EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer-Murray Gold Medal Weather Watch

Not good news perhaps for Andy Murray/Murray backers. Match is scheduled to start 2pm local time. 2-5pm calls for 50-60% chance of rain. That means if it doesn't start out closed, chances are the roof is going to be closed at some point during this match. We know obviously that the indoor conditions will help Federer out quite a bit.

My own opinion is that Murray would be better off if the match began with the roof closed and stayed closed without the threat of switching from outdoor to indoor at some point. I think you can better prepare for an entire match played in one set of conditions over switching mid-match.

My own thoughts as usual, pay the juice for Over 3.5 sets @ -225 and parlay it with something else tomorrow. Perhaps straight up with Djokovic @ -325.

Anywho, that's your Jim Cantore update. Suck it.

757sFinest
    757sFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Judging from the match against Joker, doesn't Murray's form seem to be somewhat better that a month ago?

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Murray can take the first or second set, he'll win. Fed is mentally drained and I dont think he can handle another long grueling match especially a five setter. If Fed can't get a high percentage of first serves in, it's gold medal time for Murray. Fitness edge goes heavily to Murray at this stage of the game. That Wimbledon loss has helped Murray's mental game and confidence immensely....he'll be ready.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Jim cantore never says suck it . Great job ep.We need some weather girls in this thread, couldnt find much in the anglo department.Latino weather girls have the corner on this market

Last one is fundamentalist Iranian weathercast I think

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post

winner

EaglesPhan36

We shall see. Again, these are the matches where everyone wants to play armchair psychiatrist to pick a winner. Think it is easier to go with totals, etc. instead and let the rest sort itself out.

One thing I have learned is you never underestimate someone who has won the big matches before vs. someone who has not. Not saying Federer takes it definitely, but this is someone who has been there, done that dozens of times before. Guys who have been in this position that many times know how to have the quick memory loss on whatever transpired in their last match.

I'm torn from a personal standpoint. Be nice to see Roger get the elusive thing in his career, but I also have a soft spot for Murray with his track record of near misses ... hard to root against either guy IMO and perhaps would be a fitting win for Andy to get this after what we saw @ Wimbledon. He definitely deserves it, but deserving something and earning it are altogether different. I think most of me wants to see him get it done on Sunday because another failure "on home soil" could be a real detriment. I really don't see how you can question his ability and desire at this point with how he has played the last two months ... but he really needs that statement win to prove it.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

another stupid weather assesment by EP

Fed wins outdoors or indoors. he is ahead of Mug in indoor conditions or w/o with the elements.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree I find it very easy to root against Murray.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I find much better value in the Haas/Dolgopolov match if you're thinking about laying money. Still waiting on the books to post a line on it. I've already got this one capped.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    another stupid weather assesment by EP

Fed wins outdoors or indoors. he is ahead of Mug in indoor conditions or w/o with the elements.
    Everyone knows who you and Lou love or whom you love. I'm sure my posts aren't as insightful as "Why Does Nadal fly coach" ... sorry, next time I'll ask why does Federer fly private and maybe it will meet your criteria of importance.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beefcake

freshguy222
    freshguy222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8359

will you post for us what you have capped? line is -135 haas

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Eaglesphan is right. Just pick Over 3½ and enjoy the game. Parlayed Over 3½ Sets with Tommy Haas, GL!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

They just opened the roof.

757sFinest

Well at least Johnny Mac agreed with me.lol

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    If Murray can take the first or second set, he'll win. Fed is mentally drained and I dont think he can handle another long grueling match especially a five setter. If Fed can't get a high percentage of first serves in, it's gold medal time for Murray. Fitness edge goes heavily to Murray at this stage of the game. That Wimbledon loss has helped Murray's mental game and confidence immensely....he'll be ready.
    Like I said, Fed has come out looking physically and mentally tired already and its only first set. That grueling match with Delpo definitely took its toll.....still only second set here but I'll stick to my guns of what I said before, Murray will not lose this match now that he's got the first set.

flipside2469
    flipside2469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

Good stuff MDF. What's the tennis play later today?

Like I said, Fed has come out looking physically and mentally tired already and its only first set. That grueling match with Delpo definitely took its toll.....still only second set here but I'll stick to my guns of what I said before, Murray will not lose this match now that he's got the first set.

ChrisJ
    ChrisJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1129

I find much better value in the Haas/Dolgopolov match if you're thinking about laying money. Still waiting on the books to post a line on it. I've already got this one capped.
    What are betting for this game MDF?

757sFinest

Quote Originally Posted by 757sFinest View Post
    Judging from the match against Joker, doesn't Murray's form seem to be somewhat better that a month ago?
    lol