MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Farmer's Market Friday ......What's the consensus sharpies, can we sweep the board?

Out of all the tournaments going on this past week, this is the one I've been hitting with consistency. Anyone else had the same feel for this tourney? I went .500 at Kitzbuhel 5 for 10, didnt have a good feel for the clay tourney. Havent lost at the Farmer's Open though, hopefully let's close it out on a good note.

Let's round up all the sharpies and get your leans with any added comments. I know there's several other cappers out there picking sharp as nails on this tourney as well. Let's try and sweep the board at Farmer's fellas, I know we can do it if we band together on this.

Here are my leans for Farmer's Friday:

MAHUT VS BERANKIS - Small lean on Mahut. Mahut served very well yesterday. The only thing suspect was his groundstrokes. He kept using that slice on 90% of his backhand stroke which I dont like on hardcourts. Works well on grass but not on hard. Still, his serving may get him through.

RAM VS MAYER - Strong lean on RAM. This is probably my favorite matchup of the tourney. Ram has stepped it up another level. I like his form a lot here on the hardcourt. Mayer played against an uninspired opponent his last match. That won't be the case with a pumped up RAM and a heavy home crowd.

MATOSEVIC VS RUSSELL- Still open for discussion for me. This match is tricky. Even though a lot of us scored that lucky victory on Russell last night and most of the peeps on that match swore to go against him tonight, I somehow get this strange feeling that Russell was holding back last night and could come out in full force. I may be wrong.

MALISSE VS QUERREY-Open for discussion.

Best of Luck fellas!

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

I like Berankis to beat Mahut. MAhut is playing a player playing great wo is beating everybody.Including almost beating Nishikori. He younger and would of played better if wasnt for injuries.

I like Ram too.

I like Matosevic to win against russel. His serves going to give Russel a lot of trouble.

Not sure on Querrey vs Malisses. Coin flip in my opinion. Slightly leaning Malisse.

Best of Luck.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Ram, Berankis, Over+TB on Querrey/Malisse.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

MALISSE VS QUERREY - I can't pull the trigger on a -190 Querrey at the moment. Perhaps if my book opens a game line on it, I'll go Querrey.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I give an edge to Berankis because of the 2nd serve. Mahut's 2nd is not that strong right now, he's winning under 50% on it in most matches recently. Berankis is winning 60+ % on his 2nd which is really solid. Also troubling to me is that Mahut was not able to get much at all against Lorenzi's serve, only working break points twice. I think Berankis' return game is slightly better. I think the 2nd serve is going to be a big thing to watch. Whichever guy is able to win more points off that likely gets the edge.

Not really keen on either Ram or Mayer. Mayer you don't really have an idea of what his form is because he played his doubles partner who was clearly out of sorts. I don't really think Ram should be as big a chalky favorite like this. On the plus side for you, the TI crew is majority on Mayer.

If you read interviews from the match, Russell is crediting Paire with having an unorthodox game that makes it really difficult to stay in rhythm. I don't think Russell was holding back at all last night, just think he had difficulty matching Paire's game - but he still got it done. Matosevic is much more straight forward. This match is a real toss up. I thought Matosevic had a chance to make a run to the semis if he started the tourney hot and he has. I don't really think he's been tested though, so seeing how he responds to the stress Russell likely puts him under is the key. I'd take Russell who I think is just a mentally tough SOB.

Malisse is one to watch. He tweaked his serving motion this week and he's been exhibiting more power as a result. Querrey was dominant on-serve as well. Seems like this could come down to a tie break ... and I don't see where you can find an edge in that area either. I'd say if its a toss-up, you usually want to go with plus money especially if the price is giving a larger edge to one over the other.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

my opinion is as long as Querrey gets past Malisse
    he will win the tournament.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

^^^^^^I agree with you on Russell and Malisse, EP^^^^^^

I think the way Russell played last night, a lot of people will be jumping on Mato today. Yet he still remains a favorite at most shops and holding steady. Matosevic has a decent serve but his return game sucks. With his strong mental game, Russell might be able to pull through in a three setter. The line won't change much if at all on this one. If anything, the line might sway towards Mato's side. I'll wait closer to match time to decide.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I wasnt fully convinced on Mahut's groundstrokes and I think EP has the better read on the two so we'll go with Berankis on the first match. I'm still holding strong on Ram. I'll have several units on Ram today. So here's the first two plays of the tourney for me:

BERANKIS -115 (two units)
    RAM -130 (four units)

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Agreed with both plays, GL!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Agreed with both plays, GL!

