riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Murray over Federer in the final!!!??

Love Murray to get revenge here at HOME! Whooooooooooos with me? Should be a dog right?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I got him +750 in futures
    so personally i have no reason to add

riffraff24

NICE!! Good luck bro

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also agree with this. If the roof didn't close in the previous match, I think Murray would have took that match convincingly.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Gotta like him even though he is THE choke artist in men's tennis today, Federer will be tired, but not exhausted because he has a full day and a half rest... Del Potro ALWAYS pulls the best games out of Federer, but getting a near 5 hr match is absurd.

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forgot it is best of 5... eek not sure if Murray can do that. Should really be best of 3 - why switch is to determine a winner?

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Quote Originally Posted by mdfizzle View Post
    Forgot it is best of 5... eek not sure if Murray can do that. Should really be best of 3 - why switch is to determine a winner?
    Normally that change would favor Federer...but in addition to Murray increasing his endurance over the past year, Federer essentially played the same match format with Del Potro by virtue of that last ridiculous set.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Murray will absolutely win.

It is the way of things. I don't think it possible that he loses in the hometown hero role a second time.

It is the perfect situation to back Andy

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Hangoverblack View Post
    Come on now! "Absolutely"? Just dont say the L word

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Love Murray to get revenge here at HOME! Whooooooooooos with me? Should be a dog right?
    cant believe murray was +150 vs djoker. that was a easy choice. Murray should win vs federer no problem.Murray has looked great,i think fed is mentally exhausted after that match vs del potro. Couldnt believe de potro man, i dont think ive ever seen him play that well

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Revenge plus the gold medal in London at Wimbledon! Hell yeah! Magic coming here. The fact he took down the Joker is insane. Guy is playing out of his mind.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

FED looked awful today, the guy couldnt hit a shot at net to save his life. bottom line, Fed is beatable and Murray better take advantage because you wont usually catch Fed playing "just ok" on grass.

I like Murray as well

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hangoverblack View Post

It is the way of things. I don't think it possible that he loses in the hometown hero role a second time.

It is the perfect situation to back Andy

perfect rookie gambler logic = Fed all the way

unreal how Fed is killing it on tour this year, owns Wimbledon grass (lost 3 times in last 10 years), just punked the same opponent a few wks ago... and you're all coming up w/ Murray (the guy who has lost every big match in his life in demolitions) .... "is going to win b/c Great Britian deserves and it's his destiny"... or whatever fallacious reasoning you can come up with

this has Fed prints all over it. and you get Fed over 5 sets.

17-7 in GS finals

vs Rafa? 6 losses = 1 Aussie, 1 Wimbly, 4 FO

so against anybody not named Nadal he is 16-1 in GSF's ... lolz

and he was up a set and a break on Delpo and was dominating in 2009 USO

oustide of the dirt he is 16-2 in GS finals.

best player of all time vs. a confirmed loser.

yep, let's go w/ Muggay

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    perfect rookie gambler logic = Fed all the way

unreal how Fed is killing it on tour this year, owns Wimbledon grass (lost 3 times in last 10 years), just punked the same opponent a few wks ago... and you're all coming up w/ Murray (the guy who has lost every big match in his life in demolitions) .... "is going to win b/c Great Britian deserves and it's his destiny"... or whatever fallacious reasoning you can come up with

this has Fed prints all over it. and you get Fed over 5 sets.

17-7 in GS finals

and he was up a set and a break on Delpo and was dominating in 2009 USO

oustide of the dirt he is 16-2 in GS finals.

best player of all time vs. a confirmed loser.

yep, let's go w/ Muggay
    gut feeling/hunch > any stat.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love money and all but have enough ethics to never win it by betting in Andy Murray. But I give him a 50-50 shot to win sadly.

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    gut feeling/hunch > any stat.
    gut feeling?

why would you go w/ your gut feeling when it's based on nothing? Mug loses all the big matches, Fed wins them all (minus Nadal)

best player of all time vs. notorious loser Mug

it's like saying, "Lakers have lost first 3 to the Mavs in the playoffs and can't beat them. just getting destroyed. they can't win. all the numbers in favor of Dallas.... but, you know what, gut feeling here. Lakers win game 4."

they got killed in Game 4

It was the same in the Pistons/Lakers series years ago

the gold is right in front of your eyes and you turn around and say, "Nah, I think there's a bag of gold under that rock over there by that cave. this pile of gold in front of me... well, my gut feeling says it's under that rock over there"

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I'm afraid that Murray will win. I want Fed to win because would totally complete his career. It's just so damn hard to beat Murray on grass again.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Books have a little more belief it appears. Federer opened 50 cents lower than he closed in their title match @ Wimbledon. I'd like Murray better if it was Best of 3. Best of 5 still going to be a war to try to knock off Federer. Another match where I think props/totals will be a much more beneficial wager than trying to predict which side wins out. Good thing for Murray is it looks like rain on Sunday will happen later, so they should get the true outdoor conditions.

