight away. Either way, +1200 for the player whom I considered the 2nd best in the tournament was too good to pass up.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by gaebiskon View Post
    as expected, fartoli retired in today's 1st round match, what a retarded french feck
    Lol. So typical, as u said I should've seen this one coming. Oh well, I was rooting for her to lose anyway as it's good for my Robson bet so I'm not disappointed at all at the end of the day.

Seto

n°1 fave for the tourney at pinny now tied with zheng. if she wins tomorrow will be clear fave

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

That's a great bet in my opinion. But don't make this bet on Pinnacle (all-in). Make it where you can get your money back in case your player withdraws and most importantly, where you can get 1/2 odds for 2nd place.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    That's a great bet in my opinion. But don't make this bet on Pinnacle (all-in). Make it where you can get your money back in case your player withdraws and most importantly, where you can get 1/2 odds for 2nd place.
    That was a bit annoying yeah. Maybe I should've made it on 365, they had the same price (+1200). But for a tournament like that, can you really find a bookie that was offering 1/2 odds for 2nd place? I'll admit I didn't really look but I doubt it.

Btw does anyone know how to watch this shit? First tournament where I find literally ZERO streams.

Seto

Good win there. should be +250 at most now i think. More like +200.

Shame I couldn't watch a thing though, but I hear semis and final will be on the WTA Channel.

Seto

2 more!

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent selection, well done, she is certainly one for the future and I hope she goes all the way. There is talk of her recent success being down to being around murray.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by TennisProFrance View Post
    Excellent selection, well done, she is certainly one for the future and I hope she goes all the way. There is talk of her recent success being down to being around murray.
    thanks man, i hope she comes through. will finally be able to see a match of this damn tournament today lol. hopefully yesterday's 3 hours on court don't start to take their toll.

yes it certainly must have helped to be around andy. however, she's always had game, she won wimbledon junior as a 14-year old, when usually most junior winners are at least 16 and more like 17-18 i think. she's always looked good on a few matches just couldn't win the big points and come up in the clutch. that's finally turning around now and maybe andy's helped.

Creole
    Creole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 792

It's more the fact that Andy's fitness coach has been working with her since Wimbledon this year.

Anyway, her game is being streamed on bet365 now, good luck guys.

gaebiskon

great, great bet, congrats
    looks like she's gonna beat cirstea then hsieh in the final

Seto

Very impressive stuff. Only thing I ever really have to complain about in her game is that 2nd serve, doesn't win her enough points and doubles too much. If you're not going to get many free pts on 2nd serve you can't double that much. Other than that,

1 more to go

thanks for the support guys

Seto

Wow. Pulling an absolute stinker there. About 50 unforced errors, 15 double faullts, and 12% first serves in probably

Seto

Just took her +600 to win WTA Osaka. Gonna win one eventually

This time though I did the smart thing and bet it at 365, so 1/2 odds if she loses in final. Dunno if they had that for Guangzhou but if they did I hate myself.

Pinocchio

Yeah, they did, but make sure you click on the EW button and make two wagers, one to win and one for second place. I hope you don't think your single bet for an outright winner already has 1/2 odds for 2nd place built in (based on the information displayed in bet history one would think exactly that)... to make matters worse, if such a bet (with no EW second wager) was part of a parlay, it would be graded as PLACED - this term doesn't look like it means the same as LOSS, but in this case that's what it is...
    Last edited by Pinocchio; 10-07-12 at 05:33 PM.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Yeah, they did, but make sure you click on the EW button and make two wagers, one to win and one for second place. I hope you don't think your single bet for an outright winner already has 1/2 odds for 2nd place built in (based on the information displayed in bet history one would think exactly that)... to make matters worse, if such a bet (with no EW second wager) was part of a parlay, it would be graded as PLACED - this term doesn't look like it means the same as LOSS, but in this case that's what it is...
    thanks for the heads up. looks like i'm fukked again. sigh. i'll see what i can do.

Seto

that said, she ain't losing in that final if she makes it most likely. and i'll take +600 any day when the most credible adversary is someone who has won 3 career titles as a 28-year old and is the single most overrated player on tour. match at us open way closer than score indicates. if they meet in semis i'll likely add a wager.

Seto

wait a sec, when i click on E/W, the "to win" is only £100 (i'm betting £50)... am i missing something here? how does this E/W thing even work?

Pinocchio

Don't put any numbers anywhere and click on EW. Then type your wager amount, you will be betting twice that amount (to the left of your amount it will say 2@unit risk), so if you want to put $10 on player X to win and $10 to get half odds for 2nd place, you'll be entering $10 only (will say below that your total you are risking is $20).

If you first enter an amount and check the EW option after, certain numbers automatically show in the 'to win' section. I don't know why. Same if you add a few runners to your parlay and then enter your wager amount, but before accepting the bet you enter another runner. If you now accept the bet, it's not a parlay anymore. Your wager amount automatically jumped one bracket higher into the round robin section or whatever bet was indicated one line above the correct one. Unbelieveable glitch for a house like bet365.

Bet365 refuse to look at this. It cost me some money one time when I added 5 runners, entered my bet amount in the parlay section then before accepting the bet, added one more runner. Instead of making a 6 runner parlay I (their software actually) made '5 play parlays' at 6 times the wager amount. My entered amount automatically jumped from the parlay section where it was first entered to one bracket above it.
    Last edited by Pinocchio; 10-07-12 at 08:05 PM.

Seto

oh ok, so then i have to risk more... sucks. i'll leave that alone then, don't think it's a +EV move for this tournament.

Seto

put some on schiavone +1200 too. +1200 lmao. zheng sucks. sheepers sucks. easily the best player in that half of the draw and she can play with both robson and stosur in the final.

£20 on Schiavone +1200
    £50 on Robson +600

Hopefully they meet in final.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I'm on Robson tonight vs Danilidou but I don't feel that great about her. I don't see her winning this tourney.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Robson takes her first match 6-4 6-2 over Danilidou

Seto

I guess it'll have to wait for 2013.

Couldn't see the match cause it's bloody shown nowhere but given the scoreline and the way the score evolved I think I would've been left fuming.

I think the odds had decent value but maybe I should've laid off and accepted she was done for the year after Guangzhou loss. Because of the lack of streams in Asia hadn't seen her play since that final so admittedly a little mistake on my part. Although +700 given the draw would under normal circumstances have value.

Seto

Unreal. Looks like Watson may be the one to finally break our miserable streak.

Didn't see that one coming.