grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

My write ups on Isner, Cilic and Bartoli today...other input wanted

Here's what I'm thinking. Would like to hear others thoughts:

Cilic at -195 over Tommy Haas. Haas plays like a different player on home soil. However on the whole he is well past his best and Cilic should be able to overpower him. My only concern is motivation and whether Cilic has a lot of it.

Isner at -120 and +100 on the -1.5 games over Roddick. I've made good money on Isner recently, motivation will not be an issue here as he want's this title a lot after loosing in the final the last 2 years. Isners game is much improved over the last year and he's no longer just a big server. The biggest improvement is probably his backhand. Roddick on the other hand is a douche through and through who is a shadow of his former self, I could see him imploding here.

Bartoli at -400 over Chan. Yes it's juicy and yes I cashed nicely with Chan last night over JJ thanks to Tevari's tip but I think the combo of an epically long game by womens standards and the come down after beating a former world no 1 could see her flat as pancake tonight. She's a fighter no doubt about that but I feel she gets outclassed her. Bartoli -4 is -200 which may be worth a look to save juice, I could see a 6-3 6-2 win here.

All other thoughts appreciated.

Griz

garbin
    garbin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Roddick x Isner is a coin flip with a better chance of the coin landing Roddicks side, I would skip this one.

Cilic x Haas another difficult call, would skip as well.

Have no idea about WTA.

You don't have to bet every game, save your chips for the real good bets.

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Agreed, I'm not definitely going to bet on any of these games, they were just the ones that stood out to me today.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Bartoli bet scares the dogshit out of me. I like the others a lot.

There is no way to find value in any bet on Bartoli. I would say that after she won 6-1, 6-0 too. It's Chan or no play.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

TB on Roddick-Isner is Free Money.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I would tread lightly with Cilic. I keep fading him (and failing) in hopes that he will run out of gas - I don't think anyone's played as much tennis as he has in the last 2 months or so, and I'll be fading him again today against Haas.

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    I would tread lightly with Cilic. I keep fading him (and failing) in hopes that he will run out of gas - I don't think anyone's played as much tennis as he has in the last 2 months or so, and I'll be fading him again today against Haas.
    I wont go against Cilic here, I think he'll advance here in this matchup, but I'm considering putting a little bit on Haas +3. Could hit it while still keeping my Cilic future alive, or worst case scenario I hit only it as a hedge.

tevari

Disappointing from Haas. 3 break points at 5-5. Doesn't convert & now looks real shaky fending off a set point.

younghandicapper
    younghandicapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about Soeda/Muller?

garbin
    garbin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Cash Tavari, good pick. Hope it covered your previous fades hehe.

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call tevari, I stand corrected. I think the first set was very much key in this match, more so than normally. Haas completely running away with it. Certainly feel like backing Haas in the final the way he's been playing recently, not sure Monaco can be trusted.

tevari

Monaco can be trusted - but Haas + Germany ....