baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

So they're saying Roddick has a chance.....

Don't see it but line has dropped almost 400 pts in some places

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I only see it dropped about 100 points. I'm not seeing it either.

PharaohUB

I took Djok -1.5 sets -170. Roddick looked good for a little while there but starting to feel a little better.

I think the line dropped because Roddick gains a slight advantage with roof closed and his serve.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Surprised no one was jumping on Roddick because of line movement.

Ya know since people are dipshits like that and don't understand that line movement doesn't mean shit in tennis.

PharaohUB

Dunno why you're so hung up on line movement not meaning shit. Books wouldn't move lines if it didn't mean shit. My guess is this one moved because it got moved inside. If you see a line move you would be doing yourself a disservice to at least not ask the question before you place a bet. Nobody knows everything.

EaglesPhan36

Because 9/10 in tennis, it means nothing but people seem hell bent on wasting money when they see a line move and the majority of these moves are not at all large.

I didnt say dont pay attention to movement, but if you are betting tennis based on line movement you are not going to fare much better than making your normal picks. Last two examples I remember from the Olympics: dimitrov and Shvedova. Both moved from dogs to favorites. Both lost.

I just think everyone over reacts to line moves in this sport. If you are going to react to line moves in tennis every time, you are going to hate betting this sport. Moving that match indoors still wasn't going to make Roddick a better player than Djokovic and probably hurt him more because he hadn't played in those conditions this year whereas Djokovic had @ Wimbledon.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was simply expressing that the line was moving. My opinion was that Djoker was the clear winner... and he was in this match.. although that's irrelevant.

You really are a non-thinking liberal limp dink, Eagles. Go play with your street buddies Tyrone and DebrickeShaw.

And, yes, line movement can definitely be worthy. Player is injured or sick before the match and the line goes haywire... to be confirmed later on via tweets or media.... Malisse was sick and vomiting before the match. He retired after completing the 1st set. That kind of thing. But this was not known immediately to the betting public.

I think you should focus on picking more losing tennis picks... either that or getting ready to do some campaigning for your boy Obama.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    I was simply expressing that the line was moving. My opinion was that Djoker was the clear winner... and he was in this match.. although that's irrelevant.

You really are a non-thinking liberal limp dink, Eagles. Go play with your street buddies Tyrone and DebrickeShaw.

And, yes, line movement can definitely be worthy. Player is injured or sick before the match and the line goes haywire... to be confirmed later on via tweets or media.... Malisse was sick and vomiting before the match. He retired after completing the 1st set. That kind of thing. But this was not known immediately to the betting public.

I think you should focus on picking more losing tennis picks... either that or getting ready to do some campaigning for your boy Obama.
    Please stop posting

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post

I wasn't even talking about you - I took your post at face value that you were simply posting the line movement not that you were taking Roddick or even suggesting taking Roddick, but way to be defensive and insecure as usual.

Like I said before, the instances of line movement reflecting something that is actually useful is maybe 1/10. If people think they can guess which line move is reflective of something like that and which are either market correction or maybe just someone dropping a shit ton on one side .. good luck.