shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    I'll tell you what I'm sick to death of this argument. Human beings compete for territory. Always have. Those aboriginals wiped out pigmy neanderthals or whoever inhabited it before them. Native Americans fought other tribes and took their lands when they were vanquished. Before that they wiped out the cro magnons or whatever other humanoid inhabited it before.

But when white people conquer territory the history and society they build should just become worthless and open to invasion I guess.
    The problem I have is that you use words like "invasion". Is that seriously how you think about people who aren't white who are immigrants?

I'll tell you something: I lived in several European countries for quite a long time before moving to Australia. The two that were the most racist were Norway and Germany. Germany against I guess the stereotypical targets so while it bothered me, it was never personal. In Norway however, it was against those same targets and then people like me. A very white chick who happens to have olive skin so in the summer I tan very easily. It would only be when I'd either start talking Norwegian to certain people or explain where I was from that things would relax. It's a shithouse feeling but at least in the case of Norway I could kind of understand it more although I didn't agree. That isn't a country founded on immigrants. They were never 'taken over'. They're very closed off and prefer to ship money to foreign countries in aid rather than have certain ethnicities enter their country. But it's a very different story for countries like Australia, Canada and the US.

You might see it differently and I respect that. I'll always advocate for strong and thorough immigration policies no matter where I live... despite my being an immigrant for a big chunk of my recent life. Letting everyone in - and funnily enough there are more white v i s a overstayers here from Britain, the US, Canada and Europe than there is immigrants from everywhere else every year - is a sure fire way for a country to suddenly find itself unable to support its' citizens let alone new arrivals. Especially in a country like Australia where if I qualified I could be claiming $2500 a month as a single parent from the government until my son was 8, discounts on all bills, get the majority of child care paid for, etc. The more people you spread those programs amongst, the more it gets diluted for those who truly need it. But I will never support a decision based on skin colour. That shit is pot luck. I'd prefer to evaluate the person/family and determine if they will or at least want to contribute to and engage in the country they want to move to. Nothing to do with what level of sun screen they need.
    Last edited by shari91; 09-03-12 at 03:15 PM.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme82 View Post
    So it's ok to take your bugs somewhere but if someone else does the same you get to bitch about it?
    You're missing the point. I'm not bitching about people wanting to move somewhere for a better life, I'm bitching about people who villainize a culture intent on preserving itself (just like the rest of the world is allowed to do) and simultaneously glorifies societies in the past who tried to do the same against white people but were unsuccessful.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    The problem I have is that you use words like "invasion". Is that seriously how you think about people who aren't white who are immigrants?

I'll tell you something: I lived in several European countries for quite a long time before moving to Australia. The two that were the most racist were Norway and Germany. Germany against I guess the stereotypical targets so while it bothered me, it was never personal. In Norway however, it was against those same targets and then people like me. A very white chick who happens to have olive skin so in the summer I tan very easily. It would only be when I'd either start talking Norwegian to certain people or explain where I was from that things would relax. It's a shithouse feeling but at least in the case of Norway I could kind of understand it more although I didn't agree. That isn't a country founded on immigrants. They were never 'taken over'. They're very closed off and prefer to ship money to foreign countries in aid rather than have certain ethnicities enter their country. But it's a very different story for countries like Australia, Canada and the US.

You might see it differently and I respect that. I'll always advocate for strong and thorough immigration policies no matter where I live... despite my being an immigrant for a big chunk of my recent life. Letting everyone in - and funnily enough there are more white v i s a overstayers here from Britain, the US, Canada and Europe than there is immigrants from everywhere else every year - is a sure fire way for a country to suddenly find itself unable to support its' citizens let alone new arrivals. Especially in a country like Australia where if I qualified I could be claiming $2500 a month as a single parent from the government until my son was 8, discounts on all bills, get the majority of child care paid for, etc. The more people you spread those programs amongst, the more it gets diluted for those who truly need it. But I will never support a decision based on skin colour. That shit is pot luck. I'd prefer to evaluate the person/family and determine if they will or at least want to contribute to and engage in the country they want to move to. Nothing to do with what level of sun screen they need.
    strange shari, that's just how your buddies at gamelive feel - DON'T LET EVERYONE IN

i prefer to help those that want to be here (sbr, usa) rather than find a reason to kick them out

why even have a forum (or a country) if everyone is gonna be the same or act the same? might as well just talk to yourself, it would be just as interesting

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    strange shari, that's just how your buddies at gamelive feel - DON'T LET EVERYONE IN

i prefer to help those that want to be here (sbr, usa) rather than find a reason to kick them out

why even have a forum (or a country) if everyone is gonna be the same or act the same? might as well just talk to yourself, it would be just as interesting
    What a strange thread - now we have gamelive in here?

I think the problem was you popped over to bitch about SBR after there had been an onslaught of disgruntled former SBR posters in the 48hrs preceding you. Despite what some like to say - and I know many more lurk there than like to admit so they'd have to concede this fact - that place isn't SBR focused. New people join quite regularly. Some stay, some are just there to tout, some are there to bitch at me about SBR, some are there to troll. Whatever. But it's just a group of friends talking about crap, some sports related a lot of it not.

