VikesPhanatic84
    VikesPhanatic84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4921

Berankis anyone?

He beat mahut last week rather easily. Anyone like him to do it again tonite?

Professional1
    Professional1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

yes he will annihilate Mahut's 2nd serve again.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I mentioned this earlier on another thread:

The wet courts and humid weather has definitely affected first serves on almost all matches today in Washington. I just took Berankis due to this. It's already going to be tough on Mahut as is but with his biggest weapon, the serve being neutralized, I can definitely see an advantage swinging towards Berankis' way.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I imagine Mahut will make a few adjustments and make it more competitive this time, but I believe Berankins will advance. Not betting on it, though.

VikesPhanatic84
    VikesPhanatic84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4921

K I am on it. Thanks guys!! Let's do this

Professional1

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I mentioned this earlier on another thread:

The wet courts and humid weather has definitely affected first serves on almost all matches today in Washington. I just took Berankis due to this. It's already going to be tough on Mahut as is but with his biggest weapon, the serve being neutralized, I can definitely see an advantage swinging towards Berankis' way.

Well so far Querrey has won 15/16 and Igor has won 13/14 first serves and that match is being played now so your reasoning is weak.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Professional1 View Post
    Well so far Querrey has won 15/16 and Igor has won 13/14 first serves and that match is being played now so your reasoning is weak.
    Doesnt apply for this match. Let's see how MAHUT does on his serves.

Professional1

Doesnt apply for this match. Let's see how MAHUT does on his first serves.
    he will do fine but his 2nd serve will get crushed again. i am on berankis as well so gl!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked Mahut. Long week in LA & getting whipped in the title match + cross country travel on a quick turnaround ... tough to get going right away. Think if he loses the 1st set (Berankis), he loses the match. If Berankis can fight through the 1st set, maybe he can work a W.

Professional1

So far this match is going to plan Mahut getting abused on his 2nd serves. Saved 3 break points, Berankis holding easier.

nicsbr
    today was a good day
    nicsbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Berankis is so much better.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Mahut just got broken.

Professional1

winning 7/18 2nd serve points is not going to cut it Mahut!

Professional1

Mahut just got broken.

what are you talking about? mahut is 20/28 which is 71% and Berankis is 12/15 80%

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Well my reasoning on first serves tonight is holding true. Only 60% and 47% percentage on first serves for both players so far and Mahut just got broke. That humid weather is definitely coming into play for the big server.

Mahut is normally much higher than that on his first serve percentage.

nicsbr
    today was a good day
    nicsbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Good night and thanks for the money Berankis<3

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

what are you talking about? mahut is 20/28 which is 71% and Berankis is 12/15 80%

Look at his first serve percentage, not his percentage points won. Of course if he does get the first serve in , he's gonna win most of those points. Normally Mahut is at 70% to 80% on his first serve percentage.

Professional1

Well my reasoning on first serves tonight is holding true. Only 60% and 47% percentage on first serves for both players so far and Mahut just got broke. That humid weather is definitely coming into play for the big server.

Mahut is normally much higher than that on his first serve percentage.

i just posted their correct first serve stats you posted their 2nd serve stats

Professional1

Look at his first serve percentage, not his percentage points won. Of course if he does get the first serve in , he's gonna win most of those points. Normally Mahut is at 70% to 80% on his first serve percentage.
    so you are saying because it is humid their first serve % would be lower that makes no sense

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

i just posted their correct first serve stats you posted their 2nd serve stats

You're a fool and obvious noobie. Again look at the 1st serve % ......you're looking at the 1st Serve Points Won Percentage......of course everyone wins a majority of that .....you damn noobie.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

so you are saying because it is humid their first serve % would be lower that makes no sense
    The ball is much heavier due to the damp weather.

Professional1

You're a fool and obvious noobie. Again look at the 1st serve % ......you're looking at the 1st Serve Points Won Percentage......of course everyone wins a majority of that .....you damn noobie.

yeah no shit i misunderstood what you meant. still the humidity won't affect the serve. and the reason mahut is losing is like i said he can't win points on his 2nd serve like the first match you idiot.
    Last edited by Professional1; 07-31-12 at 11:15 PM.

Professional1

berankis has got 50% of his first serves in today so far compared to only 45% in LA. humidity really making a difference.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

yeah no shit i misunderstood what you mean. still the humidity won't affect the serve. and the reason mahut is losing is like i said he can't win points on his 2nd serve like the first match you idiot.
    That's not the reason Berankis is winning this match. Berankis has won 12 total points on Mahut's second serve out of 106 total points so far. YEP THAT SURELY IS THE REASON.

The reason is because Mahut is not getting most of his first serves IN which under normal conditions, he's at about 70%-80% first serves in.
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 07-31-12 at 11:21 PM.

Professional1

That's not the reason Berankis is winning this match. Berankis has won 12 total points on Mahut's second serve out of 106 total points so far. YEP THAT SURELY IS THE REASON.

The reason is because Mahut is not getting most of his first serves IN which under normal conditions, he's at about 80% first serves in.

this match is going the same way as last week. humidity is playing no part in it.

EaglesPhan36

Mahut is getting a higher % of his 1st serves in than Berankis. Berankis has always reminded me of Baghdatis in that regard. Has a potentially lethal serve, but commonly gets in 50% or less on 1st serve.

Professional1

when you can only win 10/29 points on your 2nd serve chances are you won't win the match.

Professional1

The reason is because Mahut is not getting most of his first serves IN which under normal conditions, he's at about 70%-80% first serves in.

stop making up numbers Mahut servers 62% first serves that is FACT not some made up number like you pulled out of your ass. Eagles is correct in that Berankis serves 50%

EaglesPhan36

He's staying in the match. Issue is that he is getting zero chances off the Berankis serve.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

stop making up numbers Mahut servers 62% first serves that is FACT not some made up number like you pulled out of your ass. Eagles is correct in that Berankis serves 50%
    What Eagle was trying to say is that you're contradicting yourself because Berankis hardly ever serves over 50% first serves you nitwit.

You hear this guy EP .....what a fool. Learn a bit more about tennis capping and use your ACTUAL posting id instead of hiding behind your 3rd made up posting name, then you can talk to us. I'm done talking to this noob.

EdwardHaney
    EdwardHaney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3105

Mahut is lucky to still be in this match. Berankis has had so many chances to put him away. I want to say Mahut will have a hard time winning a tiebreaker if it goes there, but then again he's playing the big points well so who knows. Still a reasonable chance that Mahut steals this match.

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Despite that I played on Mahut I agree with you and can't see him winning in a tie-break due to poor second serve %.

Professional1

What Eagle was trying to say is that you're contradicting yourself because Berankis hardly ever serves over 50% first serves you nitwit.

You hear this guy EP .....what a fool. Learn a bit more about tennis capping and use your ACTUAL posting id instead of hiding behind your 3rd made up posting name, then you can talk to us. I'm done talking to this noob.

he averages 50% you fool

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

If this goes to a 3rd set, I like Berankis' conditioning a bit more vs Mahut.

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Mahut havent had a single break point, he won only 17 return points. You cant win with a game like that.

12 Last