GL Sawyer

757sFinest
    757sFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Line just moved a dime in mahut/berankis

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Love the plays so far man. Berankis has been playing pretty well as of late. All about form.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Heavy money flowed in on Mahut at the last minute. I hedged back some of units and took my initial gut on Mahut. Sorry, something in my gut tells me otherwise. I'm following the steam on Mahut on this one guys.....still keeping the Ram play.

Sorry I just noticed this at the last minute.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I can't find a feed?

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have sound and no video... not sure if it is even the right match

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ten whole cents ... eh. That ain't exactly an earth shattering line move.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Ten whole cents ... eh. That ain't exactly an earth shattering line move.
    Lol. That's what I was thinking

mdfizzle

A...40...A...40...A... come on already

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

It went more than that at my book EP. It went from -125 Berankis to -115 Mahut and this is in the closing 5 minutes of the match. Regardless of who wins this match, my moneymaker will be RAM today.

Good Luck

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I cant find a good feed anywhere as well. Anyone got a good link to the match?

mdfizzle

No, but me thinks it is all but over. Onto Ram, should be a feed for that.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Yep, Berankis was the right call. I didnt have a strong feel so I hedged out of it. Let's hope they have a feed for RAM.

Allen24
    Allen24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Great write up eagles!!!! Magic whats up glad too c ur still winning y u so heavy on ram?

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

I really disagree about Ram, he hasn't shown that much good tennis on hard imo. He was able to outhit Baker from the baseline and serve really well against Capdeville but this will be a much different match. Mayer plays the same game and is consistently better at it imo. I wouldn't touch Ram as a favorite here

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I agree with MDF, I think Ram gets it done today. Ram only lost 9 points on his serve the entire last match. Mayer is very up and down. If he is up, this match is super close. If he is not, Ram wins in straights. I think Ram makes another nice run this week into the semis or even the finals. he should have alot of confidence behind that serve. Mayer is tough, but if he gets broken, I don't see how he breaks back. Again, I am thinking a very tight match here today. GL MDF!!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Good Luck guys :

Wager Type : Money Line
    Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 1100.00 / 916.00(USD)
    Accepted : 7/27/2012 1:57PM - PST

Sport / Period : Tennis Other Sports / Game
    Selection : R. Ram
    Time : 7/27/2012 2:05:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -120
    Game Notes : MATCH WAGERING - A full set must be completed for money line wagers to have action.
    The spread and total is based on sets and the full match must be completed for action.

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    I agree with MDF, I think Ram gets it done today. Ram only lost 9 points on his serve the entire last match. Mayer is very up and down. If he is up, this match is super close. If he is not, Ram wins in straights. I think Ram makes another nice run this week into the semis or even the finals. he should have alot of confidence behind that serve. Mayer is tough, but if he gets broken, I don't see how he breaks back. Again, I am thinking a very tight match here today. GL MDF!!
    Yea that's because Capdeville had a meltdown... Ram served sensational but I think Mayer will have the edge on the neutral rallies

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Not sure if this is a good enough feed?

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/63417/1/mahut-vs-berankis-(atp-los-angeles)-live-stream-online.html

Where do you guys usually go for streams?

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    Idk if this is the same
    http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/2/78/v-427931.html

but this match is on tennis channel so better feeds probably will show up

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

There's a superb quality feed on LSHUNTER but it's in italian....the picture quality blows away the other feeds ....choose the italian link:

http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    There's a superb quality feed on LSHUNTER but it's in italian....the picture quality blows away the other feeds ....choose the italian link:

http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
    o shit good call, thanks. lol i've taken 4 semesters of italian so i'll be trying to pick up a few words

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Punjabi ** in the HOUSE

mdfizzle

Time to lay some action on Russell.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

RAM is serving lights out in this match so far......comes up big in the tiebreak. He's got a nice combination of flat/speed first serve and a whopping kick topspin second serve that Mayer has no answer.
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 07-27-12 at 05:10 PM.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    RAM is serving lights out in this match so far......comes up big in the tiebreak. He's got a nice combination of flat/speed first serve and a whopping kick topspin second serve that Mayer has no answer.
    You jinxed it

12 Last