TheChancellor
    TheChancellor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 466

No activity...

Been watching the forums all morning for some Tennis plays... What's the deal guys? Anyone have any picks?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the single worst week to bet tennis. Take off until the Olympics. The Farmers Classic field is one of the worst fields for an ATP event I can remember.

TheChancellor
    TheChancellor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 466

Thanks for the input man. That's all I was looking for. And it took over 50 views before I got an answer.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

EP is right, although there is money to be made if you do your homework.Tons of challengers this week.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kitzubhel might even be worse, ep... you know its bad when kavcic is a seeded player.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

I played Sock - 120 last night but see its at - 150 already, so probably too steep to play now.

beefcake
    Update your status

Man anyone can win the Farmers..Dudi Sela at 40-1!!

EaglesPhan36

Yeah the "seedsl @ LA are hilarious. Paire will enjoy his first and last top billing. Leo Mayer a 3? LoL. Querrey or Baker is my choice to run in LA, but who really knows. Expected Baker to run in ATL, but the surface switch might have got him last week. If you have to bet something, I would watch Americans in LA because they might give two shits, but probably best to watch a round or go real light.

beefcake
    Update your status

Yeah talk about a Land grab for points.Its like when Oklahoma became available.if some nobody can make it to the finals or win it they might be able to parlay this the rest of the season for direct entry.Paire...

EaglesPhan36

My quick look @ LA because I am sitting it out futures wise ... but the fractured crystal ball ...

Paire Quarter
    I could see Paire getting the boot in his opener against Russell or Levine. He's making the transition from clay and he's still a relative newb on hard courts. I would actually expect that he should lose. James Blake could be a prime candidate with the "Want to" to do well this week. Kamke is not an overwhelming 1st round opponent. Matosevic runs hot and cold as the 6th seed. I actually think the Aussie could run through this quarter if he starts hot.

Mahut Quarter
    Talk about craptacular. Mahut and Phau as the seeded players. Sela & Andreev in the intriguing 1st rounder. Watch out for qualifiers in this segment. Especially seeing Berankis and/or Guccione potentially getting into the main draw. Big servers could pull off an upset. This quarter looks like an absolute crapshoot. If Mahut serves well, I'd think he could ease through - but who knows if that holds up.

Mayer Quarter
    Mayer is another one I wouldn't be surprised to lose in his opener. He could face Sock & Sock is in relatively nice form right now and is another guy who is here to play without having to wonder what his motives would be. Baker & Ram should be a hard hitting 1st rounder. Expect better from Baker this week, but bites him if he's not ready to play. I expect the winner of this match to be the best shot to make the semis. Sock could be a surprise, but as a young player he's still prone to inconsistency and could just as easily lose his opener as he could make the semis.

Querrey Quarter
    Easily the best quarter with Querrey, Malisse, Ebden and USC product Steve Johnson. Querrey has won here twice, so he's at home on the courts - but he'll have to refind himself after a quick exit in Atlanta. I'd be semi-surprised if he wasn't in the quarters playing for a spot in the semis. Not sure Malisse is going to hold up much this week. Ebden could be a nice floater after a solid week last week.

nycyellow9
    nycyellow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    This is the single worst week to bet tennis. Take off until the Olympics. The Farmers Classic field is one of the worst fields for an ATP event I can remember.
    oh please, kitz is easily twice as worse!

on querrey/mahut futures

EaglesPhan36

Kitzhubel isn't nearly the trash that is in LA, IMO. Kohlschreiber as a #1 is believable. Mayer, Haase, Ramos ... some okay players. And then there are a lot of dirt ballers like Klizan, Volandri and a few others around that are legit enough on the surface. As a 250 level tournament, that is a competent player list. The LA one even for a 250 looks a lot more like a Challenger.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paire as a No. 1? Mahut as a No. 4?

Can't bet big on anything this week ...