Big thing will be Federer's 1st serve. If he is getting it in and winning points the way he did off Del Potro, Murray will have his work cut out for him. Murray obviously has a return game miles ahead of Delpo, but Federer's serve is obviously a massive neutralizer. I think Murray has to get out to a lead. Mentally this is a match he needs to be able to stay positive in early and not fall behind and start letting his mind wander.

baskets

same old story. Fed wins

no Nadal, no Djoker.... no Tsonga or Berdych... who would also pose a decent threat with the power

a Murray gift-wrap

really, Fed had the draw from the gods.

o/c, it may appear that it's sour grapes but, quite frankly, Djoker has been off pretty much all year. has played great, former #1, all that talent... but it's almost as though he wasn't there.... as evidence thru the clay season, the absent FO final, and then at times in the Olympics

likely Fed 3-1 or 3-0

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19040

Federer the ***GOAT*** at -165!!! for OLYMPIC GOLD!!! Anyone even thinking of betting against this for whatever "gut feeling" reason is an absolute IDIOT! Federer at these odds put the house, the car, the kids, your life and your fuckin soul on it! ITS A LOCK BITCH

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    17-7 in GS finals

I see you're riding with statistics. But what about his performance at the Olympics ?
    1/4 finals against Haas in Sydney, 2nd round against Berdych in Athens, 1/4 finals against Blake in Beijing.
    I'm not really sure if Olympics have ever been his ''priority'' and from what I've seen Federer's that big of a Master that he sometimes allows himself not to show up big. Given that he played a 4,5 hours match and a third set of 36 games (which is what, like almost three tiebreaker-sets) and is playing Murray at home... well I think that Scot really has a shot here.

And he's 14-1 (not 16) in GS finals against anyone not named Nadal

grizzlies2
    grizzlies2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im English, therefore not much of a Murray fan. But as a gambler I have no problem making money off him and have made plenty this year. When he lost the first set to Bagdahtis and the live odds for Murray went to -200 that was basically like stealing money from the bookies.

I do like Murray here. I watched the entire Fed v Isner match very closely and lost count of how many drop shots Fed didn't even bother trying to chase down. That caused me to go big on Delpo +4.5 games which I started a thread about, baskets didn't agree but we saw what happened.

Good value in Murray +140. I think the 5 setter actually favours Murray. Fed was already looking sluggish BEFORE the long match with Delpo. He's no spring chicken anymore and Murrays is a young man whose endurance has never looked better.

riffraff24

Line down to +135...

baskets

yes, u r correct. beat Rafa in the first 2 Wimbies. my bad

and this Olympics is a massive priority to him. it's clearly evident that it means everything to him

given the low frequency of 5-set finals and the fact that only 5 of his 24 GS finals have gone to 5 sets.... (3 of those were vs. Nadal)...

good likelihood this will be done in 4 sets or less. given that, you'd be best to simply take Fed on the cap of -2 or -3 and clip the price all the way down to almost evens.... rather than paying the ML.

pretty sure Muggay will lose. he always does

baskets

thx benevit

blow jobs included in that? can I get that in your offer?

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

The crowd will be insane in this match.
    Much more energy than the Wimbledon final, can guarantee that!

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    The crowd will be insane in this match.
    Much more energy than the Wimbledon final, can guarantee that!
    The problem is that Murray choking is independent of the crowd.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

of course Murray can win. He is playing great and with confidence.

Federer will give him nothing. No way I am betting against the greatest who ever lived for an Olympic gold.

Make it easy on yourselves and make a 100 bet for the sake of entertainment and nothing more. No point to try and bank of a match like this.

Murray will take awhile to recover if he loses to fed again. It will be nuts. I wouldn't do an interview.

Goat Milk

Murray is not gonna choke. If he loses that means Federer took it from him. Murray is a veteran now. He will play his heart out and play smart.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    cant believe murray was +150 vs djoker. that was a easy choice.
    how exactly can you argue murray should've been lower against Djokovic?

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

rooferer in 4 if its raining, otherwise may contemplate taking murray

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Fed was about -210 a month ago and -165 here

Fed beat Murray coming off a win off an uplifting win vs Joke. Murray just did the same thing while Fed barely got by Del Potro. Murray's resolve is evident getting here after heartbreak. What is 1 gold medal vs 2 for Fed? This means a hell of a lot more to Murray, once in a lifetime chance to win gold at home. The experience at Wimbledon is invaluable to overcome the pressure here.

If you want to get out there, consider the sympathy Fed had for beating Murray at WB. Will he really have the same determination to come out and crush Murray and all of GB again when he's already got his gold?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer doesn't have singles Gold. Only doubles.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post

Fed beat Murray coming off a win off an uplifting win vs Joke. Murray just did the same thing while Fed barely got by Del Potro. Murray's resolve is evident getting here after heartbreak. What is 1 gold medal vs 2 for Fed? This means a hell of a lot more to Murray, once in a lifetime chance to win gold at home. The experience at Wimbledon is invaluable to overcome the pressure here.

If you want to get out there, consider the sympathy Fed had for beating Murray at WB. Will he really have the same determination to come out and crush Murray and all of GB again when he's already got his gold?
    you have no clue what you're saying. thanks.

sincerely,

sheep's milk.

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10353

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post

Fed has the PR game down. He knows what to say to keep his Kings status at the All England Club. What he was really saying is for sure I want Andy to win a big one....just not when I'm the guy across the net from him

Btw, Andy can still get gold today...has a better shot in the Mixed Doubles Final w/Robson later today.
    Last edited by alta; 08-05-12 at 05:42 AM.

12 Last