Not that you'd want to - and I don't blame you now - but if you went there in a few days after the memory of all of that other crap had died down and random SBR strays weren't attacking John, Opie and myself out of the blue I think you'd have a very different reception. The people are definitely not all kumbaya there... sometimes they even argue quite ferociously and those arguments takes ages to get resolved if ever. But the SBR stuff is just mind numbing because it's never a constructive conversation. It's always just ppl bitching - either about being banned or about SBR itself. Who wants to hear that??

milwaukee mike

i wanted to see if people were genuinely mad at sbr

turns out they were just mad at people bitching about sbr and took it way too seriously, didn't get the point of what i was doing (other than iifold and archie)

"oh no milwaukee mike is here and he posts in players talk so he must be an idiot let's all call him names like 5 year olds would do until he leaves"

shari91

i wanted to see if people were genuinely mad at sbr

turns out they were just mad at people bitching about sbr and took it way too seriously, didn't get the point of what i was doing (other than iifold and archie)

"oh no milwaukee mike is here and he posts in players talk so he must be an idiot let's all call him names like 5 year olds would do until he leaves"
    To be fair they were watching me get hammered by a slew of names that we all know aren't the most welcome at any forum. And those same people were going at John and Opie too which regardless of anything that has happened or what some might assume those GL'rs think, they're not kids over there. They'd never say that crap themselves about those two so who would want to hear it from randoms who just came there to cry? Most of them don't even know who Opie is. Add in that SBR is rarely mentioned to begin with and it just got a bit too yuck with some of the things being said.

I think you were just a product of bad timing maybe. If you had watched it all a bit more and looked at the names (and post count/join dates) of those making those comments, you'd see the horrible reception they were getting. Unfortunately RJ was travelling so they got more air time than they normally would have but that wasn't for lack of most of regulars still asking for those guys to get banned. Just a weird set of circumstances all around.

milwaukee mike

no need in defending them and it was ridiculous that no poster there stopped the assault, even though i was goofing around

the true character of a person is whether they can be nice and stay classy, even if they're grouchy

in that the entire community of gamelive failed miserably and should be ashamed of themselves, even patting themselves on the back for coming over here and attacking me with 100 hurtful posts

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I'm not so sure you just don't notice the racial problems more because they are different than you were used to growing up with in Germany, Norway and Australia Shari.

I do know what you mean about supposedly normal acting people sending invites for anti-immigration and straight out racist facebook groups. Blows me away too that people would just assume so many people feel the same way it's fine to associate themselves with that stuff.

I say that because from my long distance contact with Americans I am left with the impression they are one of the most racially sensitive and divided nation there is.

I often think to myself an Australian focused gambling forum, with all the same degen types as here, would never have so many racial slurs and comments. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's genuinely how it seems to me.
    Last edited by Optional; 09-03-12 at 04:32 PM.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

no need in defending them and it was ridiculous that no poster there stopped the assault, even though i was goofing around

the true character of a person is whether they can be nice and stay classy, even if they're grouchy

in that the entire community of gamelive failed miserably and should be ashamed of themselves, even patting themselves on the back for coming over here and attacking me with 100 hurtful posts
    Unreal.

Mikey, just how far is ur head able to reach up ur own arse pal??

milwaukee mike

coochy you got a problem with me?

i post nothing but winners and entertaining videos

shari91

I'm not defending anyone. They did nothing that warrants being defended.

You signed up to a new forum to ask if people wanted to see you get banned at SBR by going off on jj. The audience there didn't care.

Not a big deal but I'm not sure what kind of reaction you were hoping for. Either you didn't know much at all about GL which would make wonder why you'd think to go over and post in the first place or you misjudged the people who post there.

Either way I'm sure you've figured out by now that that kind of stuff is better left at SBR because people there simply couldn't be bothered. Not for a good or bad reason but because they simply don't.

Anyway, you said you were done with this topic and then jumped into a conversation about racial situations in various countries to discuss GL again today. Not sure why you keep thinking about it but please trust me when I say you are the only on who still was. Hopefully now it can die.

milwaukee mike

only discussed it as a comparison shari, cuz they were saying pt is full of idiots and I think so what?
    they are just trying to have fun and talk about sports

milwaukee is full of minorities but so what? They are just trying to survive and have a little fun like the rest of us

sorry I really had no intention of bringing it back up and shouldn't have mentioned it

ACoochy

coochy you got a problem with me?

i post nothing but winners and entertaining videos
    No problem with you. Just stop it with the 'il tell my side of the story and not the whole story' brand snitching...

Mikey, keep on winning and enjoy the streak while it lasts...

milwaukee mike

fair enough coochy i have always liked you.

tried to send you a pm but it's full

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1827

Where are the pictures of hot tennis babes? I am not reading all this garbage

ACoochy

fair enough coochy i have always liked you.

tried to send you a pm but it's full
    MM we all have our moments...

MM is good ppl
    Just cleared up inbox so try that PM again...cheers

milwaukee mike

picture of errani beating kerber

might not be hot, but most important victory of the day

First 12