Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Washington matches - Blake/Baker

Was wondering what the opinion was on these 2 matches.

I can't see Blake blowing away Andujar even though he should do well on a US hard court...when has he blown anyone away?

Will Baker rebound?

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

I'm actually leaving for these matches right now lol. And I don't think there is a feed, haha so if you bet I'll let you know what happened

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

nice - let me know how it goes...i'm thinking of the andujar handicap. see if you can find out any inside knowledge while you are there

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I am really liking Baker today. Florent Serra is not a bigtime player at all. He is good, but Baker should DEF win this match!! If he doesn't, all the hype on that guy is for nothing!! Seriously, on hard court, IN the United States, Baker should take out Serra in straights. Baker really is the better player by far, IMO, and if he can pull a good game plan today and play really well, he should be moving onto the next round. Would be a big upset for Serra to advance here. I am looking at Baker today pretty good......

Blake is a freaking BUM. He had the break in the third set TWICE his last match & choked like a DOG to serve up to 5-2 and also to close the match out at 6-3. Both games he played like an idiot, going for huge shots, missing almost every first serve. I don't know ANYone can have faith in James Blake. And at -260??? He might win tonight, but that is nuts IMO. If the line tonight was -150, I would prob stay away. I think Blake's career is DONE. Oh, did I mention that the last match he lost was to Kamke (he's not even ranked in the top 100). I know Andujar is a clay court player, but I have NO faith in James Blake. Not after the last two matches I watched him play recently. Again, he should win.......but I am running away from this match. If anything, I would take Andujar and the games prob. But, I will personally not bet it on my thread.

GL!!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Afraid Baker is wearing down from his first regular season in years. The price on Blake is stupid, but I do expect him to win.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Baker is definitely out of gas or wearing down mentally at this point. He should not be backed as a large favorite and does not deserve that sort of price any longer.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think Baker is definitely out of gas or wearing down mentally at this point. He should not be backed as a large favorite and does not deserve that sort of price any longer.
    His baseline game is actually really bad, the main problem with him though is that little backhand return where he steps way into the baseline he was doing so well at wimbledon and french open is just not working anymore. Serra literally just matched him perfectly on the baseline and Baker gets no edge with the serve, after seeing Ram outplay Baker from the baseline and now this, the bookies are gonna think completely different about him. I like his game though as an underdog, he misses a lot and takes it so early but I feel like he is just in a slump right now and the pressure is just not helping